Sergio looking SHARP and looks to be working on the JAB

Cotto is going to KO Martinez pretty easily.

Poor balance, poor reflexes, poor reactions and a poor chin doesn't not bode well against a hungry and aggressive Miguel Cotto.

Will be nice to see perhaps the most overrated fighter of the past few years get the beating he has been in line for.

you'd think someone with all the flaws you just mentioned would have been stopped more than once in the last decade or so .
yet his last stoppage loss was 14 years ago , and he was on his feet when that happened .
is it a granite chin ? no . but it's solid enough to recover from hellacious shots from bigger opponents .
i just don't see cotto , the diminutive welterweight who hasn't stopped anyone with a pulse in a long time , as a likely candidate to stop sergio.

Good point but to the flipside, cotto has been boxing much longer than sergio, who was a late starter for boxing. This is going to be exciting and first fight i am looking forward to in a long time, sucks I'll be at a memorial. WAR DA SEX!

Whoa...what's with the dubbs? What did you do this time?

It doesn't really matter what you think though does it?

What matters is Sergio getting dropped and hurt consistently throughout his career.

i was just watching the margarito fight the other day

you'd think someone with all the flaws you just mentioned would have been stopped more than once in the last decade or so .
yet his last stoppage loss was 14 years ago , and he was on his feet when that happened .
is it a granite chin ? no . but it's solid enough to recover from hellacious shots from bigger opponents .
i just don't see cotto , the diminutive welterweight who hasn't stopped anyone with a pulse in a long time , as a likely candidate to stop sergio.

Who has Martinez fought that has been good enough to stop him? He's been fighting guys like Macklin, Barker, Murray, Diznzy and even Williams. Fighters who aren't good punchers at all. They are C levels guys who he should be walking straight through, he struggled with all of them except Dzinzy and lost to Williams and Murray.

Chavez is limited and made for someone like Martinez who employs lots of lateral movement. Even he nearly knocked him out. All of these guys who have hurt him weren't good enough to finish him. Cotto is good enough to finish his man off.

If his chin isn't below average then why does he always get hurt and put down? Murray isn't a big puncher at all, he put him down twice. Williams wasn't a big puncher, he couldn't put down Lara or Ishida, but put Martinez straight on his arse with a glancing blow. It should be pretty obvious to anyone who has followed Martinez career that he doesn't take shots to the temple well, he's been consistently vulnerable to them throughout his career.

Cotto has the ability land consistently and cleanly with good solid power. Martinez hasn't fought ANYONE in a long time that can do that. And Cotto stopped Rodriguez in his last fight, a durable guy who definitely does have an active pulse, stop being ignorant.

Sergio's chin held up against Palvik's punches just fine

the diminutive welterweight who hasn't stopped anyone with a pulse in a long time , as a likely candidate to stop sergio.

Oh.
2.gif

That shot would put Sergio down like Old Yeller.

I thought he looked like an old man against Murray.

m1.gif

m2.gif

When I watched that fight, I saw a guy who was struggling with his mobility and not seeing punches coming his way for much of the fight.

You're the most biased guy in these forums. You only look at what you want to look, you ignore the rest. Gets old.

I don't think it's a matter of a subpar chin, but rather sloppy foot work and being off balance...

that knockdown against Pavlik wasn't all that hard, more of Sergio being way off balance...

same with the first Paul Williams fight...

the Macklin knockdown really looked like he tripped over his own feet.

That's why Sergio has that same look on his face when he gets knocked down...

it's a mix of "WTF???" and "SShiiiiiiiitt, I can't believe that happenned."

The only times I've seen him visibly hurt was the Margarito fight, and his fights against Murray and Chavez jr.

My Tapology score>>>

Sergio fan boys are some of the worst in the sport.

Martinez has been knocked down consistently throughout his career, he doesn't just fall off balance, he gets hurt. The guy has poor resistance to temple shots, he deals with shots to the jaw just fine but as soon as he gets clipped around the head he falls to the floor like a sack of shit.

Whether you like it or not, the evidence is on my side here.

Excellent breakdown.

You're posting bad moments from wins of his, posting gifs of his knockdowns.You fail to give the fighter you don't root for credit, and you only look at their worst moments. I'm not saying you're wrong, but your one-sidedness in predicting fights will undoubtably lead to you eating crow after the fight.

You're posting bad moments from wins of his, posting gifs of his knockdowns.You fail to give the fighter you don't root for credit, and you only look at their worst moments. I'm not saying you're wrong, but your one-sidedness in predicting fights will undoubtably lead to you eating crow after the fight.

You'll just have to find some way to deal with it I suppose. Maybe if Sergio wins you can hold on to it for years and bring it up all the time.

You'll just have to find some way to deal with it I suppose. Maybe if Sergio wins you can hold on to it for years and bring it up all the time.

I suppose I'll do that.

I suppose I'll do that.

Probably.

Truth is, If I were posting gifs of Cotto getting hit, you'd be fine with it. "Da Sex! Only loses if less than 100%!!!1"

Probably.

Truth is, If I were posting gifs of Cotto getting hit, you'd be fine with it. "Da Sex! Only loses if less than 100%!!!1"

I like Sergio and I want him to win, I assume it's the same situation with you and Cotto. My first comment was inappropriate and rushed, I apologise as I understand you have good knowledge on the stuff you talk about.

I suppose the excitement of the fight got to me.

Back