Ser Arthur Dayne is the GOAT

The show never implies she's a top tier fighter. Her wins against Jaime and the Hound were due to favorable circumstances and Brienne herself would never consider herself superior to them. I don't think she's overpowered at all.

What the fuck are you watching?

She beats everyone she fights (except Arya, LOL) and her beating Sandor and especially Jaime regardless of the circumstances is being OP as fuck. Even in her fight with the Hound, it got into hand-to-hand combat, and she still somehow ended up winning.

What the fuck are you watching?

She beats everyone she fights (except Arya, LOL) and her beating Sandor and especially Jaime regardless of the circumstances is being OP as fuck. Even in her fight with the Hound, it got into hand-to-hand combat, and she still somehow ended up winning.
it was a weakened Hound and a shackled Jaimie. Those wins are exhibition matches and don't count towards her professional record. Based on her previous performances, I would rank her slightly under Jorah (current Jorah, not prime) or maybe even tied. An above average knight, but wouldnt qualify for any high level tournament.

The show never implies she's a top tier fighter. Her wins against Jaime and the Hound were due to favorable circumstances and Brienne herself would never consider herself superior to them. I don't think she's overpowered at all.

Arya, "It's been a while since I've trained".

Brienne, "I can go and find the Master of Arms for you, my lady".

Arya, "He didn't beat the Hound. You did. I want to train with you".

The show is going out if it's way to make Brienne of fucking Tarth into a GOAT level fighter.

Last edited:
Arya, "It's been a long time since I've trained".

Brienne, "I'll fetch the Master at Arms for you, my lady".

Arya, "He didn't beat the Hound".

The show is going out if it's way to make Brienne of fucking Tarth into a GOAT level fighter.
he was recovering from a near fatal fight at the inn. In the books, he was near death with a festering infection on his neck. The show failed to capture the severity of this, but his weakened fighting ability should allude to it.

Not a legit W for Brienne.

he was recovering from a near fatal fight at the inn. In the books, he was near death with a festering infection on his neck. The show failed to capture the severity of this, but his weakened fighting ability should allude to it.

Not a legit W for Brienne.

Agreed, but everyone else in the show seems to treat her as the Fedor of Westeros.

I'd like to see her try to fight the Frankenmountain...<CerseiPlotting>

it was a weakened Hound and a shackled Jaimie. Those wins are exhibition matches and don't count towards her professional record. Based on her previous performances, I would rank her slightly under Jorah (current Jorah, not prime) or maybe even tied. An above average knight, but wouldnt qualify for any high level tournament.

And in the book she didn't beat a shackled POW Jaime. Therefore the way it went down in the show is making her a better fighter, and the definition of making her OP.

Not as OP as Bronn, though.

i am shocked at reading people saying jon snow is a great swordsman.
He is pretty good. He has improved a lot over the course of he show. He isn’t upper tier yet but a few more years at this rate and he will be. Right now I would put him up with prime Ned Stark, but below people like Loras, Brienne, and do on.

And in the book she didn't beat a shackled POW Jaime. Therefore the way it went down in the show is making her a better fighter, and the definition of making her OP.

Who has Bronn beat in single combat besides his first dual. Bronn is awesome, but he has won via being smarter, like when he took on that Dothraki he didn’t even try single combat, just laid a trap for him.

Ser Bronn of the fookin' Blackwater. The man's an anointed Knight <StannisFrown>

Sucks that Dayne got snuck by some manlet frog eater

Who has Bronn beat in single combat besides his first dual. Bronn is awesome, but he has won via being smarter, like when he took on that Dothraki he didn’t even try single combat, just laid a trap for him.

Not only referring to his fighting ability, he's a minor character who's been elevated into this sort of genius who's seemingly good at everything.

On second thought, neither Bronn or Brienne are as OP as Ramsay was.

Ok it seems like some of the contenders are:

Dayne with no interference
Full training camp Jaime
Healthy Hound
Brie under the right circumstance
Motivated Baratheon
Prime Selmy

Who else?...someone needs to have that look in his eye, and did they have TRT back then haha...

Ok it seems like some of the contenders are:

Dayne with no interference
Full training camp Jaime
Healthy Hound
Brie under the right circumstance
Motivated Baratheon
Prime Selmy

Who else?...someone needs to have that look in his eye, and did they have TRT back then haha...
wish they kept Belwas for the show. He's my contender for GOAT fighter.
Strong_Belwas.jpg

Just having him for those boringass Meereen scenes would have made it entertaining. Look how naturally he fits in here:
arUBnqa.png

Anyone else remember the very in depth tournament bracket we had for GoT fighters a few years back? Good times. I think it got lost with the forum change unfortunately.

EDIT - Found it, this was the result
UDCg5hG.jpg
Yup Selmy takes this unless we let Cregan Stark from the books in.

"Oh, there, he's Cregan Stark. He fought with Prince Aemon once, and the Dragonknight said he'd never faced a finer swordsman."[11]

Bran Stark in the crypts of Winterfell

upload_2019-4-17_17-38-14.jpeg

Not sure why we debate who's best...

The creator of the GoT universe said Dayne w/Dawn is #1

Dayne w/o Dawn draws with Barry the Badass.

#3 and on is up for debate though...

i am shocked at reading people saying jon snow is a great swordsman.
In the show at this point he easily is, kinda like back the Ned got the power-up

For both is hint they could have been great tournament fighters but are humble and don't like play knighty games

Btw lol at anybody saying the show did'nt op Brienne to suck the clit at female audience

anyone have a theory on who this character was supposed to be? (timestamped)

I always imagine Strone Belwas as a less flabby Abdullah the Butcher

Back