Sept.24 Carlo Perdersoli vs Bozinyan Bellator Milan

Great signing by Bellator !

UFC probably capped out the number of Russians they had on the roster and Berkhamov didn’t wanna wait around any longer. Bellator is the next best option for a WW so this will be interesting.

How on earth does UFC not sign this guy first?
UFC just signed like 20 guys through Contender series. This is what we were talking about and ppl were getting upset. UFC is an American based promotion. They don’t want all Russian champions. They’re not going to sign every Russian fighter out there. It’s just not in their business plan. 7 Russian champs is a legit possibility if they signed everyone.

UFC just signed like 20 guys through Contender series. This is what we were talking about and ppl were getting upset. UFC is an American based promotion. They don’t want all Russian champions. They’re not going to sign every Russian fighter out there. It’s just not in their business plan. 7 Russian champs is a legit possibility if they signed everyone.

Yep and I think Kerimov, Magomedov, Tumenov, Shabily and Vartanyan were all ahead of him in the queue to be signed.

Tumenov? No. The others are all in different weight classes anyways.

Tumenov vacated the ACA belt and has said he wants back in the UFC, I'd be surprised if they're not interested.

I don't think weight class matters so much, Russian managers have said there's a cap on Russian fighters on the roster full stop.

Tumenov vacated the ACA belt and has said he wants back in the UFC, I'd be surprised if they're not interested.

I don't think weight class matters so much, Russian managers have said there's a cap on Russian fighters on the roster full stop.
Most of the Russian fighters on the UFC roster are weak compared to the top guys in ACA.

Most of the Russian fighters on the UFC roster are weak compared to the top guys in ACA.

Yeah, I agree with you there, which is why I think it's strange that ACA championship level fighters like Kerimov, Tumenov and Magomedov aren't able to get into the UFC after leaving ACA.

They seem more likely to pick up M-1 guys, where the level is frankly a lot lower than ACA, bar possibly Mineev who I think would be champion in either promotion.

They picked up Kopylov from M-1 and I think AAA, Vartanyan, Shabily and Raisov at the very least are much better than him.

Yeah, I agree with you there, which is why I think it's strange that ACA championship level fighters like Kerimov, Tumenov and Magomedov aren't able to get into the UFC after leaving ACA.

They seem more likely to pick up M-1 guys, where the level is frankly a lot lower than ACA, bar possibly Mineev who I think would be champion in either promotion.

They picked up Kopylov from M-1 and I think AAA, Vartanyan, Shabily and Raisov at the very least are much better than him.
Mineev or Emeev? Emeev is definitely UFC level though his fights have managed to be relative snoozers.

Mineev or Emeev? Emeev is definitely UFC level though his fights have managed to be relative snoozers.

Mineev, Emeev is already there though I agree he's pretty dull.

I'm not sure why Mineev isn't yet, he looks like a potential ranked fighter to my eyes.

In before Berkhamov pulls out due to injury.

They're to busy signing killer prospects like... *check notes* Zalim Imaev? Wtf?

But I think signings like Zalim confirms that the UFC generally picks up people that there isn't a whole lot of hassle to sign. Which means either:

1: Ali clients (like Zalim)
2: M-1 champs due to their partnership with M-1

Which sadly leaves out a whole lot of prospects.

Yep and I think Kerimov, Magomedov, Tumenov, Shabily and Vartanyan were all ahead of him in the queue to be signed.
Around a month ago there were interview with Shabliy, it's not 100 % clear about which promotion he talks (or maybe I'm retarded), but he says that he wanted to sign with PFL because they offered 3 times more money than other promotion (UFC, it seems to me). But he says that Rizvan, his manager, from company of Abdelaziz told him to wait and that they will try to negotiate a better deal for him.
About Mineev -- I remember few years ago he was saying that UFC is not better than other promotions in terms of roster, they just spend more money to build an image and stuff, I think after that he said something like that maybe he will sign with Western promotion and will compete at WW there. If I'm not mistaken, since that he never competed at WW, promotions with whom he has good relationship book him for a catchweight bouts and that's it.
In before Berkhamov pulls out due to injury.

They're to busy signing killer prospects like... *check notes* Zalim Imaev? Wtf?

But I think signings like Zalim confirms that the UFC generally picks up people that there isn't a whole lot of hassle to sign. Which means either:

1: Ali clients (like Zalim)
2: M-1 champs due to their partnership with M-1

Which sadly leaves out a whole lot of prospects.
Seems like it's not just Ali clients, it's Khabib's relatives and friends. You can probably make a list from Russian clients of Ali who Rizvan said (or fighters themselves said) that they are trying to sign to UFC for a year or more than that. For example, Shabliy, Khizriev (well, he is on Dana's Contender Series).
There were interview with Petr Yan earlier this year, like in January or February and he said that if UFC offers him a title fight he will ask Dana to sign few of his teammates (I forgot names, one is a striker from Kazakhstan and other is a wrestler from Russia if I'm not wrong) because it's common practice in UFC to get your friends/teammates signed.

Last edited:
A Bellator welterweight clash between Carlo Pedersoli Jr. (11-3 MMA, 0-0 Bellator) and Grachik Bozinyan (10-5 MMA, 0-1 Bellator) is set for September 24 in Milan, Italy, sources with knowledge of the situation told BJPENN.com. The sources asked for anonymity since the news hasn’t been officially confirmed yet.

This September 24 card is one of the multiple event Bellator is planning to host on Italian soil in the new few months, BJPENN.com has been informed.

There are way more better fighters who are free agents and deserves a spot in Bellator

I can't understand why someone like 3-5 on his record can sign for Bellator but not a huge prospect that has 11-1 but is 22 years old

No wonder why Ufc is number One since Bellator signs cans. That would be like if Google only hired people who have some knowledge in excel and word and worked for non-profit unions in sports compare to someone who has a master degree in computer science

What is wrong with Bellator? Bozinyan actually had a lost before he signed with Bellator.

Back