Crime Sen. Kelly Loeffler Sold Millions in Stock After Coronavirus Briefing

Their selloffs probably incited the panic in the markets.

I guarantee you their brokers know who they are and they know that when Senators start dumping stock it's time to do the same.

It makes me sick when holding any public office is referred to as public service. It’s self service, just like the rest of our jobs. This is just further proof.

Might not be illegal, but this is definitely scummy behavior. Why would anyone defend this?
Because it was asserted that it was illegal. That was wrong. Don't misconstrue the nature of the defense.

Dumping the stock I have no issue with. The tweets are where the issue is for me.

It gives the impression she is saying one thing and doing the other.

I don't know enough about stock trading laws to say it's illegal, but yeah this comes off as scummy for sure.

What? My God, you don't understand the very rule you're citing. No, it's not a "clear violation of this rule". Congressman have meetings every day. They wouldn't be able to buy or sell stock if a peri-meeting timetable is all that is required for that to construe a violation. Furthermore, it's obvious you didn't read that statute:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/17/240.10b5-1

She didn't sell a single stock in office until that day? Source that. It's irrelevant, but I find that very hard to believe.

Unless Citrix was specifically mentioned at the meeting with regard to government provisions intimated there that would boost its specific stock you're playing a dumb game, here. That doesn't violate the section you're citing. Furthermore, you haven't produced evidence that those meetings in February contained any specific government edicts that would force people to work from home. Your attempt to use positive rhetoric about the market as a whole intended to cushion the economy from a panic, something that would help all Americans, while calculating a panic would occur anyway, also doesn't construe a violation of that statute.

Frankly, I find your bar for a crime, and the so-called evidence that would prove it, to be terrifying. You're an authoritarian in search of a justification for your tendencies.

It's going to take a lot more investigative digging by real journalists to uncover legitimate malfeasance, here. I predict nothing will come of this.

You're contorting yourself here to defend her when you know damn well that you'd be burning Pelosi at the stake with even less evidence.

And we don't know if any specific stocks were discussed at that meeting, but they were made aware of quarantine plans and operational policies to be imposed on workplaces. She still gained undue advantage learning that remote work would suddenly proliferate. Now if she bought those shares BEFORE the meeting then we could pat her on the back for her foresight.

Wonder why the TS didn’t include Diane Feinstein. Hmm...
Her story didn't break until a few hours ago, otherwise I would have included her too (along with the 2 additional senators caught up in this). I've wanted Feinstein removed my entire adult life. Fuck her too.
This isn't insider trading for several reasons. They aren't allowed to use non-public information for personal gain, and they neither gained nor were they privy to any new laws or policies that would have caused stocks to rise or shrink, and the evidence is that they didn't even sell for another 3 weeks after this "secret meeting".

Even though there was no gain, it would probably still qualify if they were informed of some new law or bill that the rest of us didn't know about that would cause the stock market to move. AFAIK, the public already knew about coronavirus before the briefing, they didn't set any federal policies at the meeting, otherwise they wouldn't have waited 3 weeks to sell, and most of the measures have been at the state and local level, and senators work for the federal government.

The complaint would have to be that they withheld information from the public, and based on the 3 weeks it took them to sell a relatively small amount of stock holdings, it doesn't appear that they had any more information to give that the rest of us didn't already know about.
Loeffler and Burr began their selloff the very same day of the meeting. A few days later, Burr even wrote an op-ed painting an optimistic picture of the situation. Meanwhile, he continued selling substantial amounts of his holdings.

Her story didn't break until a few hours ago, otherwise I would have included her too (along with the 2 additional senators caught up in this). I've wanted Feinstein removed my entire adult life. Fuck her too.
lol
Of course.

i thought it was common knowledge that our politician class could insider trade while us plebs suffer

You're contorting yourself here to defend her when you know damn well that you'd be burning Pelosi at the stake with even less evidence.

And we don't know if any specific stocks were discussed at that meeting, but they were made aware of quarantine plans and operational policies to be imposed on workplaces. She still gained undue advantage learning that remote work would suddenly proliferate. Now if she bought those shares BEFORE the meeting then we could pat her on the back for her foresight.

Loeffler and Burr began their selloff the very same day of the meeting. A few days later, Burr even wrote an op-ed painting an optimistic picture of the situation. Meanwhile, he continued selling substantial amounts of his holdings.

Why wouldn't they have gotten rid of all of it that day if they had reliable information? Your sources say Burr didn't get rid of his for another 3 weeks after the meeting, and Loeffler sold very little after the meeting and gradually sold more throughout the following weeks, and still only sold about 0.5% of her net worth. You conveniently didn't mention any democrat that did it in the OP, so I don't know when or how much Feinstein got rid of, but doesn't sound like either of the people you did mention did feel any sort of panic after the meeting since they didn't immediately dump all of their stocks and likely both did still take a huge hit.

Last edited:
They aren’t though. Diane Feinstein is included too. The TS left that out though for some mysterious reason.
Innitially when the news reported on this issue, it was only Loeffer and Burr who were mentioned. Feinstein was mentioned in later reports. That is my expreince from religiously following the news.

Indeed.

Senator Feinstein and others knew of the market crash...BEFORE IT HAPPENED & sold millions in stock to save their own
https://www.rightjournalism.com/dem...up-to-20-years-in-prison-under-the-stock-act/
Seems like that isn't true.

A spokesman for Feinstein told The New York Times that she had nothing to do with the decisions to sell her stocks.

“All of Senator Feinstein’s assets are in a blind trust,” Tom Mentzer said in a statement. “She has no involvement in her husband’s financial decisions.”

Someone said the complaint is exclusive to republicans, you claimed it isn't, someone else said it is. By definition one of you is full of shit, you can work out who.

Well then that burden falls on you considering you're the one who decided to conflate two different posts by two different posters.

Why wouldn't they have gotten rid of all of it that day if they had reliable information? Your sources say Burr didn't get rid of his for another 3 weeks after the meeting, and Loeffler sold very little after the meeting and gradually sold more throughout the following weeks, and still only sold about 0.5% of her net worth. You conveniently didn't mention any democrat that did it in the OP, so I don't know when or how much Feinstein got rid of, but doesn't sound like either of the people you did mention did feel any sort of panic after the meeting since they didn't immediately dump all of their stocks and likely both did still take a huge hit.
The market plunged on Feb 24, well before the sales. And I didn't know about Feinstein's sale until after I made this thread, but it's a substantial amount.
EThg0_UVAAEtNVn

If they want to legislate new rules, fine, but if she didn't break the current ones there's nothing to see here.

So if a behavior doesn't have a specific criminal statute prohibiting it that behavior can't be considered unethical and can't be called out by anyone... And some wonder why the majority of citizens are so easily manipulated by the establishment.

"It's not against the law, guys. Gotta let it go!"

HAHAHHA. Did some demonrat really claim that $1M in selling on a $500M portfolio is anything other than normal???????? OMG i'm dying, how stupid is the media and the left??? oh, yeah that's right.

Seems like that isn't true.

A spokesman for Feinstein told The New York Times that she had nothing to do with the decisions to sell her stocks.

“All of Senator Feinstein’s assets are in a blind trust,” Tom Mentzer said in a statement. “She has no involvement in her husband’s financial decisions.”
We won't see a democrat senator in jail, but it doesn't look like just saying "I'm innocent" is enough to make this go away. We'll see if they even get fined a dollar out of this.

Well then that burden falls on you considering you're the one who decided to conflate two different posts by two different posters.
Yeah it's clearly my job to go poll everyone in california before you admit you're a fuckin liar rofl

Back