Sergei Kharitonov vs. Alexei Kudin added to M-1 Challenge 43 card

great fight, m-1 is such an underrated company and has some great fighters in their divisions (heavyweight, welter, and light)

Nice to see him back. Wonder if it will be a HW or SHW fight. Saw Sergei was down (at least from where he was earlier this year) to about 263 at Glory. I wonder if he had to cut.

Nice to see him back. Wonder if it will be a HW or SHW fight.

He was 260 or something last week in his KB fight at Glory 11.

I'd like him to lose something like 10 pounds. He looked good at 250 against Arlovski.

Nice, WAR SERGEI!

I'd love to see him in the UFC, but it's probably not gonna happen.

He was 260 or something last week in his KB fight at Glory 11.

I'd like him to lose something like 10 pounds. He looked good at 250 against Arlovski.

I didn't catch his fight, but I heard he won and it is good to hear he weighed in below the HW limit.

I was worried Sergei was going to balloon up something ridiculous like 300+lbs and still try and compete.

Nice, WAR SERGEI!

I'd love to see him in the UFC, but it's probably not gonna happen.

I really thought it was going to happen after Strikeforce buyout... But now I think it's never gonna happen too.

It is difficult for me to get excited for a Kharitonov fight these days...

Because I remember how good he used to be.

This is a great fight. Could be a stand up war or Sergei could beat him up and sub him on the mat. Either way, I hope the winner fights the winner of Grabowski vs. Garner (which I hope is Grabowski >:])

Kharitonov is still VERY GOOD mma fighter, he lost to Barnett SURE but barnett may be top 5 fighter in the world

Kharitonov is still VERY GOOD mma fighter, he lost to Barnett SURE but barnett may be top 5 fighter in the world

It's very hard to gauge where he is at the past 5+ years. Yeah, he lost to Barnett who is good, but his biggest win in that entire time period is Andrei Arlovski who was coming off a three fight losing streak (including a loss to Brett Rogers). Plus he has exhibited a lot of bizarre career behaviors in recent years like pulling out of a fight with Tony Lopez due to "injury" and fighting a 0-0 fighter the next week and ballooning up to 300+ outside of fights. I see that guy right now, I don't see the guy from 2006.

He needs to lose weight, he very well could still be very good, but it's really hard to tell with him.

Last edited:
The athletic Sergei with the red trunks and visible abs in Pride was a monster, had the potential to be one of THE best, but something got lost along the way. He was always good, but I really miss the Sergei that pulverized Ninja and Rizzo.

It's very hard to gauge where he is at the past 5+ years. Yeah, he lost to Barnett who is good, but his biggest win in that entire time period is Andrei Arlovski who was coming off a three fight losing streak (including a loss to Brett Rogers). Plus he has exhibited a lot of bizarre career behaviors in recent years like pulling out of a fight with Tony Lopez due to "injury" and fighting a 0-0 fighter the next week and ballooning up to 300+ outside of fights. I see that guy right now, not the guy from 2006.

He needs to lose weight, he very well could still be very good, but it's really hard to tell with him.

he's not the same anymore i don't think it's because of injures, he ballons because he hates training and love to fight like Shogun ,that's why he's in M1 and Glory not UFC.

Kharitonov vs Nelson,Hunt ,his fight with JDS could be awesome,i have him easliy beating Schaub's of HW,Barry ,Mir,He would probably KTFO Miocic, yes he lost to Verhoeven in K1 on new years eve but Verhoeven just beat Ghita and Saki in a row.

Kharitonov hands are still top notch in MMA HW division he's getting destroyed by Cain and Barnett and Cormier but i give him decent shot at beating rest of HW division

The athletic Sergei with the red trunks and visible abs in Pride was a monster, had the potential to be one of THE best, but something got lost along the way. He was always good, but I really miss the Sergei that pulverized Ninja and Rizzo.

Injuries + Switched training camp (focused on kickboxing) + age

I miss Russian top team Paratrooper Sergei too.

Back