Sept.26th Jermall Charlo vs Derevyachenko & Charlo vs Rosario PBC Showtime PPV

I think PPV should be reserved for super fights. Not just any old title fight with a semi recognizable name.
only reason PBC are doing PPVs now is because DAZN threw so much cash around PBC had to up the purses to keep their fighters, PPV is the only way to do that

Wilder/Ortiz 2 wasnt a PPV fight at all on paper - but it had to be so they could pay Wilder more than DAZN were offering him

Last edited:
only reason PBC are doing PPVs now is because DAZN threw so much cash around PBC had to up the purses to keep their fighters, PPV is the only way to do that

Wilder/Ortiz 2 wasnt a PPV fight at all on paper - but it had to be so they could pay Wilder more than DAZN were offering him
Was Wilder/Ortiz 2 profitable? Any idea what the break even point is for the event on the 26th?

Was Wilder/Ortiz 2 profitable? Any idea what the break even point is for the event on the 26th?
no, it lost Fox a tonne of money because they had to pay Wilder like 20 million and Ortiz over 5 million guaranteed

no, it lost Fox a tonne of money because they had to pay Wilder like 20 million and Ortiz over 5 million guaranteed
As a fan this sort of thing is distressing because networks like Fox, Showtime, ESPN, etc. aren’t in the boxing business to lose a bundle.

then don't pay for it!

also, that's just been disproven throughout history. GGG/Brook wasn't a superfight. Canelo/Khan wasn't a superfight. But both were PPV fights.
PPV fights should be strictly based on draw.

Crawford vs Indongo was a good match up but I didnt think it was a PPV fight. Neither did the general public at 50k buys

Personally i would pay money to watch Inoue vs Rigo/Nery but we all know its not a "PPV fight"

PPV fights should be strictly based on draw.

Crawford vs Indongo was a good match up but I didnt think it was a PPV fight. Neither did the general public at 50k buys

Personally i would pay money to watch Inoue vs Rigo/Nery but we all know its not a "PPV fight"
Crawford/Indongo wasn’t a PPV though.

$75? Come on.... only way to justify that price is to schedule Mall vs Mell.

79.95 for this? lol

Yeah no thanks. I wouldn't mind ppv but thats too high. Floyd and Manny did this. God damn those successful bastards. They did this with their sweet ass boxing and business moves. We could only be so lucky to see a fight that shifts so much money again.

Yeah no thanks. I wouldn't mind ppv but thats too high. Floyd and Manny did this. God damn those successful bastards. They did this with their sweet ass boxing and business moves. We could only be so lucky to see a fight that shifts so much money again.
I'd pay maybe 29.95 for it. 80 bucks is retarded money for this.

On the plus side the likely embarrassingly low numbers might lead to a reality check and we will see fewer cards on PPV, except those that really belong there.

I didn't know that this card was $75.

What the fuck man?

I guess they're charging a premium for that Luke Thomas Showtime PPV debut.

<{clintugh}>

Old man voice:

Dammit, in 1991 I bought a PPV for about $30 promoted by Don King. Headline fight was Tyson-Ruddock 1. This was a hard hitting affair that had title shot implications with an exciting but controversial ending.

On the undercard, more great fights.

Maurice Blocker and Simon Brown (good friends) had an absolute war for 10 rounds.

Julio Ceasar Chavez, near or at his peak, defended his titles by beating down John Duplesis in 4.

And as a bonus, Roberto Duran also fought some stiff I can't recall.

Now that's value!
/ old man rant.

I like the Charlos, super fun to watch and talented. But man...

<puh-lease75>

Devils Advocate: 30 years ago, a guy in your professional situation would’ve probably been making less than a third of his salary today too.

It's 2020 guys, an average UFC PPV with meaningles main events will cost you 65 bucks.

I think people are not understanding that this is 2 full cards featuring 2 50/50 legit title fights with guys that (whether you like to admit it or not) are due for a breakthrough in popularity. From a pure matchup perspective these are huge fights. Both of these fights are going to provide absolute clarity in two deep divisions.

I don't see anything wrong with the price when you compare it with what else is going around with PPV.

So with all things considered, what price do you expect?

It's 2020 guys, an average UFC PPV costs 65 bucks.

I think people are not understanding that this is 2 full cards featuring 2 50/50 legit title fights with guys that (whether you like to admit it or not) are due for a breakthrough in popularity. From a pure matchup perspective these are huge fights.

I don't see anything wrong with the price when you compare it with what else is going around with PPV.

What price do you expect?
shrug. i get it but reality is both charlos have a long way to go before they are ppv draws

its a really good card

but it’s definitely quite a stretch for 70 bucks without a bigger name on it

like if you in a parallel universe were able to stick canelo, fury, wilder, aj, or even the spence garcia fight on it

i think you’d be able to sell it worlds easier

Back