Rumored Sept/Oct Bivol vs Buatsi DAZN

I definitely like the first part of that but not the second. Reason being is that Ramirez has already won not one but two WBA title eliminators. He shouldn't have to face their #2 challenger in Buatsi since he's already cemented the top spot with that particular sanctioning body. He's Bivol's mandatory it's just that he hasn't been called (ordered) yet.
Ramirez definitely needs a big fight and would be a good opponent for either Bivol if Beterbiev but if those two were to actually be fighting by the end of the year then I personally wouldn't want him just to wait around. And he doesn't have much buzz considering his record. It could be good for him.

Ramirez definitely needs a big fight and would be a good opponent for either Bivol if Beterbiev but if those two were to actually be fighting by the end of the year then I personally wouldn't want him just to wait around. And he doesn't have much buzz considering his record. It could be good for him.
Ramirez shouldn't wait around. I'm just saying that fighting Buatsi wouldn't be a good move. He should pick someone lower ranked and less risk to use as a stay busy fight. Ramirez is the WBA's official challenger (mandatory) so he already earned his privileged position. Buatsi is currently their #2 challenger according to the ratings. Ramirez should shoot for someone at the bottom of the WBA's Top 15 like Robin Krasniqi.

Last edited:

Buatsi’s managements confirms the fight

Why not, I guess?

I really hope Bivol can try for a finish here. He rarely steps out of third gear.

@Cariñito Bivol can't duck Zurdo any longer. The WBA has spoken and officially ordered them to fight next. They'll have 30 days to reach an agreement by August 10th or it will go to purse bid. There's no more hiding! What round does Zurdo KO him? Personally, I'm thinking he gets it done early. /s
4ADACE7D-D5E3-4394-8E7E-6CB94B20555A-scaled.jpeg

WBA Championships Committee orders Bivol-Ramirez

Apparently plans cant be broken

Easy work for Bivol most likely.

I got eyes on Bivol now after that masterful performance he put on against Canelo despite him being a +400 underdog (and because that Canelo KO of Kovalev put every single boxing fanatics on notice), and he actually won that fight instead of getting turned into a spilled tomato can.

So it won't even be a local UK fight, so even less reason for the duck now. Shameful.

So it won't even be a local UK fight, so even less reason for the duck now. Shameful.
You're beyond delusional. Has Bivol signed to fight Buatsi? No. There's speculation that they could fight by the end of the year. When Boxing Social reached out to Hearn for comment he said: “Nothing agreed or close.”
Dmitry Bivol-Joshua Buatsi Set For Abu Dhabi? Eddie Hearn Responds To Speculation

If they did file an exemption and that fight happens next because the WBA approved it then it's not a duck. The same organization that ordered Bivol to fight Zurdo can delay it a few months. As long as Bivol fights Zurdo immediately after then that's fine by the WBA and by most people.

To prove just how pathetic your logic is though it would mean that any alphabet champion that's ever been granted an exemption to fight some other contender first has ducked their mandatory and every fighter that's ever paid their mandatory step-aside money is also a duck. You can't even make this stuff up, folks.

Last edited:
To prove just how pathetic your logic is though it would mean that any alphabet champion that's ever been granted an exemption to fight some other contender first has ducked their mandatory and every fighter that's ever paid their mandatory step-aside money is also a duck. You can't even make this stuff up, folks.

If they filed for an exemption to fighter a weaker opponent then yes its a duck. What else would you call it?

If they filed for an exemption to fighter a weaker opponent then yes its a duck. What else would you call it?
If they filed for an exemption? So, you don't even know if they did or not lol. It gets better though. Not only do you not know if they filed you don't even know if the WBA will grant the exemption. Wait, it still gets better. Not only that, Bivol still hasn't signed to fight Buatsi per Hearn's words yesterday. And here you are already calling it a "duck." Don't reproduce.

Back