September 28th PBC PPV Errol Spence jr vs Shawn Porter

Bold prediction. I don't agree, but it would also spice things up even more, and got nothing against it. I think it should be a great fight all around. Both like to inside fight, and I feel Spence is strong enough to not let Porter have his way with the clinch and lunging in tactics.

I expect Spence to let him come in, then create some distance by shoving him back, and counter.
perhaps he's strong enough, Porter has been teetering on being too big for 147 for a while now. If he loses this fight I see him moving up to 154.

Porter is gutsy, but I favour Spence. Spence has too few fights and has not fought enough A sides for already being an American, Olympian 28 year old. He needs them big fights sooner rather than later. Ray Leonard already retired and unretired four times by this age.

perhaps he's strong enough, Porter has been teetering on being too big for 147 for a while now. If he loses this fight I see him moving up to 154.

true, but Spence is a couple inches taller than Thurman and Porter, who are thicker, so he will have a leverage advantage, in addition to also being a big weight cutter himself.

Garcia is a little taller than Porter and Thurman, but he also fought at 140, and is less muscular than all 3.

I think it will be close tho, thus thinking it will be a great fight. I was more implying I think they will want to play into each others game, rather than negate and make it boring. If that makes sense lol. Just some styles play out boring, some exciting, I think this is the makings for exciting.

Bold prediction. I don't agree, but it would also spice things up even more, and got nothing against it. I think it should be a great fight all around. Both like to inside fight, and I feel Spence is strong enough to not let Porter have his way with the clinch and lunging in tactics.

I expect Spence to let him come in, then create some distance by shoving him back, and counter.
Spence is not strong enough to keep porter off him, is not equipped to deal with the headbutts and lunging attacks. Totally different fight then anything spence has faced. He likes to be the bully in there

He wont be here

I think he gets fucked up

Spence is not strong enough to keep porter off him, is not equipped to deal with the headbutts and lunging attacks. Totally different fight then anything spence has faced. He likes to be the bully in there

He wont be here

That would certainly make things interesting! Do you think TC would have the same problem vs Porter? And how do you see TC vs Spence?

I think Spence might actually have a weak chin. I dont like the way he reacted when Mikey Garcia caught him off guard with a solid punch its like he got scared and then fought super careful with the basic stance but with more reflexes. He could have got his bell rung in sparring and it made him cautious against tiny bloated Mikey Garcia.

I wanna really see someone test his chin, Guys like Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter, Kell Brook , Terence Crawford have all had their chins tested and still stood up or weathered the storm

Spence is so much bigger and longer but he hasnt really been tested with flush clean shots before

I would like to see if he can take a punch or multiple power shots to see how he stands

He wont be here

Spence is going to beat the living shit out of Porter.

He wont be here

Seriously? He'll tear Porter up on the inside. He was clearly stronger than Kell Brook and Brook had little trouble with Porter's physicality.

Seriously? He'll tear Porter up on the inside. He was clearly stronger than Kell Brook and Brook had little trouble with Porter's physicality.
Brook also fought a totally different fight than what spence will bring in there

spence will be there all night long to be hit.

I think this fight is gonna suprise you guys

Brook also fought a totally different fight than what spence will bring in there

spence will be there all night long to be hit.

I think this fight is gonna suprise you guys

So you see Porter beating Spence up on the inside while somehow not getting hit much himself?

I think Spence might actually have a weak chin. I dont like the way he reacted when Mikey Garcia caught him off guard with a solid punch its like he got scared and then fought super careful with the basic stance but with more reflexes. He could have got his bell rung in sparring and it made him cautious against tiny bloated Mikey Garcia.

I wanna really see someone test his chin, Guys like Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter, Kell Brook , Terence Crawford have all had their chins tested and still stood up or weathered the storm

Spence is so much bigger and longer but he hasnt really been tested with flush clean shots before

I would like to see if he can take a punch or multiple power shots to see how he stands

I forgot who it was against but Spence has been hurt or stunned before at least once.

He wont be here

Really? Spence is more than equipped to deal with anything porter has in his arsenal, especially his inside game which is very sloppy at times. Porter won't dare to fight inside with Spence for any serious amount of time or he's going to get chewed up very fast. He'll box on his back foot as much as possible to avoid getting hurt and try to score here and there, but he'll eventually get walked into to many shots and will get stopped. Horrible match up for Porter, and frankly he's just not good enough.

Really? Spence is more than equipped to deal with anything porter has in his arsenal, especially his inside game which is very sloppy at times. Porter won't dare to fight inside with Spence for any serious amount of time or he's going to get chewed up very fast. He'll box on his back foot as much as possible to avoid getting hurt and try to score here and there, but he'll eventually get walked into to many shots and will get stopped. Horrible match up for Porter, and frankly he's just not good enough.
we shall see

I forgot who it was against but Spence has been hurt or stunned before at least once.
yeah I remember it he was barely touched and he wobbled a bit. Im starting to think that is probably his biggest flaw, his main weakness. All the young guns at welterweight have all had their chins tested except for Spence
Crawford had that all out war with Gamboa he was hurt several times but recovered, he said it was a weight drain issue which happens a lot look at Cotto he was getting rocked at 140 but at 147 he was taking solid shots it took punishment to put him down.

Shawn Porter, Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia all had their chins hit flush with power shots and weathered it.

Id love to see how Spence deals with adversity.

Even on his best day this seems like an almost unwinnable fight for Porter in my eyes. I'm intesrted in seeing if Errol stops him.

I think you made this same comment when I said Fury would school Wilder

He didn't though. No question he outboxed him but let's not pretend that he wasn't out cold for at least 3 seconds. Most refs wave that fight off (like they did with Danny against Pirog and he got up quicker). You could argue that it was also an 11 second count (it was).

I didn't bitch about that and I won't bitch about the Fury fight. Props to him. I'd rather it be decided like that. Cool. Let's not pretend that two knockdowns aren't 4 points. Even if you only want to give Deontay another round that's 5 points. Hardly schooled.

Hopefully we will see the it again though. Porter can't hurt E. That's your problem here

Back