Sergio Martinez KO's Lionel Messi in Argentine Sports awards

No. But what does money have to do with lack of cultural interest? A Boxer is the highest paid athlete. Why doesn't every athlete ever move into Boxing? Theres ton of weight classes so everyone can compete.

You're right, athletes embarking on careers ignore the incentives. Thats why lawn bowls has such a high level talent pool.

why would your experience be any different than the soviets in the 70's and 80's ? they also " wanted " and just like the us today ,they were the most dominant national in sports at that time .

The Soviet Union was the most dominant Olympic team and tahts because they were a communist country who put in all their effort and resources into building these teams and none of their athletes could go Pro.

Honestly, and I'm not saying this to insult the sport, but when someone mentions soccer to me. I picture high school girls. Its a sport that no one cares about in the US after high school

Of course, I picture high school girls when people ask me about anything but still.....

I lived there Seano, I know. But you have dudes there who want nothing more than to make it big time in the sport, same as any other sport or country. ZZ is either trolling or genuinely believes people in Europe care at all about baseball and "american" football.

And if you said college girls I would feel more comfortable in this analogy ;)

This. Unless we get Mexico and Canada's, as well. And only if Canada doesn't have negative medals.

The superior athletes are still in Europe. This isn't debatable. Not only do Europeans get twice the medal count of any other continent but they're also at the centre of the biggest sport in the world.

Europe 446
Asia 238
America 197
Australia 48
Africa 11 34

Its a sport that no one cares about in the US after high school

the US team ratings beg to differ .

maybe boxing is really dying in the US after all , a sport nobody gives a crap about pulls 7 time the ratings the most watched boxing event does

the US team ratings beg to differ .

Well, I can't respond to that because there is literally nothing about the sport in the press, on the news or even people talking about it in public places.

You're right, athletes embarking on careers ignore the incentives. Thats why lawn bowls has such a high level talent pool.

No one in America is even aware how much Soccer players make. Like I said, cultural awareness. We. Don't. Care. If shown a picture we probably couldn't tell Christiano Ronaldo from Pele.

The Soviet Union was the most dominant Olympic team and tahts because they were a communist country who put in all their effort and resources into building these teams and none of their athletes could go Pro.

they dominated international hockey too .

they had a soccer league ,and their teams played in the european championship .

and they still sucked

Kansas has a team, and Beckham is there right...

No one in America is even aware how much Soccer players make. Like I said, cultural awareness. We. Don't. Care. If shown a picture we probably couldn't tell Christiano Ronaldo from Pele.

I honestly wouldn't know which was which.

This right here is bullshit.

I used to live in the US. You don't care, cool.

This right here is bullshit.

I used to live in the US. You don't care, cool.

Well, I live here now and I don't know a soul who knows anything about soccer as an international sport.

Well, I live here now and I don't know a soul who knows anything about soccer as an international sport.

You aren't aware that football (soccer) players make a shit ton of money?

You aren't aware that football (soccer) players make a shit ton of money?

I really would have no answer if someone asked me how much they make. I guess I'd assume its good money as pro athletes.

No one in America realises that the guys playing the most played sport in the world get a bit of cash? They do.

What does money have to do with anything? Jesus, you guys will look for any excuse to make America look bad.

"Oh they suck at soccer and theres no excuse because good athletes gravitate towards money"

We don't give a fuck. Were too busy watching Football, Basketball, Boxing, hell even fucking Nascar before we watch Soccer.

that's not even the point . nobody cares that you don't care

you argued that all the us needs to be the best at soccer is " care " and " want " and this is a baseless claim . if the US wants to be good at soccer, it won't be the first rich , athletic powerhouse to do so ( and fail afterwards ) .

the most dominant soccer country is brazil , they're neither the richest nor the most athletically distinguished nation in the world .

do you seriously believe that a country like the uk dosen't have the " resources " to compete with brazil ? the simple reason is that success in soccer is based on numerous intangibles and grassroot development traditions and ideologies and not just " money " and " will "

I really would have no answer if someone asked me how much they make. I guess I'd assume its good money as pro athletes.

That was the only point I was making Seano, dude said no one in America knows how much they make. I don't follow basketball but I assume as a sport that has a network tv deal they get a lot.

Most college teams in the US only have a girls squad. It's a kid/girl sport in the US.

That's not a diss, just the reality of soccer here in the US.

Back