Sergei Kharitonov KO's Tyson conquerer Danny Williams

sweetviolenturg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pride/Strikeforce/Bellator veteran Kharitonov made his pro boxing debut last night at 40 years of age by stopping 47-year-old former top contender Danny Williams in the second round. Kharitonov dropped Williams with a left hook in round one & then finished his British opponent with an array of heavy blows that wobbled Williams forcing the referee to stop the contest.

This was the latest in a series of losses for Williams who memorably knocked out Mike Tyson in four rounds back in 2004 & then challenged Vitali Klitschko for the WBC title in his next fight. Unfortunately, that was the apex of Williams' career & he soon fell on hard times going just 22-25 for the rest of his career. Suffering 15 knock out losses in the process.

Pride/Strikeforce/Bellator veteran Kharitonov made his pro boxing debut last night at 40 years of age by stopping 47-year-old former top contender Danny Williams in the second round. Kharitonov dropped Williams with a left hook in round one & then finished his British opponent with an array of heavy blows that wobbled Williams forcing the referee to stop the contest.

This was the latest in a series of losses for Williams who memorably knocked out Mike Tyson in four rounds back in 2004 & then challenged Vitali Klitschko for the WBC title in his next fight. Unfortunately, that was the apex of Williams' career & he soon fell on hard times going just 22-25 for the rest of his career. Suffering 15 knock out losses in the process.
Too bad Vitali couldn’t of got his hands on Tyson

man....did Williams quit to a bodyshot??

I had watched stuff called Danny Williams vs Briedis and even before this it looked for me joke.
Briedis before this in semi pro boxe had koed guy that climbed up enough to get fight with Kryklia, notable in europe pro KBer.
-'
Useless fight if honestly without pretending.
-
After this beatup, sorry....... later he somewhere took fights too, but looks he not enough fast, coordinated and fresh to fight.........

https://wiki2.org/en/Sergej_Maslobojev
-------------------------------------------
Maslobojev here had been KOed by Briedis in BB semi pro tournament ( these 3 rounders with pro rules ). No problems even for this guy to finish old Danny too.
---
Yeah, fights like these doesn't likes me not less than old Klitschkos or Povetkin defeats, the same essence btw.

Beautiful, even Micki Nielsen turned this version of Kharitonov into paraplegic in 1 single round.

Really sad to see Williams still boxing at near 50 years old despite being completely shot 10 years or so ago. I'm guessing Russia is the only place he can get a license these days. He was sat on his stool throughout the introductions, looked terrible in his body language and general appearance, and a stiff breeze could knock him over. Sergei went hard from the start but once he realized Danny had no punch resistance and could barely walk you could tell he wanted the ref to wave it off because he didn't want to hurt someone that shouldn't be in there. Sad.

God knows, where he now does have licence, but sorry, when he was scheduled to " fight " Briedis, I did not had watched this at all. All already was clear.
I had read result and later watched some part of this fight's record.
------
name in murcia&Co matters a lot and if noname automatically is a bum but I better watched guy that lost decision vs young Maslobojev in 5 rounds KB fight than old bag vs guy that had finished the same Maslobojev. Who had lost to famous KBer Kryklia and therefore maybe is automatically a bum.
Kryklia definitely had killed this old version in single round.

Last edited:
I will afford to compare real levels not mucian shaped namecalling.
How high might be nonames real level in real life.
Guy that had been KOed by Briedis guy ( for forums automatically "bum") had fight with enough number of guys in MMA and KB, OKey, he had lost to Kryklia (again automatically " bum" from boxing fans perspective, LOL).
OKey, the same guy that had been defeated by Kryklia in KB had defeated noname ( automatically must be bum LOL ) guy. Yes, he clearly won this fight.
This defeated guy's level in pure boxing was enough to get draw vs event's promoter's guy ( event's promoter = his manager ) ......Of course a bum..........YEAH............
LOL.
---------
Boxing orgs should suspend licences after the boxer had lost 10 fights in row, this might benefit the Craft a lot. Then later, to increase control about athletes records and last fights results too, I think.

Bouster's hands he did not respected.
Anyone from top 100-200 might turn a guy into morque client, no doubts.
-----
Another stuff is how they moves and their age/ agility etc. Biggest question is to land properly.

For street Danny might be still damn good, but vs younger and not too much used guy after decent pre fight camp= different world.

Bouster's hands he did not respected.
Anyone from top 100-200 might turn a guy into morque client, no doubts.
-----
Another stuff is how they moves and their age/ agility etc. Biggest question is to land properly.

wtf_talking_about_wolf_of_wallstreet.gif

Subriel can confirm. Lad even was not down in the fight, if I correctly remember.

Back