Senate adjourned on November 18 without passing any COVID relief

You can hear it in their voices and see it on their faces. They have morphed their roll in our country. They are elected to serve the will of the people and “lead” us in the direction that we tell them. Somewhere along the line they have become our masters. They tell us what direction we are going. They have disdain for us and they take the country in whatever direction they want. It’s all about lining their pockets, and advancing their careers. They have zero issue with fucking us over if it will be a gain for them personally or professionally

I’m of the opinion that career politicians, profit over all corporate greed, and lobbyists have destroyed this country probably beyond repair

I think you don't understand how it works. The house can pass a bill and then send it to the senate. This will force the senate to vote on it. If and when the senate votes against it, the dems can then use those votes against those senators. It's called politics.
They should have done that before the election.
source.gif

How retarded you're going to feel when you figure out that the house passed a bill a long time ago and the Senate majority leader has refused to put it up for a vote. You can 100% blame Republicans for this bill not getting passed.

So it's 100% the Republicans fault that the Democrats passed an unrealistic bill that had
bailouts for mismanaged blue states among many other reprehensible expenditures in it?

giphy.gif

You can hear it in their voices and see it on their faces. They have morphed their roll in our country. They are elected to serve the will of the people and “lead” us in the direction that we tell them. Somewhere along the line they have become our masters. They tell us what direction we are going. They have disdain for us and they take the country in whatever direction they want. It’s all about lining their pockets, and advancing their careers. They have zero issue with fucking us over if it will be a gain for them personally or professionally

I’m of the opinion that career politicians, profit over all corporate greed, and lobbyists have destroyed this country probably beyond repair
It's sure to change now since Biden has hired a lobbyist for asbestos as his chief of staff

I think you don't understand how it works.

The house can pass a bill and then send it to the senate. This will force the senate to vote on it.

you’re really quite stupid to believe this.

Why can state and local taxes be deducted from your federal taxes in the first place? That sounds stupid corrupt for high taxing local governments. Why should people in lower tax states have to pay more federal taxes?

So it's 100% the Republicans fault that the Democrats passed an unrealistic bill that had
bailouts for mismanaged blue states among many other reprehensible expenditures in it?

giphy.gif

Oh yes "mismanaged blue states". That's a cute Fox News talking point.

It absolutely is 100% Republicans fault. Democrats already compromised from their initial COVID relief. Republicans have refused to compromise to get a bill passed. Then Republicans cared more about pushing through a judge with only a couple years experience into the highest judicial position to swing the courts conservative.

Republicans are at fault for this. Period. Stop listening to Tucker Carlson and get a fucking clue.

Oh yes "mismanaged blue states". That's a cute Fox News talking point.

It absolutely is 100% Republicans fault. Democrats already compromised from their initial COVID relief. Republicans have refused to compromise to get a bill passed. Then Republicans cared more about pushing through a judge with only a couple years experience into the highest judicial position to swing the courts conservative.Republicans are at fault for this. Period. Stop listening to Tucker Carlson and get a fucking clue.

Comprised?

The Democrats passed a shit stimulus bill that they knew wouldn't pass in the Senate. The Republicans would have had no
choice to vote and pass that bill if it was just meat and potatoes type stuff but it absolutely wasn't. They included stuff like
500 billion dollars for state bailouts. And most of the states in financial trouble were in the red before February 2020. To
put that kind of money in to perspective the one time stimulus that Obama passed in 2008, was only $787 billion total.

Do you even comprehend how much 500 billion dollars is stand alone much less 2.2 trillion? I can't even begin to think
of the shit that was in that bill before they "comprimised" and magically trimmed 1 trillion dollars of pork from it, SMFH.

So, take Rachel Maddow's dick out of your mouth and explain to me how or what if anything about my proposed question was
inaccurate in any way.

And sorry, I'm not a Republican nor do I watch any television or religiously follow any cable news networks online for that matter.

The idea we can be told we are not able to live our lives without fines or imprisonment is insane. You're thrown a bone to shut up and stay on your knees and when you're not given the bone it's your only concern...

I guess it’s time for everyone to stop paying taxes.

It'll pass once the criminals Loeffler and Perdue get thrown out. Pelosi becomes leader.

