Selective service and FAFSA websites crashes amid fears of draft

I think even for voting registration too. I remember I applied for a job with the state and I had to give my SSA #

Are conscientious objectors discriminated against in employment opportunities with the government?

I follow College wrestling and it's crazy the amount of True Freshman that are stepping in and competing right away.

I graduated HS in 2003 and back than it was a huge deal if a True Freshman made All American and now they routinely have some that are competing for a National title right off the bat.

Dont think athletes are a good representation of average guys

Personally i think physical shape of average first world guy has gone down but the physical shape of athletes have gone up

No draft for gulf war , Afghan and Iraq war but now we want the fattest out of shape ppl American has ever seen? Nah

And Koscheck redshirted so he had a full year in a D1 room before he started.

Interestingly I don't think he ever won a state title in PA, but was able to AA 4 times and bring back a National Title.

2 years ago Spencer Lee pulled his redshirt half way through the year. He was less than a year away from an ACL tear and he dominated the national tournament pinning a Former NCAA champ in the semis.

I don't follow college basketball (except when a Big 5 team makes a run) but I'm betting underclassmen now are better than they were 15 years ago as well.
oh very true
Kawhi, for instance, led the entire Mountain West Conf in Rebounds Per Game his true freshmen year

AS A SF. was 9th in the entire NCAA as a SO

No idea, don’t have the balls to try it when looking for a job lol

I've applied for government jobs too and IIRC the questionnaires always ask if you're registered with SS or have an approved exemption. I would think that means COs have the same opportunities as men who registered.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think Conscientious Objectors are given an exemption, not automatically at least
it's hard to say b/c the sites are down (hahahah) but the exemptions i'm seeing are:
Transgenders
currently on Active Duty
not 18 or over 25
it you're form Micronesia, Palau, Marshall Islands
etc

edit they have to still register
CONSCIENTIOUS OBJECTORS

Men, who would be classified as CONSCIENTIOUS OBJECTORS if they were drafted, must register with Selective Service. If a draft begins and they are called, they would have the opportunity to file a claim for exemption from military service based upon their religious or moral objection to war.

https://www.selectiveservicenumber.org/who-must-register

Last edited:
was thinking of an Iran trip this year, but the US has kinda fucked that up now

I follow College wrestling and it's crazy the amount of True Freshman that are stepping in and competing right away.

I graduated HS in 2003 and back than it was a huge deal if a True Freshman made All American and now they routinely have some that are competing for a National title right off the bat.

Is that a positive or negative for millennials? Could just mean the talent pool is weaker now than in 2003.

Is that a positive or negative for millennials? Could just mean the talent pool is weaker now than in 2003.

They are also doing much better at International competitions.

Steve Mocco was a couple of years older than me and he was the phenom taking 2nd at NCAAs as a true Freshman which was crazy at the time.

But at Junior World's he took 4th and I think he got manhandled by one of the guys.

The most recent phenom HWY is Gable Steveson who also just took 2nd as a true freshman HWT. But he petitioned to go to Junior World's when he was a year to young to compete.

They accepted his petition and he won Jr World's which also sealed the team title for the US.

I think these kids are just better.

Also current HS kids aren't millennials. Millennials were born between 1981 and 1996, so I'm a millennial

TBF, the idiot trying to call in this fire mission is IN that division:

@HunterSdVa29 or whatever LifeIsNotFair's new name is told me about that and I was floored.

TBF, it's not as dangerous as the show makes it out to be. The target is laser sighted and guided. If you called in an air strike that close w/o lasers than it's DANGER CLOSE.

TBF, it's not as dangerous as the show makes it out to be. The target is laser sighted and guided. If you called in an air strike that close w/o lasers than it's DANGER CLOSE.
I kind of get that but weren't they calling in grid coordinates?

The laser sight he's using is just a range finder. Plus there's plenty of other dumb shit that dude apparently did:

"A certain severely retarded company commander in the name of Encino Man... duct taped his Humvee windows shut"

Nothing the young does today surprises me anymore. Every generation fucked off some, but this generation is just plain stupid when it comes to life skills.

Zero psychosocial competency.

I kind of get that but weren't they calling in grid coordinates?

The laser sight he's using is just a range finder. Plus there's plenty of other dumb shit that dude apparently did:

"A certain severely retarded company commander in the name of Encino Man... duct taped his Humvee windows shut"

For sure there is a lot of dumb shit I'm not saying there isn't but in that case, it's not that dumb. I thought they sighted with a laser in the show? It's been a while and I can't watch the clip right now. I just recalled it from memory.

For sure there is a lot of dumb shit I'm not saying there isn't but in that case, it's not that dumb. I thought they sighted with a laser in the show? It's been a while and I can't watch the clip right now. I just recalled it from memory.
I know they're using a laser to sight in the distance to the target but it doesn't look like a laser target designator type system. At least the show portrays it as far more similar to the laser rangefinder that hunters use.

I say that as the very next scene has Captain Patterson, the guy that's portrayed as the COMPETENT company commander in the battalion calling in grid coordinates to someone behind them who responds "Captain Patterson, your grid coordinates ARE correct, fire mission commencing" and the way the rounds rain is like they're fired from artillery instead of laser guided.

Probably been suggested but the US should put together an 'Incel Corp'.

Incel's have all this pent up rage and want to kill. I see it as win/win.

Probably been suggested but the US should put together an 'Incel Corp'.

Incel's have all this pent up rage and want to kill. I see it as win/win.

Fuck that. Florida Man platoon

No one would stand up against that

Back