Self Train/Learning

GoGhostman

White Belt
Reaction score
I've been doing bjj for a year, always been a hardcore mma fan, started doing classes, loved it.
Planning to get into Boxing to develop my standup for mma in the future and anything else I can get my hands on, and train my ass off 2times a day (or more) =)

I'm looking for things I can buy/do while I'm at home to improve my technique and condition (specific) even if a little bit. Yeah I know the just get your ass to the gym etc etc, and I was doing that. Unfortunatly had to leave the place where I was living, and move out (short-term) for a place that doesnt have any type of martial arts classes around.
Since I wont be doing that much improvement on my own, I was looking to just focusing on one thing, like really try to grasp all the basic of the jab technique (and using those conditioning exercices to help it).

It has to be something (or several things) that I can just go ahead and do it several times a day.
I'm not good with things that require planning, since the gym's around here are all smitch machine based (and other types of machines) I basically bought myself all the equipment required, have the olympic bar, a shitton of weights, bench, squat rack, pullup bar etc etc. and I did SS program for a while, but like I said I need stuff that u can just go ahead and do it.
I have a (semi) heavy bag, i guess its a heavy bag for beggines, but not much space to rlly work with it, i just go throw some punches at it.
My conditioning always has been a big issue, my muscles gas out pretty fast (also recover pretty fast after that), so was looking to work on that.
I was thinking along the lines of a speed-bag, double-end bad, lightweight kettlebells, ... ?

Where should I start?
I know it always depends on a lot of things, so just go ahead and ask me what it depends on, and ill just answer what i can

Build a slip bag and attach it to ur pullup bar. .shadow box at least 3 rounds a day and google shoutbox timer it is an awesome training device

Build a slip bag and attach it to ur pullup bar. .shadow box at least 3 rounds a day and google shoutbox timer it is an awesome training device

can be a nice addon for the future, but that isnt really a conditioning thing
I'd like something to help build my condition with the added benefit of improving my technique (or something that i can be doing with the focus of improving technique)

i've hanged a tennis ball to the ceiling and did something like that, but it just doesnt get you tired (im not doing any sports, i need to spend energy or else im only able to sleep at like 6am :icon_sad: )

thx I'll be watching some vids.
waiting for more advice on my OP

then i can start to learn more about technique while doing particular exercices
I love to be able to get good at flick jabs
couldnt find anything about that there, I probs injuried my shoulder already trying to throw randomly flick jabs, but they feel so awesome :p

Don't rush... be patient. Do it slowly at first. Watch lots of tape.

Prioritize skill work over strength and conditioning.

Try and find a boxing coach.

Don't rush... be patient. Do it slowly at first. Watch lots of tape.

Prioritize skill work over strength and conditioning.

Try and find a boxing coach.

? but thats exactly what I said in OP... no boxing coach, or mma coach, or bjj coach around here

i just want something that i can work on conditioning while gaining a bit of technique as well...

Thx guys, Ill certainly look at everything, looks awesome

But those are not exactly conditioning exercies (esp not to do solo), those are techniques tutorials (and I dont want to get overwhelmed)

I was looking for more like especific exercices to improve my conditioning (like if u said Speed bag or double end bag, or w/e others are they) and then I'd ask how to do them correctly, and how to use them to improve technique a little as well

For conditioning Ross Enamait has some good suited to boxing and MMA

Routine A:
Jab-cross continuous
Left turning kick continuous
Hooks (left right continuous)
Sit ups
Left side kick continuous
Jab cross continuous
Right turning kicks continuous
Hooks continuous
Sit ups
Right side kicks continuous

30 seconds each, 1 min break between each round. Do 5-10 rounds.*

Did you look at Sinister's instructional thread up top? Strongly suggest the heavy bag 101 routine, sounds like exactly what you want.

Jog.
Take a kilo weights and shadowbox straights, rips, hooks.

? but thats exactly what I said in OP... no boxing coach, or mma coach, or bjj coach around here

i just want something that i can work on conditioning while gaining a bit of technique as well...

I don't care what you said, try and find one.

Id suggest a jump rope. Wont help with technique but it will improve footwork which is key to good technique.

Where are you located that there's no boxing nearby? It's a pretty ubiquitous sport. No rec centers or Boys and Girls Clubs near you?

Hint: Boxing can't often be found online, so you'll have to find a place where people train and ask around.

Its 20 to 30minutes drive to the nearest, unfortunatly I dont have a car, so would end up being 1h30 time spent to get there.
This is not a long term situation, and thats why I awknolegde that Im not gonna be improving technique in boxing/mma

I just wanted some ideas on stuff that I could be doing on the meantime, that would really help me once I was back able to get into the gym (aka the work I done in the meantime on these exercices served for something).

So far for me jump ropes, and speed bag seem the best.
Ill try the shadow boxing with 1kg idea from Gavster too

I was looking to order a speed bag+platform+swivel, but the shipping costs are way to expensive from uk to portugal =/

this seemed like a good option, but way over the top transportation costs:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Everlast-...930?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5891c6a5c2

then this one (also transportation is 1/2 the price would be

Back