September 28th PBC PPV Errol Spence jr vs Shawn Porter

Sure, except Mayweather and Pacquiao were both legit superstars; neither Crawford, nor Spence have such presence.

This does not mean I don't want the fight to happen, only that it might do so when pigs fly.

Yeah, that's the point. The top WWs were fairly equally spread between promotions and both Mayweather and Pacquiao could make big money without fighting each other. In this instance, the majority of top WWs are with Haymon at the moment, and neither Crawford nor Spence are big enough stars to fight lesser names and make big money. Crawford really doesn't have a lot of guys to fight after Khan. This could have the effect of bringing them all to the table.

Yeah, that's the point. The top WWs were fairly equally spread between divisions and both Mayweather and Pacquiao could make big money without fighting each other. In this instance, the majority of top WWs are with Haymon at the moment, and neither Crawford nor Spence are big enough stars to fight lesser names and make big money. Crawford really doesn't have a lot of guys to fight after Khan. This could have the effect of bringing them all to the table.

As I said: it would be nice, but I remain understandably with my breath held.

Yeah, that's the point. The top WWs were fairly equally spread between promotions and both Mayweather and Pacquiao could make big money without fighting each other. In this instance, the majority of top WWs are with Haymon at the moment, and neither Crawford nor Spence are big enough stars to fight lesser names and make big money. Crawford really doesn't have a lot of guys to fight after Khan. This could have the effect of bringing them all to the table.
Isn’t Crawford getting minimum $3 million a fight to face the guys he is? He can do that for a long time and never have to worry about fighting Spence. My gut feeling is we don’t see that fight.

Isn’t Crawford getting minimum $3 million a fight to face the guys he is? He can do that for a long time and never have to worry about fighting Spence. My gut feeling is we don’t see that fight.

Is $3 million that appealing when something like 15, 20, or maybe even more could be on the table for a Spence fight? I'm not all that confident that we'll see it, but the conditions here are better than they have been in other situations.

Is $3 million that appealing when something like 15, 20, or maybe even more could be on the table for a Spence fight? I'm not all that confident that we'll see it, but the conditions here are better than they have been in other situations.
I don’t know, those figures seem high. Neither of these guys is a Ray Leonard or De La Hoya in terms of popularity so I couldn’t see them getting 20 or even 15 each. Splitting 15 or 20 maybe. But who knows, ridiculous money is being thrown around these days.

I don’t know, those figures seem high. Neither of these guys is a Ray Leonard or De La Hoya in terms of popularity so I couldn’t see them getting 20 or even 15 each. Splitting 15 or 20 maybe. But who knows, ridiculous money is being thrown around these days.

Word is the Spence got almost 400K buys against Garcia. Spence/Crawford approaching 1 million with the right hype isn't necessarily insane. 1 million buys at $75. About 55-60% of that is kept as revenue for the promoters to allocate, so there is around 40 million there to split. Add in around $10-15 million for gate, maybe $10 million for a site fee, and likely a few more million for foreign rights and advertisers. Promoters get their cut, but assuming it sold 1 million and did around $10-15 in gate, there would be more than $40 million to split between them. They're going to have more than $15-20 million to split between them if they do ever fight.

Porter's gonna be there to get hit - he might be tougher than Garcia but his defense doesn't stack up so well.

It will be interesting to see the wrestling match that happens on the inside for a while, but Spence has shown that he can keep working even when he's being held. He doesn't accept the clinch at all. Brook was trying to hold on for dear life and Spence was regularly getting his hands free and letting them go.

There were many times in that fight where Spence was being held and pushed down so far he was actually reaching UP to hit Kell in the body, lol. Still looked like it hurt, too. Guy is a fucking dog.

I know everyone wants Crawford but I can't see any way that happens while Arum is still alive.

I know everyone wants Crawford but I can't see any way that happens while Arum is still alive.

Well, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Errol may be the one to crack this chin when Porter walks into a punch.

I would be excited but its hard when there is a clear fight everyone wants to see;

Lomachenko / Garcia

Spence / Crawford

AJ / Wilder / Fury

..... can't really get too excited for any other fights involving these fighters. Unless maybe Crawford fought Pac but only because he is the last ATG still in the mix of the old era.

There was a thread which made the argument of Canelo being p4p #1 as he is the only one to have fought and beat (technically) his main rival, which I debated at the time. However if these fights don't get made next I'm going to have to chance my opinion as you can't be p4p #1 without even proving to be the best in your division.

In a perfect world Ugas vs Porter rematch was supposed to happen.

But with )Spence vs Porter) Thurman vs Pac-Man looking more than likely. I can see Ugas vs Lipinets or Ugas vs Broner next.

I think the Spence/Porter and Thurman/Pac fights could lead to Thurman vs Spence if they both win.

This is a good fight though, Porter will be a good test for Spence either or if it sets him up for a fight against Thurman. By that time Thurman should be fully recovered from his elbow surgery.

I prefer Spence and Crawford clean up Porter and Thurman before fighting eachother.

Back