Serena Williams engaged to white man, social media reacts badly

Like I said, I'm sure not every shooting was justified. Some I'm sure were malicious or due to carelessness, and in those cases officers need to face some consequences.

Don't forget, however, that simply because someone is technically unarmed doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. Is a small female officer, for instance, free from danger if a much larger (but unarmed) male is bearing down on her?

I don't want to overly simplify the issue or act like there's not a lot of truth to what you say, because I'm certain that there is.

But let me ask you: DESPITE all of that, at what point is the black community supposed to take at least a little responsibility for their shitty attitudes and lack of giving a fuck?

I'm not talking in hypotheticals though. I'm talking about real cases where several adult male police officers have fired dozens of rounds at unarmed minority suspects. Sure there are possible what if scenarios we could debate, but in reality cops DO kill unarmed minority suspects and they DO NOT face consequences. If they DID go to jail for killing unarmed minorities then it wouldn't be an issue. The problem is the idea that killing minorities i typically a freebie.

As for your other point it's not about saying poor minorities they shouldn't have any responsibility for their actions. It's about acknowledging that environment is incredibly influential to development. And that the environment in many minority communities was purposely destroyed by systematic racism in previous generations.

That damage didn't magically just go away when we elected a black president. Sure people in those communities need to make changes, serious changes. But the typical attitude is they should just be on their own to make those changes because the problem is coming from their community. Well they did not MAKE their community into a shithole. they had quite a bit of help with that. The same way that a great amount of resources were put into destroying the black community, resources will have to be put into rebuilding it.

And not just the black community. Many poor hispanic and native american communities aren't doing so hot, and for the same reasons.

The fuck? The media photoshopped him to make him look white?

Yep it came out that they made his skin tone look lighter to play up the white vs black racial tensions. Martin was also 16 and a BIG 16 year old, but they showed facebook photos from when he was around 12 IIRC to play up the "he shot a defenseless child" angle.

Make no mistake the mainstream media isn't your friend, the only thing they care about is generating revenue. That's why the focus is ALWAYS on crime and racial tensions, no matter what the actual crime statistics are. That's also why many people have the erroneous idea that crime is increasing, when in fact it's been steadily declining since the 90's

The truth can't be used to scare the shit out of people and grab more views and sweet, sweet $$$$$

You mean the Zimmerman case where the media photoshopped pics of Zimmerman, a hispanic , to make him look caucasian? And they also showed pictures of Martin from several years prior, to make him look like a child instead of a nearly fully grown adult?

If you want to claim the media has no bias and doesn't try to inflame racial tensions for ca$h, the Trayvon Martin case is a horrible example.
I dont think you are following me. You said the media gives blacks a pass for black on other non white violence because there is no racial component. Now that I mention the zimmerman case, you say the media tries to enflame racial tensions. That doesnt add up.

The media didnt as far as I know photoshop zimmerman to make him appear white, and i followed the case when it happened.feel free to source that. What they did do was off the bat assume he was white because of his name and try to portray the case as a white on black hate crime. When it turned out he was hispanic, they called him a "white hispanic", even though he isnt one, because a latino on black hate crime is relevant racism to the media and to the national dialogue on race. We both agree that the media do not do the same in regards to black on other non white violence.

I dont think you are following me. You said the media gives blacks a pass for black on other non white violence because there is no racial component. Now that I mention the zimmerman case, you say the media tries to enflame racial tensions. That doesnt add up.

The media didnt as far as I know photoshop zimmerman to make him appear white, and i followed the case when it happened.feel free to source that. What they did do was off the bat assume he was white because of his name and try to portray the case as a white on black hate crime. When it turned out he was hispanic, they called him a white hispanic even though he isnt one, because a latino on black hate crime is relevant racism to the media and to the national dialogue on race. We both agree that the media do not do the same in regards to black on other non white violence.

No, what I said is the media isn't interested in people of the same race killing each other. Racial tension sells. Black on black or white on white crime doesn't get people scared, it doesn't sell.

The reason the media doesn't cover gang shootings in the hood that much is because it's often blacks shooting other blacks. can't use that to scare people about the possibility of race riots or a race war. It isn't something they can spin for bucks.

As you said yourself, they made every effort to turn the Zimmerman shooting into a white vs black issue because that's simply more profitable.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the liberal media trying to protect black gangbangers. If one of them shoots or otherwise harms a white person they would be all over it.

No, what I said is the media isn't interested in people of the same race killing each other. Racial tension sells. Black on black or white on white crime doesn't get people scared, it doesn't sell.

The reason the media doesn't cover gang shootings in the hood that much is because it's often blacks shooting other blacks. can't use that to scare people about the possibility of race riots or a race war. It isn't something they can spin for bucks.

As you said yourself, they made every effort to turn the Zimmerman shooting into a white vs black issue because that's simply more profitable.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the liberal media trying to protect black gangbangers. If one of them shoots or otherwise harms a white person they would be all over it.
Blacks and non whites arent the same race. Even though they did try to white face, zimmerman, they continued to pursue the racial angle when it was made clear he wasnt white. They were ok making the issue a latino on black race crime. They would not and do no do the same for black on other non white crimes.

Blacks and non whites arent the same race. Even though they did try to white face, zimmerman, they continued to pursue the racial angle when it was made clear he wasnt white. They were ok making the issue a latino on black race crime. They would not and do no do the same for black on other non white crimes.

No, they referred to him as a white hispanic and did everything possible to portray it as a white vs black issue.

Why? Because hispanic vs black doesn't generate as much interest.

Great points.

No, they referred to him as a white hispanic and did everything possible to portray it as a white vs black issue.

Why? Because hispanic vs black doesn't generate as much interest.
that was in the first weeks of the incident. People did notice GZ was as brown as a penny and still framed it as a race crime because the african american community demonstrated and deemed it as such. There were years of media coverage in which GZ was not identified explicitly as a white man, because anyone could see he wasnt one. The black victim of racism was what made that story.

If her social circle starts out with tennis people and then branching out as she got more and more famous as her rankings have climbed, she'd most likely know more white people than black. Tiger is Asian/Black mixed, but had a white wife because he is in a predominantly white sport, so his circle of friends naturally would be whiter. Won't be surprised if either would marry Asian if they were in Table Tennis (Ping Pong)

The internet is full of pond life scum and hateful people. Just be glad you're not one of them.

Never understood the hate for interracial relationships in this modern age. I'm a product of a Latino and a Asian, my girlfriend is Portuguese and Asian & no one looks at us weird or criticizes us. Maybe because I live in Hawaii but seeing interracial relationships is pretty common here. The only reason I can see people hating on Serena's relationship is they don't think the "white guy" sit alpha enough.

Back