Senate Democrats break with Pelosi on impeachment timeline.

Deadwing88

Lion of Panjshir.
@Silver
Reaction score
Senate Democrats say it’s time to begin the trial and end the delay.

“The longer it goes on the less urgent it becomes,” said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.). “So if it’s serious and urgent, send them over. If it isn’t, don’t send it over.”

Several other Senate Democrats also showed their impatience with the Democratic leaders’ current strategy. Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said Wednesday morning that Democrats “should move on” and turn the articles to the Senate and Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.) said he’s “ready” for the trial to start.

“We need to get folks to testify and we need more information ... but nonetheless I’m ready,” Tester said. “I don’t know what leverage we have. It looks like the cake is already baked.”

“I respect the fact that she is concerned about the fact about whether or not there will be a fair trial. But I do think it is time to get on with it,” said Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.).

“We were ready on the day the articles were voted, to conduct the trial,” added Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), who otherwise praised Pelosi for putting a focus on process over the past three weeks. “At some point it’s appropriate to send them and in effect pass the baton to senators who are going to continue to insist on witnesses and documents.”

And several Senate Democrats said publicly that the pressure campaign has outlived its usefulness.

“We were ready on the day the articles were voted, to conduct the trial,” added Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), who otherwise praised Pelosi for putting a focus on process over the past three weeks. “At some point it’s appropriate to send them and in effect pass the baton to senators who are going to continue to insist on witnesses and documents.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/08/senate-democrats-break-pelosi-over-impeachment-096224

No one cares about impeachment anymore.

Someone really needs to put Pelosi's face over Rico's.

This witch hunt hoax partisan impeachment has been handled horribly from the start. Not surprised to see many Democrats getting fed up with this, especially when they know it's going nowhere. I'm sure there are still some good Democrats in the the party, and they should continue to speak up like this.

We all knew this was nothing more than a PR stunt.

Yeah, because they're all so busy creating and signing laws to fix poverty, illness and education. No wonder they have enough time to sit around and ask for useless endeavors.

If it's at all possible, legally or otherwise, Nancy's best bet is to push this shit off until over a year from now. Either Trump loses re-election, or Dems gain enough Senate seats to put in a proper vote.

Dirty and obvious, but it's the *only* way this thing has any relevance.

LOL, even they're sick of this shit show.

So if it’s serious and urgent, send them over. If it isn’t, don’t send it over.”

<WellThere>

I still can’t believe David Lo Pan got played like a fiddle by the fresh faced she guevara green new deal progressive crew. Beautiful to see though

Good. We already know the whole thing is a goddamn joke, but they're making themselves look horrible when they've already made the claim "this is a threat to national security", and then say "but we'll push it off to side for now and maybe move it forward sometime in the future or maybe not".

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.). “So if it’s serious and urgent, send them over. If it isn’t, don’t send it over.”

Painfully obvious to anyone but I'm glad she said it.

bucket

So if it’s serious and urgent, send them over. If it isn’t, don’t send it over.”

<WellThere>

I still can’t believe David Lo Pan got played like a fiddle by the fresh faced she guevara green new deal progressive crew. Beautiful to see though

You must be a Jericho Green fan lol.

This witch hunt hoax partisan impeachment has been handled horribly from the start. Not surprised to see many Democrats getting fed up with this, especially when they know it's going nowhere. I'm sure there are still some good Democrats in the the party, and they should continue to speak up like this.
3 Dems showed integrity, the rest did not are or straight up liars/morons, yet the GOP is the one that won't have a fair process. As if the entire House thing wasn't a sham, nor the Kavanaugh confirmation

wait, what

when a guy literally dares you to impeach him....

its a safe bet that person feels awfully strongly that nothing actually happened. That's negating the exonerating Transcript, the entire Russia fake fiasco, and the Ukraine Pres himself saying nothing was sketchy

Occam's razor

You must be a Jericho Green fan lol.

Most def! Guilty of stealing some of his jokes like fuck...I mean chuck, David Lo Pan, and his AOC with a Scarface accent is spot on. I would have taken that one too but it was way too long haha

Been a fan since he had about 24k subs, he’s blown up a bit and I’m happy for him. He brings the comedy to politics that I appreciate

when a guy literally dares you to impeach him....

its a safe bet that person feels awfully strongly that nothing actually happened. That's negating the exonerating Transcript, the entire Russia fake fiasco, and the Ukraine Pres himself saying nothing was sketchy

Occam's razor
Then why not let people testify ?

There's only one reason to not let those subpoenaed testify , obvious that they are indeed afraid of the truth coming out .

There's only one reason to not let those subpoenaed testify , obvious that they are indeed afraid of the truth coming out .
Bc you dont reward ridiculous fishing expeditions with a chance to do just that some more

Trump said it was unfair and a hoax...

This is a he said she said for the "hoaxer" crowd...and they have chosen to believe Trump over the House witnesses and don't need to hear more from the "deep state".

It's all just unfair. If the witnesses come, they would obviously clear Trump, thus they shouldn't be heard. Duh.

Bc you dont reward ridiculous fishing expeditions with a chance to do just that some more
Does the Whitehouse get to pick and choose what parts of the constitution they follow ?

Would you be ok with this if it was a democrat in the WH ?

They were too eager, and 2020 was coming too quickly to find a better excuse to impeach the President. They had to take a leap of faith and hope they could sell the Ukraine call as a crime.

Back