Bill under Pelosi should give stimulus only to those who get a vaccine, thus encouraging universal vaccination mandatory, without making it mandatory.
Biden will pass the bill.

Its a win/win on both sides, and neither Republicans nor Democrats can complain

So the poor people can get help sometime next year, when there MAY be a vaccine readily available?

giphy.gif

Red states have been mismanaged too. We need to stop separating Americans by blue or red, right vs left. Shit gets annoying.

"If you wanted federal taxes cut, that's a republican position and you should have voted accordingly."

Why don't you go ahead and finish that incomplete thought?

If you wanted federal taxes cut, which takes the form of peanuts to the middle class, the lion's share to those who don't even need it, and furthermore expires for the aforementioned middle class in 4 years, at which time taxes will need to be exponentially raised to pay for A) those permanent ultra-wealthy class tax cuts B) Trump's 33% increase to the already ridiculuous federal debt and C) an 18% increase to a military budget that was already 3 times higher than China, India, Russia, Saudi Arabia, France, Germany, United Kingdom, Japan, South Korea, and Brazil's military budgets combined.

Let's also not forget that those taxes are also going to be raised thanks to the GOP voting to completely remove discretionary spending limits, or any oversight thereof, for themselves and the Pentagon. I guess they were getting a little too uncomfortable having to make up excuses about the largest, most expensive, and most sophisticated military in the world routinely just "losing money" because of an archaic accounting system, or so they say. Trillions upon trillions of dollars, just vaporized. "Unaccounted for" as they like to say.

Last, since guys like you like to get so upset over social welfare spending, which, in aggregate, amounts to about $50/year in federal tax liability per individual, I can't imagine the look on your face when you find out that the government spent 5x as much on subsidies, no bid contracts, corporate grants, and tax incentives intended to social the cost for private profiteers.

Now, amazingly, we just covered almost the entirety of the GOP's accomplishments with nearly 4 years of control and a Republican president. Tax cuts, military spending through the roof, breaks and incentives for themselves, and that's about it.

Or, maybe you could provide a list of actual legislation, or policy, the GOP has enacted or supported over the last 4 years. Amazing accomplishments.

this post is highly underrated.

I mean, mots of them are over 65. They gotta rest.

If it wasn't mentioned earlier, saw that President Trump on Friday redirected funds to provide COVID relief. It can be read about here:

https://www.billionairesportfolio.com/archives/7118

excerpt:

We've talked for months about the posturing between the Democrats and the Trump administration on a second relief package.

Pelosi thought she had enough leverage back in July, with the July 31 expiration of the federal unemployment subsidy looming, to force Trump and the Republican Senate into a huge second package — one that would address the Democrats wish list of state bailouts, (most importantly, at the time) voter reform/mail-in voting legislation and multi-trillion dollar funding for the New Green Deal.

Trump circumvented Pelosi's leverage, by extending the federal unemployment benefits through Executive Order.

Pelosi and company then circumvented Trump by just mass mailing mail-in ballots.

Now, as we've discussed post-election, the Democrats have tried to conjure up new leverage, pushing the "raging virus" narrative, and consequently going back into lockdowns in Democrat-led states. That has been an effort to force the Republican-led Senate to relent on a massive second package (for state bailouts and the New Green Deal).

Trump has sidestepped it again. Yesterday, Mnuchin went to the Fed and requested the return of nearly half a trillion-dollars of unused funds from the original Cares Act. This will likely be repurposed for actual relief/aid to businesses and people. With this, the Democrats would no longer be able to use a "lack of aid" as a call for Senate change, as it relates to the two Georgia Senate run-offs coming in January.

This reduces the likelihood of a Senate flip. And it reduces the likelihood of the implementation of the economically transformative energy overhaul. With this, we end the week with the biggest clean energy ETF trading near record highs. …

I think you don't understand how it works.

The house can pass a bill and then send it to the senate. This will force the senate to vote on it. If and when the senate votes against it, the dems can then use those votes against those senators. It's called politics.

They should have done that before the election.

The Senate doesn't have to vote on anything, ever. There is no way for the House to force a Senate vote.

Back