Sergei fought boxing recently

thoughtsone

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Interesting stuff.

47-year-old Mike Tyson-conqueror Danny Williams (54-29, 41 KOs) was defeated in two rounds by pro debuting MMA veteran Sergey Kharitonov, 40, in a heavyweight clash. Kharitonov dropped Williams in round one with a left hook. The bout was waved off in round two when Williams appeared wobbly for a moment. Time was 2:25.

https://fightnews.com/chudinov-retains-wba-gold/84545

Looked like a work TBH.
And I like Sergei.

Fight is on YT btw:

I wanna see Sergei back in MMA and train some grappling. Its crazy to think that if he would have stuck to his grappling early in his career he could be one of the greats today.

Looked like a work TBH.
And I like Sergei.

Fight is on YT btw:

Williams expressions said it all.

(That's him during the fighter introductions btw)

EhqiuZxXYAAmTAO

No protesting from Williams. Long live Sergei, well done. Hopefully back to Bellator in France?

i never expected to see sergei-danny
i wanted to see sergei-tim jhonson....

Looked like a work TBH.
And I like Sergei.

Fight is on YT btw:

Agreed. I think this is more like an exhibition - the prelude to the Mike Tyson and Roy Jones jr. fight - which will also be the same pile of crap (I doubt they'll agree on anyone getting KO'd in that scripted fight though).

Here - at least we saw Sergei still... moving a bit (he punches way harder in MMA fights where shit is not scripted). The other dude came to absorb mild punches and then pretend to be KO'd for a bit of cash.

I wanna see Sergei back in MMA and train some grappling. Its crazy to think that if he would have stuck to his grappling early in his career he could be one of the greats today.

I think at this point the injuries have added up and you won't be seeing Sergei doing a lot of grappling.

He is plodding and old now, and has been for a decade.

You could say that about SO MANY guys, esp HWs.
Most devolve into head hunters despite a grappling bckgrdn - Fedor, Page, Hendo etc

You could say that about SO MANY guys, esp HWs.
Most devolve into head hunters despite a grappling bckgrdn - Fedor, Page, Hendo etc
Sergei is differenty from them, all those guys fullfilled their potentials and were champions. Sergei seemed to have the potential to challenge the PRIDE HW belt back when PRIDE HW was filled with murderers. He was fast, had crisp striking, great grappling, and would transition from grappling to striking very impressively, he was the real deal. However, he was never the same after the injury in Overeem's fight. Even with his shitty grappling today, if you look at his resume, he has some of the biggest names in HW.

Danny Williams is still fighting? Damn I hadn't heard a peep from him in literally a decade.

Sergei Kharitonov (MMA) > Danny Williams > Mike Tyson > Larry Holmes > Muhammed Ali > Boxing

it is known.

<20>

Back