Sergio looking SHARP and looks to be working on the JAB

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
maravilla.jpg

link: http://www.mediotiempo.com/mas-depo...avilla-de-fisico-mostro-sergio-martinez-en-ny

sorry its in espanol

Well here is a vid from today's media workout

He is looking sharp with the hands above the waist but the min he is in the ring, hands go down and he stick his face out. Cotto gonna make him pay for that.

Its Sergio's reflexes that are the question IMO. People keep talking about his injuries but he basically was not seeing shots coming before he was getting hit by Murray.

It'll be interesting to see how fast Cotto looks compared to the larger guys Sergio has been fighting. I'm looking forward to this one.

Well here is a vid from today's media workout

He is looking sharp with the hands above the waist but the min he is in the ring, hands go down and he stick his face out. Cotto gonna make him pay for that.

The hands down, chin down style has advantages. Look at the feet before the upper body to exploit weakness. Sergio can put up his dukes, or shoot from the hip. The fight will be won or lost with the feet.

Its Sergio's reflexes that are the question IMO. People keep talking about his injuries but he basically was not seeing shots coming before he was getting hit by Murray.

It'll be interesting to see how fast Cotto looks compared to the larger guys Sergio has been fighting. I'm looking forward to this one.

It couls look Like Thruman vs Paulie. Sergio isn't gonna be able to pull out of range like his wants and get caught on the tail end of Cotto's punches.

It couls look Like Thruman vs Paulie. Sergio isn't gonna be able to pull out of range like his wants and get caught on the tail end of Cotto's punches.

Porter you mean?

I actually could see it like that but I'm afraid I'm being optimistic. But I won't be shocked if its one sided for Cotto. I know I'm in the minority.

The hands down, chin down style has advantages. Look at the feet before the upper body to exploit weakness. Sergio can put up his dukes, or shoot from the hip. The fight will be won or lost with the feet.

It does have some advantages but like Seano you have to have the reflex for it and Sergio is older. them reflexes might be slowing down soon.

Porter you mean?

I actually could see it like that but I'm afraid I'm being optimistic. But I won't be shocked if its one sided for Cotto. I know I'm in the minority.

your right. Porter not Thruman.

I thought he looked like an old man against Murray.

m1.gif

m2.gif

When I watched that fight, I saw a guy who was struggling with his mobility and not seeing punches coming his way for much of the fight.

I thought he looked like an old man against Murray.

m1.gif

m2.gif

When I watched that fight, I saw a guy who was struggling with his mobility and not seeing punches coming his way for much of the fight.

He tore his knee days before the fight and it was also pouring rain in an outdoor soccer stadium.

He's looking very sharp like Seano said it's his reflexes that are gone. Offensively his timing seems off he is throwing a lot of punches but not putting anything together. He's been boxing on the outside but I like him better when he is in the inside throwing those awkward punches from weird angles. Against a high guard he struggled and Cotto normally keeps his hands up.

Nice how you left out that it was pouring rain in an outdoor stadium.

Sergio did have knee reconstruction after the fight as well so his knee was badly damaged.
His sloppy footwork is the reason he falls and hurts himself.
What will the excuse be if he looks subpar against Cotto?

His sloppy footwork is the reason he falls and hurts himself.
What will the excuse be if he looks subpar against Cotto?

:rolleyes:

So a thunderstorm dropping tons of water in the ring has no impact on slipping or bad movement?

Ask Yuri Foreman who ruined his knee by stepping on some water in a corner against Cotto.

No excuse, if Cotto wins, he earned it. Sergio says he's in great shape and took over a year plus to recover.

So a thunderstorm dropping tons of water in the ring has no impact on slipping or bad movement?

Ask Yuri Foreman who ruined his knee by stepping on some water in a corner against Cotto.

No excuse, if Cotto wins, he earned it. Sergio says he's in great shape and took over a year plus to recover.

Was it raining during the Pavlik fight? Was it raining in the first round when Williams put him down? Was it raining in round 12 of the chavez fight?

Will it be raining if he stumbles all around the ring against Cotto or will people come up with a different excuse by then?

Not to mention Sergio broke his left hand in the second round. That really can't be disputed.

Was there water in the ring? I didnt see the fight but they had sone sort of canopy yeah? Damn you'd think they wouldnt let people fight with water in the ring

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back