Senior Dos Santos vs Ben Rothwell

who wins?

• Total voters
I think it's a very easy fight for Dos Santos. Rothwell is slow, not moving much and his striking is way behind Senior's. I don't see how Rothwell would be able to take SDS down, that won't happen unless SDS is hurt and I don't think Rothwell can catch him. I hope this fight happens so that the Rothwell hype train derails because it's getting a bit ridiculous now.

Taking both their recent fights into consideration, all I can say is I wouldn't bet against Rothwell. No clue who wins, though.

JDS is past his prime but he's got enough in the tank to beat Rothwell. Rothwell was losing to Josh till the fluke choke, losing to Matt till the choke, Vera before the TRT fueled crazy man charge.

JDS chin is good enough to take a punch from Rothwell, and he's now aware of Rothwells only submission, the front choke. He will fuck Big Ben up

Yeah, "he's aware of it", so there's zero chance that he gets caught by that.

Just like when he fought Reem, and the dude kept doing the same slip and punch for a whole round, but somehow, he managed to get knocked out by it.Maybe his awareness isnt so good.

Cigano beats Rothwell into a TKO.

Sucks too. Rothwell should be fighting for the title not Stipe.

SDS has been on a downward spiral for a while now, but Big Ben looks like waaaay to big of a target. That being said it wouldn't surpise me if JDS finds a way to lose.

I can see JDS winning this fight. Rothwell's neutral stance might be easy pickings.

While I can see you've been around sherdog for a minute, I don't see why you consider Rothwell a hype. I've been following Rothwell since IFL days and have always thought he could be better. He's also been on a tear as of late and seems to have found the right camp for himself. I just don't see him as hype is what I'm getting at, you could say.
Ben is a solid HW, and a dangerous guy for sure. But as usual, sherdoggers cant be realistic and when a guy goes on a bit of a winstreak they love to exaggerate and overhype him, while as soon as a guy loses a fight, he's quickly forgotten and his accomplishments are severely downplayed, as is the case with JDS at the moment.

So yeah, I guess I have been around here for a while... long enough to know that a fighter can hit a rough patch and bounce back, and that another fighter can look unbeatable in one fight, then get completely blown away in the next.

I know Ben has a lot of momentum right now, and he's a live dog especially at HW....but I still believe JDS is a higher caliber fighter and the smart money's on him.

Much to my dismay, I have a feeling SDS has been born in this thread.

It's gonna stick.

SDS by ko.

It's all a matter of how much Rothwell's chin can put up with before he can get a clinch. He moves real slow, so I expect JDS to hit him a lot. Should be interesting.

Cigano beats Rothwell into a TKO.

Sucks too. Rothwell should be fighting for the title not Stipe.
Lmao.... Sucks that this non champion would beat Ben, cuz Ben should be fighting for the title

Logic

SDS broke my by getting KTFO by glasschin Overeem.

Ill go with Rothwell via looking horrible until he manages to finish the fight.

I just hope JDS doesn't have another of those "years off his lifespan" fights, I like the guy.

Lmao.... Sucks that this non champion would beat Ben, cuz Ben should be fighting for the title

Logic
AA should have been fighting for the title and we know that that played out.

Fighting for the title has nothing to with getting your ass handed to you by someone. Especially at HW where anyone can beat anyone on any given day.

Ben is a solid HW, and a dangerous guy for sure. But as usual, sherdoggers cant be realistic and when a guy goes on a bit of a winstreak they love to exaggerate and overhype him, while as soon as a guy loses a fight, he's quickly forgotten and his accomplishments are severely downplayed, as is the case with JDS at the moment.

So yeah, I guess I have been around here for a while... long enough to know that a fighter can hit a rough patch and bounce back, and that another fighter can look unbeatable in one fight, then get completely blown away in the next.

I know Ben has a lot of momentum right now, and he's a live dog especially at HW....but I still believe JDS is a higher caliber fighter and the smart money's on him.
nah, i've always thought ben could be better than he was. i'm just glad he's actually on a win streak now. he posts on sherdog, or at least used to, from time to time. always seemed like a cool guy.
even if he lost his next 3 fights straight, i'd still have the feeling he could have always been better.

Back