Sergio Martinez KO's Lionel Messi in Argentine Sports awards

EU - 306 medals 92 gold
US - 104 medals 46 gold
China 87 medals 38 gold

Looks like those girly Europeans raped you three times over and China is lighting a fire under your ass.

So much for best athletes.

EU - 306 medals 92 gold
US - 104 medals 46 gold
China 87 medals 38 gold

Looks like those girly Europeans raped you three times over and China is lighting a fire under your ass.

Every country in Europe combined? Thats a pretty weak argument.

That's an amazing accomplishment, Messi's one of the best footballers of all time, the best currently and had a amazing year where he broke Gerd Mullers 86 goal in a single year record with a total of 90 goals until now and there's 1 more game this year against Real Valladolid in which I expect Messi to play and score in.

Here we go europe, here we go!

Youre right, he mad about Ireland ;)

Every country in Europe combined? Thats a pretty weak argument.

Eh, Seano, not every country in Europe is in the EU.

Compare like with like. By right if the US had the best athletes then the majority of the medals should be located in the US, not in the EU. The best athletes are in Europe. Period.

Eh, Seano, not every country in Europe is in the EU.

Compare like with like. By right if the US had the best athletes then the majority of the medals should be located in the US, not in the EU. The best athletes are in Europe. Period.

also the most diversified athletes

take swimming and it's 4545487878 possible medals and the medal tally dosen't look as impressive

the soviet union smoked you in the 1972 olympics with 1/3 of your population
the soviet union smoked you in the 1976 olympics with 1/3 of your population
the soviet union boycotted the 1980 and 1984 olympics
the soviet union returns in 1988 , and smoke you with 1/3 of your population

you're right , we should never compare the soviet union to the US . thjeir olympic history is more impressive

Right. But we don't care about Soccer. Plus we have the most medals of all time. So suck on that.

You're all wrong. Theres no interest in soccer in the US. Thats why the US has no foothold in the sport. Because we don't give a shit about it.

Our best athletes are all some of the best in the world. Theres no reason they wouldn't be if they played soccer too.

Bingo.

People have this idea that we don't get into it because were not good. No its because its boring to us and has a stereotype of being a sport for kids and girls.

Right. But we don't care about Soccer. Plus we have the most medals of all time. So suck on that.

Bingo.

People have this idea that we don't get into it because were not good. No its because its boring to us and has a stereotype of being a sport for kids and girls.

Lio Messi makes $1.4m per 4 weeks. Girls make that in us sports huh?

at least 2 soccer players in argentina should have been ahead of martinez, with respect to sergio but that's the way it is.

lol @ people even bringing up China. Anything to make America look bad. They were supposed to be some dominator's and we still got more medals then them :redface:

The same guys said a few years ago that China "owned" us in regards to debt and look what happened. Face it guys, the US is the world leader.Even when it comes to sports.

and this is my whole point : even if you care, you'll suck at it , just like soviet union sucked at it despite being the most successful athletic nation at the time .

and for the love of god you should stop talking like you represent all americans . major US team games smoke boxing in the ratings .

Football is too skillful and tactical for Americans to enjoy it.

No. But what does money have to do with lack of cultural interest? A Boxer is the highest paid athlete. Why doesn't every athlete ever move into Boxing? Theres ton of weight classes so everyone can compete.

why would your experience be any different than the soviets in the 70's and 80's ? they also " wanted " and just like the us today ,they were the most dominant national in sports at that time .

Honestly, and I'm not saying this to insult the sport, but when someone mentions soccer to me. I picture high school girls. Its a sport that no one cares about in the US after high school

Of course, I picture high school girls when people ask me about anything but still.....

Back