self defense proficiency?

My coach works with cops and firemen. It's bread and butter stuff. But most of them don't even know a little. Cops in AZ have killed people by trying to choke their trachea with their forearm instead of a decent RNC.

I think people get this idea that cops and military get all this combatives training. If they get any at all, it's usually useless garbage..

the us army does get combatives training and the grappling portion is based on gracie jiu jtisu.

the us army does get combatives training and the grappling portion is based on gracie jiu jtisu.

The Army guys I talk with say they don't get enough of it.....it all depends on what unit your with.

I always thought the police got decent training. Now I'm a little scared for them.

I always thought the police got decent training. Now I'm a little scared for them.

Not at all.....most departments have training once a year......AOT. It costs too much to provide more training and plus the manpower problems.

The Army guys I talk with say they don't get enough of it.....it all depends on what unit your with.

I used to do it. Compared to actual training, it is not much at all.

Compared to nothing, it is truly incredible.

I used to do it. Compared to actual training, it is not much at all.

Compared to nothing, it is truly incredible.

At least the Army recognized the effectiveness of BJJ. It took the Marines a little longer to figure out the Line Training sucked and now they have their MCMAP. I could be better but you have all these fucks wanting to put in there style of martial art into the program and now it is not as good as the Army's. It needs a new revamp.

If someone pokes me in the eye while I'm choking them out, I will return them the favor.

Within 6 months of BJJ training, I never lost to a newb. Even if they were big guys, I could at least neutralize them. At 180 lbs I dominated 230+ lb day 1 guys. So I'd say 6 months and odds are you could take some random person off the streets.

Take into consideration though, when these big newby guys come in they arent pissed and trying to kill you. They arent even throwing punches. Throw in the element of striking and being extremely pissed off and it could be a completely different ball game. I say high level white maybe, but I doubt that... I would still have to go with a blue belt.

No, i'm talking about grappling techniques. You can't beat strikes using eye gouges, but you can blind someone who's trying to triangle you. Or stomp to the groin when they have an open guard. Not talking about beating standup mma or ground and pound, just a huge number of bjj moves and stances

I don't need to see to triangle someone and how the hell are you going to stomp on my nuts if you are in my guard

I don't need to see to triangle someone and how the hell are you going to stomp on my nuts if you are in my guard

Lmao his logic is hilarious. When you're caught in a submission you don't think "EYES EYES, GROIN GROIN" you think "What the fuck is going on" and you struggled to get out and waste your energy and oxygen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back