Sergio Martinez KO's Lionel Messi in Argentine Sports awards

I heard that the Argies aren't in love with Messi, but this is eye opening. Good for Martinez.

That's a great accomplishment. Not even sure if he deserves it. Messi has done astonishingly well this year.

yeah guy smashed it, i thought someone breaking the bombers record would grant it
and the assists.. and dribbles.

yeah guy smashed it, i thought someone breaking the bombers record would grant it
and the assists.. and dribbles.

It's too hard to tell what means the most for us outside the country. Someone winning the one and only gold medal during the biggest sporting event in the world would be pretty huge for a country like that. On the other hand Argentina may have been following Martinez a hell of a lot more than they did Messi. It just might so happened other things came along that meant more to the country.

and 90% of the world

You know baseball and basketball are kids games in europe

What does it matter? If the US wanted we could easily wreck shit. But we don't care. Its for Women and kids. Thats why our Women's team is #1 in the world last I checked.

Europe plays Baskteball and Baseball as kids cause they know they would get their shit pushed in so deep if they stuck with that as adults

What does it matter? If the US wanted we could easily wreck shit. But we don't care. Its for Women and kids. Thats why our Women's team is #1 in the world last I checked.

Europe plays Baskteball and Baseball as kids cause they know they would get their shit pushed in so deep if they stuck with that as adults

Not where I live my friend. I played basketball because I had a 6'11" teacher who had played college ball in the states. Anywhere else, football or out unless you're at a posh school, maybe rugby.

Nobody plays baseball.

What does it matter? If the US wanted we could easily wreck shit.

no you can't.

the soviet union used to wreck shit in the olympics and had the highest medals per capita , but they never managed to advance past the quarter finals in soccer , their national sport .
same goes from mexico , a powerhouse in boxing, but one big failure in the international scene in their favorite sport ( boxing is very very distant second in mexico )

soccer = deepest talent pool in the world , and takes more than throwing some money around ( like in the olympics ) to achieve success

no you can't.

the soviet union used to wreck shit in the olympics and had the highest medals per capita , but they never managed to advance past the quarter finals in soccer , their national sport .
same goes from mexico , a powerhouse in boxing, but one big failure in the international scene in their favorite sport ( boxing is very very distant second in mexico )

soccer = deepest talent pool in the world , and takes more than throwing some money around ( like in the olympics ) to achieve success

Haha. You believe this shit. Don't ever compare America to Mexico or the Soviet Union. We wreck shit when we want to. We have a giant population and could easily have access to the best resources if we wanted. When we actually care, we do good. But we don't and believe its a Woman's sport and thats why our women run shit in Soccer.

Haha. You believe this shit. Don't ever compare America to Mexico or the Soviet Union. We wreck shit when we want to. We have a giant population and could easily have access to the best resources if we wanted. When we actually care, we do good. But we don't and believe its a Woman's sport and thats why our women run shit in Soccer.

Hockey, baseball and basketball are much more popular with women over here.

the soviet union smoked you in the 1972 olympics with 1/3 of your population
the soviet union smoked you in the 1976 olympics with 1/3 of your population
the soviet union boycotted the 1980 and 1984 olympics
the soviet union returns in 1988 , and smoke you with 1/3 of your population

you're right , we should never compare the soviet union to the US . thjeir olympic history is more impressive

you're right , we should never compare the soviet union to the US . thjeir olympic history is more impressive

But the Soviet Union crumbled.

Winner- America.

*nods head*

LOL soccer sucks. Honestly, all that ball play and control is boring, much like Jon Fitch.

Do they dominate sports teams? And baseball is at its lowest point in years and Hockey is Canadian.

Zero idea what you're point is here but fine. I love American sports. That said, no one plays "football" in any specific organised programmes outside America. There are things like semi pro leagues in Finland and Germany but it isn't organised sports.

America and Latin America and Japan play baseball. Good for you.

Basketball is played moderately in eastern Europe.

Ice hockey... Eastern Europe.

EVERYBODY plays football ( soccer trololol). If America wanted to win it would try. It doesn't want to, MLS isn't a good league and the top players don't play for top teams.

USA doesn't win everything based on if they want it. Top footballers earn $325k per week. You're telling me that top athletes in America would ignore that?

ps : i never intended to do a direct comparaison between the US and the soviet union , but the whole " if we wanted to , we'll dominate the shit out of soccer " is pretty silly

the soviets wanted to dominate international sports , so they dominated the olympics and sports like hockey .
the soviets wanted to dominate soccer, they failed big time

it's more than just " wanting " and spending lots of money

You're all wrong. Theres no interest in soccer in the US. Thats why the US has no foothold in the sport. Because we don't give a shit about it.

Our best athletes are all some of the best in the world. Theres no reason they wouldn't be if they played soccer too.

Back