Sergey Kovalev to exercise rematch clause against Eleider Alvarez

Stormtrooper85

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Following his upset knockout loss to Eleider Alvarez on August 4 in Atlantic City, one question was whether or not Sergey Kovalev would exercise the rematch clause in his contract, and it was expected that he would.

Now, ESPN reports that he will, according to manager Egis Klimas.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/8/...ercise-rematch-clause-against-eleider-alvarez

Makes sense for Sergey to take the fight but immediately doesn't seem like the best course of action. there's some holes in his game that he really needs to work on before risking another L

the title is misleading. dan asked someone and he said "sure"

nothing is offical they didnt submit anything yet.

Jesus, if Kovalev lost the rematch he would be so far from where he was pre-Ward, and even post-Ward I. That would be crazy.

I didn't want an immediate rematch but figured we would get one. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to set up.

Kovalev better come right for this one. In better shape than he has in years. Another loss here basically ends his career at the top.

I hope Kovalev gets brutally KO’d.

Can’t wait to see the back of this idiot.

Excited for the end of the racist prick. Really sbowed his complete lack of integrity and robustness during the Ward losses

"Kovalev to exercise..."

I call bull.

"...rematch clause against Eleider Alvarez"

Oh.

I think Kuvalev will win the rematch, he got careless and paid the ultimate price. I still see him as the only man who should have a win over Ward, it would be a shame if he is finished as a top fighter.

I think Kuvalev will win the rematch, he got careless and paid the ultimate price. I still see him as the only man who should have a win over Ward, it would be a shame if he is finished as a top fighter.

I don't think he's the same fighter as Ward I

The way Kovalev could win is if he has his best training camp ever and is able to go 12 if he needs to or not.
or if he hurts him like he did in round 4 but is able to finish him.
How likely is either??

I pick Alvarez but I see this as a 60-40 rematch. but Kovalev wont be able to go much further than this.

Back