Sergei Kharitonov: UFC does not grant Russian fighters title Shots!!!!

Hannya MMA

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
"To be honest, I just think that the UFC does not need a Russian champion. This conclusion I made a long time watching this promotion. Our guys are fighting, fighting, and do not get a title shot. But we are trying. Sooner or later," Sergei told

"As for me, I am 35 years old, I am no longer a young athlete. If I sign a contract with the UFC, they will give me one fight a year," said Kharitnov.

"And now, in the previous two years, I've had almost seven bouts. Therefore, I believe that I chose the right position. I stand where I want and where I am given the opportunity. I fight at the same time with worthy men."

It's not to say he wouldn't consider re-thinking his position. Of course, UFC would have to guarantee him three fights a year, one of those potentially being a title shot.

"I would want a contract for one year with three fights, which provided I win the first two, grants me a title fight."
http://www.mmamania.com/2015/8/22/9178505/ufc-sergei-kharitonov-says-ufc-doesnt-seem-to-need-russian-champion-mma?_ga=1.88618971.135462631.1437771766

UFC_174_event_poster.jpg

so in other words, he's content fighting lesser competition for more money.

Which Russian fighters are deserving of a UFC title shot that aren't getting one at present?

LOL

Khabib is always injured, others aren't even ranked in top15

Bagautinov got one, the other guy who's close (Khabib) is always injured, Khabilov shit the bed against Bendo and Martins so he clearly isn't deserving, and all the other Russians are nowhere near the title. Uninformed complaining.

I think fighters would be very intelligent to push for a title shot clause in their contract if certain conditions are met.

khabib was one win away from a shot then he got hurt, ali got one but got clobbered

It's fun to generalize but can he at least make one example to support his claim?

orly? I would like the names of three Russian fighters who were earned a shot but were denied.

orly? I would like the names of three Russian fighters who were earned a shot but were denied.

Arlovski is Belarusian, but I believe the same logic applies in terms of eastern european fighters being shunned due to unmarketability. Then again JoJed is Polish and she's been given her dues.

I'm sure a title shot will be forthcoming for Fedor if he chooses to sign with the UFC.

lol well ... bad news for Fedor then

Says right in the OP he wants to remain active.

There is some truth to that. He did duck out of a fight with Tony Lopez due to "injury" yet ended up fighting an 0-0 fighter on a different show.

I would not say he is that active either and Glory doesn't have the money to book someone like him right now.

Says the guy that had one fight in 2015. and didn't get a title shot in M-1, where non-Russians are fighting for the title next month.

Fedor was to get an immediate title shot against Lesnar were he to sign at one point back when he was undefeated.

Back