Law Senate orders Canada Post back to work.

ObamaPhoneLady

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hasn't impacted me -- fedex and online bill payments ftw

I was still getting all my mail, because it wasnt a full strike. Some things just arrived a few days late

I was still getting all my mail, because it wasnt a full strike. Some things just arrived a few days late

Same here. Not much comes in the mail nowdays anyway, bank statements and a couple bills. Anything important comes via courier.

Not a fan of people being legislated back to work.

Fucking finally. Haven't got a scrap of mail in a month. Fuck these greedy cunts.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4701352/canada-post-back-to-work-legislation-passed-senate/

They clearly timed this to fuck up weed delivery but now it's threatening Christmas and could severely hurt the economy.

They need to privatize the mail here and let young people take over. Do it like Amazon deliveries with independent contractors.

Why do you hate workers?

I bet you will defend the right of producers to raise prices for more profits, but God forbid a worker inconvienence you and prove the value of their collective labor.

You could train new people to do their job, it would just take you 6 months to do so for 20,000 workers before you could run even close to effectively again. That is the value of their collective labor. Pay them for that value, or eat the cost of replacing a entire workforce, and the disruption.

You are not entitled to the benefit of their labor.

Btw Canada, this weakening of union power is how Reagan ruined the US.

You might want to think about whether your Christmas package arriving is worth living in a country where unions have little to no power.

Fucking finally. Haven't got a scrap of mail in a month. Fuck these greedy cunts.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4701352/canada-post-back-to-work-legislation-passed-senate/

They clearly timed this to fuck up weed delivery but now it's threatening Christmas and could severely hurt the economy.

They need to privatize the mail here and let young people take over. Do it like Amazon deliveries with independent contractors.
Friend of mine works for Canada post and says it’s the most slack place to work on the planet. I’m sure it’s the same at most government run places.

Good. Canada post is one of the laziest groups ive seen.

Hard to support a group who JUST got what they wanted last year and then intentionally striked on Xmas to fuck everyone over

But yeah, this needed to happen

At least the Government is going to send a guy to smack them around and work out their shit already

Why do you hate workers?

I bet you will defend the right of producers to raise prices for more profits, but God forbid a worker inconvienence you and prove the value of their collective labor.

You could train new people to do their job, it would just take you 6 months to do so for 20,000 workers before you could run even close to effectively again. That is the value of their collective labor. Pay them for that value, or eat the cost of replacing a entire workforce, and the disruption.

You are not entitled to the benefit of their labor.

What is their true value? Whatever the fuck they say it is?

No mail for a month sounds good to me. It's all junk mail or shit I check/pay online anyway

Same here. Not much comes in the mail nowdays anyway, bank statements and a couple bills. Anything important comes via courier.

Not a fan of people being legislated back to work.
I have mixed feelings about this and the GM closures situation. I like that the Liberals are pro-labour, but I am not sure a heavy handed approach with the postal workers and a pandering one to the auto workers has it the right way around.

I've been doing some more online shopping than usual and it hasn't really affected me much. It's a 'rotating strike' so shit is still getting delivered, just slower (which is funny because the mail here must already be the slowest in the world)

Friend of mine works for Canada post and says it’s the most slack place to work on the planet. I’m sure it’s the same at most government run places.

It's the same in many union environments. This is because you can't force me to work faster when their is more work.

This means that you need to over staff if you want to be able to cover your work requirements during peak demand.

You would be shocked at how much less stressful it makes a work environment.

Management figured out long ago, that if they under staff they can get more out of the workers, because they feel pressured to catch up. Much of the stress at work is driven by under staffing.

It is sad that people think it is weird to see a work environment where engagement for the entire shift in labor, is considered slack.

When I first started working where I work, it was over staffed. People were happy to come to work, and happy workers are good workers. Now our workforce has been leaned down, and things are absolutely toxic.

Canada Post going on strike just made me realize how utterly useless they are to me personally. All I get in the mail is flyers and other bullshit like that.

Back