seminar prices??

I belive that Shaolin is doing a seminar in the manchaster area of the uk soon.....

i've emailed the organiser but heard nothing back yet.

depending on if the cost is reasonable ( bjj is more expensive in the UK) i'm sure it'll be money well spent!

How much would you pay for a seminar with world jiu-jitsu champion? what do you think is a good price and for how long>

anyone have any good or bad seminar stories?

You brewing something up Asel?! Spill it! Who's coming to town?!

Also I think the price might not necessarily be dependent on "world JJ champion" status necessarily? How much was the Relson seminar last Dec.? $80? How much would a Rickson seminar run? Even though he's not technically a Mundial champ or anything. In contrast you could get a Mundial gold medalist that not many people have heard of. No disrespect but I think people would pay more for a seminar with Roberto Traven than Luiz Guilerme even though Traven won the Super Super Heavy one year after Luiz did. I think it would all depend on "who" the person was rather than what they necessarily won...for me anyway. So who is it?!

Jorge Gurgel: twice $80 2hrs gi and 2hrs no gi
Overall good times. Good teaching, good drilling. It was a lot of useful techniques, nothing really fancy. To be honest the first time I was a little mad because I wanted the better techniques that black belts only show in seminars, but those don't really exist.

Roberto Tozi: $40, the week after he placed 2nd in the Pan Am absolute.
Amazing. 3hrs+ He just kept going until our instructor had to go to his real job. Again, not a lot of flash, just good solid technique. Aside from proving his skills the week before, he is just a great teacher who you could tell really wanted the students to learn.
He also did a private with 2 students and then sparred with them tapping them with the moves he just showed them, that made them remember.

I payed 85€, or $132, for Demian Maia's seminar. He was here for five days and we had two 1,5 hour lessons every day. He is an nice guy and an very good instructor.

Back