Self-driving cars and terrorism

Human life in the Middle East is already cheaper than cars. So, I don't think it'll make a difference.

The group of people who aren't smart enough to not leave their passports at the scene of the mass murder... are going to hijack Tesla's code and remotely force the cars to do their will?

Terrorists do that purposely to get credit for their attacks.

Has anyone ever brought this up or thought about this? Self-driving cars and car bombs are a pretty terrifying thought imo.
I thought this about drones. Now every kid has one.

The group of people who aren't smart enough to not leave their passports at the scene of the mass murder... are going to hijack Tesla's code and remotely force the cars to do their will?
No crazy skills needed, you just put a bomb in the thing. But I don't think it's anything to be especially worried about, because it's already easy enough for people to blow themselves up pretty much anywhere they would like, or to leave bombs in places.

Just seen a youtube vid of a new recreational drone with enough lift to carry the owner 12 feet in the air while snowboarding.

call it 170 lbs worth of payload. thats pretty dangerous.

a semi is still probably more destructive though

Self Driving Semi Trucks.

Not so sure why a self driving car makes a car bomb more effective. It's pretty easy to just park, walk away, then detonate.

If anything automated car technology would make it impossible for people to drive trucks into crowds, as the collision detection system wouldn't allow it.

futurama_bender_project_satan.jpg

I remember someone talking about this a few months ago. If somehow the whole system was hacked and 50 million cars in the country just took off at a hundred miles per hour in a straight line. Now that would create some terror.

Has anyone ever brought this up or thought about this? Self-driving cars and car bombs are a pretty terrifying thought imo.
It would be a great way to shut down a city. Detonate some self driving cars during evening rush hour. Nobody gets home. The city riots.

Feasible, but requires some technical skills. It's easier for them to just use real cars to do something like what was just done in Berlin.

You guys make it sound like there aren't already a 100,000 other ways to mess things up.

I've thought of it, but self driving cars should be able to sense people in the car, and the developers for SURE have looked into it....

there are some ways to overcome sensors though, like seating a dummy or an actual dead person in the car, not sure how a sensor would overcome that. Hacking the software would probably be impossible.

Yea. Been worried about the use of drones or anything that can me controlled without a person in it. A militarized drone or self driving car could do a lot of damage and the person get away with it

Back