Rumored Sept/Oct Bivol vs Buatsi DAZN

I want to see Bivol vs Biev too but I’m not dying for it, I don’t think it’s that hard of a fight for Bivol to win. I’m not even 100% Biev comes out of the Smith fight looking like the monster we are used to, he may come out looking very vulnerable, who knows.

The zurdo fight would be fun just to see Zurdo get dominated for 12 rounds after talking so much shit about how he is avoided by Bivol. Zurdo is good and all but I just don’t see it as a good fight.

Anyway anything is more interesting than Buatsi, that’s fight is not a good call at all but it’s Eddie, he wants his boys there.

It’s just their personalities & cultural background, they’re very understated and probably take direct confrontation and direct public challenges as disrespectful. Also I think they’re more likely to operate by consensus with their advisors rather than take control. It’s not ideal but it’s not because they’re avoiding each other imo. Different mentality.

I agree. We've seen it in MMA... Eastern block fighters usually don't operate like that. Don't expect a eastern block version of Conor McGregor to pop up any time soon.

Eddie Hearn doesn't want to put the rematch vs. Canelo in jeopardy.

I know your not joking

Bivol would school the hell out of Zurdo
He would be made to look about as clueless as Smith did against Bivol. The only difference is Smith actually managed to buzz him. I don't see Zurdo being able to claim such a moral victory. He's easily one of the most overrated fighters around today. This is the same guy that ducked the WBSS SMW tournament. He can wait in line and continue to talk a big game until the WBA orders Bivol to fight him.

Last edited:
He would be made to look about as clueless as Smith did against Bivol. The only difference is Smith actually managed to buzz him. I don't see Zurdo being able to claim such a moral victory. He's easily one of the most overrated fighters around today. This is the same guy that ducked the WBSS SMW tournament. He can wait in line and continue to talk a big game until the WBA orders Bivol to fight him.

But Zurdo is Mexican, so he's just better than Bivol by default.

Yet to see either of them chomping at the bit for the other like they should be
but they're not really talkers, are they? i can't recall either one talking themselves into a fight, ever.

beterbiev isn't ducking anyone, the man is a walking whirlwind of violence. between him retiring a prime gvozdyk, a 100% KO ratio, the horror stories of his sparring sessions... i think it's safe to say he's being avoided, not avoiding.

as for bivol, i can't imagine anyone ever intimidating him, either. he just fought canelo and calmly kicked his ass, for fuck's sake.

if there ever was a pair of fighters i was confident were not trying to avoid each other, it's these two.

but they're not really talkers, are they? i can't recall either one talking themselves into a fight, ever.

This was evident after Biev beat Browne.

After the fight the interviewer asks Biev "So what's next for you?"

Biev replies "Sleep".

I don't think Beterbiev and Bivol are ducking each other per se. Especially since both are Eastern Bloc fighters. However, I do believe that they've been advised to not pursue one another until they've rounded up all the titles. After Beterbiev beats Smith that'll be the case. Then they'll have no choice but to fight each other for one of them to reach their shared goal of becoming undisputed. Since both are comrades I'm sure there's nationalistic politics involved similar to Canelo strongly preferring not to fight other Mexicans.

Last edited:
This was evident after Biev beat Browne.

After the fight the interviewer asks Biev "So what's next for you?"

Biev replies "Sleep".
yup.

i don't recall it verbatim, but it reminds me of mark hunt after one of his crazy uppercut walk-off KOs. the interviewer is going nuts "that was a spectacular KO yada yada yada" and mark just goes "yeah."

Buatsi gets schooled by Bivol - plenty of domestic level competition for him to test himself on at this point (Yarde, Smith, Johnson...)

It’s just their personalities & cultural background, they’re very understated and probably take direct confrontation and direct public challenges as disrespectful. Also I think they’re more likely to operate by consensus with their advisors rather than take control. It’s not ideal but it’s not because they’re avoiding each other imo. Different mentality.
Nah. Im not expecting them to come out acting like Floyd, but they absolutely should be chasing all the straps.

If I had to guess, theyll both fuck about and wait on a second Canelo payday, or a chance at a Canelo pay day for Biev.

beterbiev isn't ducking anyone, the man is a walking whirlwind of violence. between him retiring a prime gvozdyk, a 100% KO ratio, the horror stories of his sparring sessions... i think it's safe to say he's being avoided, not avoiding.

as for bivol, i can't imagine anyone ever intimidating him, either. he just fought canelo and calmly kicked his ass, for fuck's sake.

if there ever was a pair of fighters i was confident were not trying to avoid each other, it's these two.
And yet theyre the only two top fighters in their division that get a pass for not fighting one another. For years now.

Canelo got more shit for not having fought them than they get for not fighting each other lol. Its comical.

And yet theyre the only two top fighters in their division that get a pass for not fighting one another. For years now.

Canelo got more shit for not having fought them than they get for not fighting each other lol. Its comical.
i'm fairly sure they will once they hold all the belts, which is when beterbiev knocks smith out.

unless smith lands big on him instead and ruins it for everyone.

Biev and Bivol are both on record saying they want all the straps, and they've both said fighting each other is the priority over Canelo. I get it, it's frustrating that the best aren't fighting the best, and sometimes fighters actively duck other fighters, but that's simply not the case here. There are other reasons it's not happening, but not because they don't want it.

Buatsi gets schooled by Bivol - plenty of domestic level competition for him to test himself on at this point (Yarde, Smith, Johnson...)

I’d rather see all of those fights over bivol! Especially smith vs buatsi & yarde vs Johnson. And I’d say buatsi and smith are 2 of the best in the division. The problem is everyone is a step below bivol and beterbiev

I’d rather see all of those fights over bivol! Especially smith vs buatsi & yarde vs Johnson. And I’d say buatsi and smith are 2 of the best in the division. The problem is everyone is a step below bivol and beterbiev

The problem is they won’t fight each other for fear of losing. Not that it would matter. Could be the opposite if they put on a good show. A UK round robin of those 4 would be great.

Ideally we would get Beterbiev vs Bivol next and Ramirez vs Buatsi to see who fights the winner.

Ideally we would get Beterbiev vs Bivol next and Ramirez vs Buatsi to see who fights the winner.
I definitely like the first part of that but not the second. Reason being is that Ramirez has already won not one but two WBA title eliminators. He shouldn't have to face their #2 challenger in Buatsi since he's already cemented the top spot with that particular sanctioning body. He's Bivol's mandatory it's just that he hasn't been called (ordered) yet.

Back