Sept.24 Carlo Perdersoli vs Bozinyan Bellator Milan

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by MMALOPEZ, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Pepy I have made a huge mistake

my friend is 8-0 at bantamweight/featherweight all wins by stoppage

Bellator refused to sign him even after he was recommended by a world class coach<45>

I have no idea what is wrong with them

2. GueseGuy Brown Belt

Where is your friend from? Bellator really only has interest in fighters in countries they hold events in

3. careto Purple Belt

The UFC has also signed its fair share of bums, both promotions make some very questionable signings. Fighter signing in the UFC and Bellator is a lot of politics and public relations behind it.

4. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

This dude is mainly being signed to make Pedersoli look good on Italian soil, let's be honest.

5. Pepy I have made a huge mistake

Serbia

I was on a Bellator event in Budapest but there were fighters from Romania and Bulgaria , however Bellator never held an event there so that might not be an only factor

6. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

Mukhamed berkhamov 14-1 vs John palaiogos 18-9 added not vs Pascu

7. careto Purple Belt

How official is the Berkhamov signing? This is a fairly interesting signing by Bellator and I havent seen them release any info on it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  8. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

Apparently is a done deal. I expect some announcements on the double header weekend

careto likes this.
  9. Feniamin Brown Belt

Berkhamov told Russian media at August 24th that he signed 4 fights deal and is fighting Pascu at September 26th in Milan. Source https://tass.ru/sport/9279383

careto likes this.
  10. Feniamin Brown Belt

If you are interested https://www.sport-express.ru/martia...yta-vzyat-v-ufc-hamzina-i-lavrenteva-1634015/ short interview from January, where Yan says that every fighter that fights for the belt in UFC signs 1-2 of his friends and it's normal practice and he wants few of his guys to fight on the same card as him or later. Interviewer asks him to name first 2 from Yan's list and Yan says Ilyas Khamzin and Denis Lavrentyev.

europe1 likes this.
  11. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

12. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

13. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

14. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

15. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

16. Yrat Purple Belt

The difference is between Bellator and UFC about your statement is

- UFC never signs a fighter coming from a loss , very rare they have did that unless it would be someone like Fedor.
    - UFC bums as you say usually have a win streak, Bellator signs fighters like Bozinyan who came from a loss and has three losses in a row and still get the spot in Bellator
    - UFC do fair fights so called matchmaking, Berkhamov vs Palaiologos is a huge mismatch.

17. careto Purple Belt

Granted the UFC doesnt sign fighters in a losing streak, it still doesnt mean the fighters they are signing arent bums. You can spin it however you want to but fighters like Roque fucking Martinez, Ike Villanueva, Emily Whitmire, Ray Rodriguez, etc. arent UFC or even Bellator caliber fighters, yet they were signed to the UFC recently. Maybe they were on a "winning streak" but they are still pretty bad.
    I wont argue Bellator's matchmaking because they are notorious for their terrible matchmaking so yes, I will agree to that, they love their mismatches and very often it hilariously backfires on them.

MMALOPEZ likes this.
  18. Yrat Purple Belt

Roque Martinez have fought for Rizin and yes he does not have some impressive wins. Took a short notice in UFC.

If he signed with Bellator he would get less money, probably just a one bout agreement if they will go to Hawaii and he would probably be mismatched way more against someone like Josh Barnett

If Roque would win there their matchmakers would just say "alright you won but hey, this was just a one bout agreement and our boss does not like your talent. That is our policy"

19. careto Purple Belt

Well, im not sure where you are getting this narrative from, but fighters in Bellator who have taken short notice fights tend to get a good chunk of money for their efforts and usually get rebooked for another match, like Rys Hilton who just fought in their last event. Kid majorly sucks but at least he got another shot. Im not assuming any of this, btw, Im quoting Sherdoggers who are trainers and have gone through this experience.
    Max Roshkoff, on the other hand, got released from the UFC after taking a short notice fight and losing.
    Both organizations sign bums every now and then, its just part of the business.