Sergio Martinez trainer says serg would wreck:

kingobould***

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Margarito in 5 rounds.

I have to agree. I never thought marg was that good but i always liked his style. I always thought floyd would demolish him and im sure Serg slick style would make quick work of him.

What do you guys think if they fought?

Sergio wins in a one sided ass whooping that would make Martinez Pavlik look competitive in comparison.

I agree that he would wreck him.. but not in 5 rounds.. I think Marg is better than he gets credit for.. His fight with Paul Williams was a good close bout.

What do you guys think if they fought?

They did fight before, and Margarito TKOd Martinez in 7 rounds (back in 2000). Today? I would think Martinez would have to be the prohibitive favorite.

They did fight before, and Margarito TKOd Martinez in 7 rounds (back in 2000). Today? I would think Martinez would have to be the prohibitive favorite.

you know I didnt know that. only really started to pay attention to serg when he fought p will. I will have to go and watch that fight. thanks

I know Serg. would be the fav if they fought again today but with the style match up I would give Marg a chance. If he could apply consitit pressure and trap Serg, I think he could win. Look at the problems Williams gave Serg.

Sergio is so far evolved from the fighter that first encountered Margarito in 2000. At JMW or MW, Sergio indeed wrecks Tony. If he can land his bombs, I can see it ending around 5. I have no doubts he hits as hard if not harder than Mosley, and we all saw ass whooping that Shane laid on Tony! :D

Its difficult to point to Tonys recent fights as evidence of possible success against Serg, the whole plaster wraps thing and all. However on a good day Tony does provide some interesting problems for Sergio most notable, his chin, volume and cardio. Sergio has a tendency to fade where as Tony picks up steam as the fight goes on, constantly coming forward throwing tons of power punches to the body and head. I dont think Sergio has the power to make Marg respect him and constantly having to move will tire him out faster.

i don't think he would end it in 5 rounds but would definitly win the fight

I'd give Serg the nod. Could be an interesting grudge scrap though.

Margarito's not someone to just brush off ,dont let the hate full you
give him some time to get back in the flow of things and he will be back

but yeah Sergio fights in a class 1 and 2 sizes above tony
and margarito dosint do good at 154 so if they fought today a think sergio takes a
close decision

am still hyped for the Pacquiao vs Margarito fight .

Sergio moves very well, he's gotta be my favorite boxer right now. He's also a nightmare for any jabber.

Back