Ser Arthur Dayne is the GOAT

I think the idea of showing Dayne duel wielding was to make it apparent that he was the best ever, in the easiest way possible. The most obvious way was that, which is kinda silly.

Wonder if Dawn would explode White Walkers like Valyrian Steel does?

Also...about the Smiling Knight...

Fawkin' badass how Dayne unswords him, lets him get another, and then slays his ass to keep it honorable up in there.

I don’t think Jaime ever loses im the cannon of the books until Brie punks him after he was severely malnourished. And in the books she comments that even then she could barely beat him.

I love me some Brienne of Tarth but the show really went out of their way to make her the most badass swordsman (swordswoman) on the show.

Jaime is arguably one of the best swordsman in the world and in the books gave Brienne all she could handle despite being chained up and way out of shape. On the show she barely works a sweat when they cross swords. Then she beats the freaking Hound, too? True he wasn't a 100 percent but still. Although, the fight between the two of them was pretty epic so I'll let it slide.

he was an overrated can fighting in a weak divisional realm.

I think the idea of showing Dayne duel wielding was to make it apparent that he was the best ever, in the easiest way possible. The most obvious way was that, which is kinda silly.

it’s nice to know D&D thinks their audience is a bunch of drooling morons.

I wonder where Darrio fits into all of this...

you should read book that aren't fantasy novel,
you know, to learn stuff and shit....
now now lets not be dismissive....there can be stuff learned from both fiction and non fiction writings, some non-fiction is also ...fiction

Karl Tanner has a DQ win over Jon Snow due to fan interference.

The Smiling Knight was past his prime. Very similar to Alves vs. Hughes.

I love me some Brienne of Tarth but the show really went out of their way to make her the most badass swordsman (swordswoman) on the show.

Jaime is arguably one of the best swordsman in the world and in the books gave Brienne all she could handle despite being chained up and way out of shape. On the show she barely works a sweat when they cross swords. Then she beats the freaking Hound, too? True he wasn't a 100 percent but still. Although, the fight between the two of them was pretty epic so I'll let it slide.
The show never implies she's a top tier fighter. Her wins against Jaime and the Hound were due to favorable circumstances and Brienne herself would never consider herself superior to them. I don't think she's overpowered at all.

Anyone else remember the very in depth tournament bracket we had for GoT fighters a few years back? Good times. I think it got lost with the forum change unfortunately.

EDIT - Found it, this was the result
UDCg5hG.jpg
I think that Robert Baratheon is overrated as fuck! Jaqen and Syrio wreck him.

he was an overrated can fighting in a weak divisional realm.
lol this was the strongest division Westeros has ever seen. Healthy Selmy, Young Robert and Ned, Jaime in his prime, Rhaegar and Arthur. This was the Pride HW division. Compare that to today: an army of eunechs and unarmored horsemen, a gimped Hound and Jaime, a 7 foot tall chick, and a bunch of undisciplined wildlings. The nonmagical combatants are all cans.

She was the Ronda "under the right circumstances" Rousey of GoT.

I would have liked it better had Dayne started off with just Dawn and disarming and taking one of Neds men’s swords and dual wielded from there.

I think that Robert Baratheon is overrated as fuck! Jaqen and Syrio wreck him.
Roberts rebellion Robert was supposed to be one of the baddest guys alive. He was physical specimen before he became a fat drunk. He also beat Rhaegar who was supposed to be a pretty damn skilled knight himself(although it was in water where Rhaegar wouldn’t have mobility vs a tank in Robert)

Show Jon Snow vs books Rhaegar would have been a good fight. Show Jon came into his prime and is pretty good. But Rhaegar injured prime Robert, which I don't think Jon could do.

i am shocked at reading people saying jon snow is a great swordsman.

Back