Sergey Kharitonov cut from Glory?

Not like he was actively signed on or anything. Glory rankings generally don't mean much anyways.

Sergei was ranked 3rd on that list a few weeks back.

I like how there are never news about which fighter was cut. You have to find out on your own by looking at their rankings.

I like how there are never news about which fighter was cut. You have to find out on your own by looking at their rankings.

same with UFC and every org. Fighters prefer it that way; not good for their brand to have it officially announced they have been fired/dropped

Gotta make room for JJ's master plan of filling Glory's ranks with US strikers competing in local smoker events...

Gotta make room for JJ's master plan of filling Glory's ranks with US strikers competing in local smoker events...

i wish Dana White was the face of GLORY just so i could listen to the spin he would put on a guy like Maurice whatshisname who got stopped on one leg kick by Xavier Vigney at Glory San Diego

Damn it glory! He was the no1 contender in hw. Who the hell is rico going to fight now?

Rico destroys him with leg kicks, but at least it's a possible matchup.

Really, what potential matchups do we have at HW? Looking bleak. Everything outside of LW really.

What's killing Glory for me is no real narrative. Just "here's a tournament". Fights need to be built and anticipated.

What's killing Glory for me is no real narrative. Just "here's a tournament". Fights need to be built and anticipated.

huge problem, but Spike wont let them not do tournaments

in an ongoing regular promotion, tournaments should be scrapped or reduced to twice -yearly affairs. The K-1 model was different, they only did a couple shows a year and tournaments were the be-all and end-all.

for the likes of Glory and the UFC, a tournament gives you one winner and a load of losers and also deprives you of the opportunity to build a narrative as you say

huge problem, but Spike wont let them not do tournaments

in an ongoing regular promotion, tournaments should be scrapped or reduced to twice -yearly affairs. The K-1 model was different, they only did a couple shows a year and tournaments were the be-all and end-all.

for the likes of Glory and the UFC, a tournament gives you one winner and a load of losers and also deprives you of the opportunity to build a narrative as you say

They could use the tournaments as a narrative and a way to build up fighters if they would not have all these breaks between fights. They should have a tournament winner fight for the title on the very next show like they did with simon marcus. Any time anyone builds momentum and has people talking glory kills it by not having them fights again for 4 to 6 months.

Back