Semantics and double standards, you can smoke weed but not snort cocaine. All bs.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by King Crab, Jan 6, 2015.

1. King Crab

King Crab Green Belt

Whatever "powerful" figure jones has in your personal life please grow a set. You have all been guilty of doing something in your own lives that you have regretted. It's not like he actually has gone out and murdered anyone so please guys be honest and leave the guy alone. He fights well and beats everyone put in front of him...at the end of the day thats what he gets paid to do. Please if your traumatized at something that you've probably done in your life at one time or another...then maybe hypocrite much.

2. Char Jawz

Char Jawz FrankieNYC Belt...RIP brother

I don't remember Pat Healy, Matt Riddle, Nick Diaz or Dave Herman murdering anyone either, but they all got punished, didn't they?

I'm not sure what your point even is, but Jones gets no free pass from the fans. Sorry if you're butt hurt by it, but the hypocrisy isn't with Sherdog posters on this one.

3. Jocke

Jocke Black Belt

The only one seeming traumatized is you over the fact that someone you dont even know personally is taking flak. Now thats funny.

Anyway, I think theres quite a difference between marijuana and coke. Regardless, he tested positive out of competition so who cares.

4. McGrubie

McGrubie Brown Belt

What?

5. Cid

Cid Silver Belt

I don't give a fuck, just funny because of the holier than thou attitude he tried to portray for so long.

6. llllll

llllll White Belt

Nick Diaz tested positive for a metabolite of a drug that stays in your system for way longer than cocaine does... coke stays in your system for 2-4 days meaning Jon did it very close to the fight

7. matt2287

matt2287 Yellow Belt

Melvin tested positive for cocaine when he fought joe daddy he was suspended and fined

8. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Can't say I've ever been a role model to children, or the face of a company. When I do things, there are no repercussions because I'm not being held to a higher standard.

Jones is held to a higher standard, because he makes millions of dollars both for and from a company.

9. ThePewp

ThePewp Green Belt

TS only cares about these issues when someone who isn't White gets hit with something. I agree with you; you can't let Jon Jones off the hook after holding everyone else accountable. Context is everything but illegal drugs are illegal drugs.

10. scoopj

scoopj ackson

Seems to me you have it backwards. You can get away with taking cocaine, but get caught smoking weed and you're punished.

11. Kalmah

Kalmah Gold Belt

You're trolling right?

12. capnlarge

capnlarge Silver Belt

If the same test had found weed in Jones' system, I assume he wouldn't be punished because it was out of competition.

13. sevynnsynns

sevynnsynns Green Belt

Dude what the fuck are you talking about ? If u smoke weed u get punished to the fullest . Your argument makes no sense .

14. sevynnsynns

sevynnsynns Green Belt

Cocaine can be a performance enhancing drug, did u ever see someone in coke fight ? U can't stop them , u can hit them with everything n they keep coming like a terminator .

15. drkaratekid

drkaratekid Green Belt

Is it really that common to do coke? TS sure makes it sound that way

16. Jocke

Jocke Black Belt

No. It was done out of competition. Relevant text:

This means he was tested around a month before his actual fight, hence out of competition.
    It's pretty much irrelevant to the fight unless he also did coke on the same night of the fight (which would be speculation).

Also, I dont really care for Nick smoking pot, I dont believe it increases your performance in anyway unlike cocaine which definately would.

17. RenoBJJr

RenoBJJr We all know that was a catch.

TS what the fuck are you talking about? Everyone who tested positive for weed were suspended, and got their bonuses taken away. Pat Healy lost 130k for testing positive for weed, yet Bones isn't even fucking suspended.

Jon Jones is the definition of hypocrisy. The dude claims to be a christian, claims to be a role model, and in his own words "isn't the guy to get a DUI." He actually isn't just the dude to get a DUI, but fail his drug test for cocaine.

Jon got off fucking easy, and you're crying because fans aren't riding his sack like you and forgiving him right away? Get off his nuts. If he doesn't want fans criticizing him then don't test positive for coke, it's as simple as that.

18. RenoBJJr

RenoBJJr We all know that was a catch.

He was tested after the fight so there is no way he was on coke during the fight. He was atleast clean for a few days leading up to the fight.