Selective criteria judging has to stop, it’s been ruining mma

2004 account

For a fair sport/true mma fan, ain't no shill
@Silver
Reaction score
When will the day come where we get a fool proof, corruptless judging system in mma ?

Yesterday we saw MM lose despite outstriking, landing more damage and stuffing many takedowns. I’m not mad at the result though funnily enough because I wanted DJ to lose, I really did...but fairly. Not like this. I honestly wanted to see DJ get ktfo, or submitted in extraordinary fashion. Instead he got wrestlefucked and not a scratch to his face. Meanwhile cejudo took many heavy blows like body kicks and punches to the face. It was clear who inficlited more damage.

When Romero lost, a similar thing happened, only it was a closer fight damage wise admittably. But still though, the fighter that dealt more damage and knocked down the other fighter multiple times while not being floored himself, lost the fight. You can argue all you want but you must recognize that it takes a special strike to temporarily short circuit someone’s brain and floor them. It’s an accurate strike with pin point precision or sometimes a lucky strike, that connects on the opponent’s weak point and as a result causes a clear reaction of pain, instability and shows a clear shift in the fight.

These are undeniable events in fights that can’t just get ignored, swept under the rug, or underestimated using some bs subjective reasoning or logic. It’s an evident result of a significant strike and yet it sometimes gets passed up and not even scored or taken into account. What the fuck is that about?! meanwhile a takedown that isn’t even secured where the opponent gets right back up, or a td without any follow up punches elbows or sub attempts, gets scored higher? Gtfo!

It’s so selective that sometimes the point fighter wins, sometimes the wrestlefucker wins, there is no consistency in the judging and they are not being held accountable for bad decisions. You got company men like Rogan who could be more verbal about it and call them out about shit like that but they usually don’t. Of course he will be the first to call out that dumbass ice bucket boy who spills ice cubes by mistake and goes into a fit of rage about it, but will act all nonchalant and silent when a fight ends as a controversial decision and the victory given to the fighter who clearly did less and doesn’t deserve it. Ok maybe Rogan isn’t the best example but in general no one really speaks out against this shit in a meaningful way and it sucks.

At the end of the day It’s a fight, the main criteria should be damage, shouldn’t it ? Since that’s the main objective,the ufc is based on fighting, its even included in its name: ultimate FIGHTING championship, and to win a fight you need to do more fighting, fighting = damage. Supposedly. They program you into believing that effective fighting that wins fights is mostly about control. It isn’t. It’s purely about damage. That is the main criteria, the end all be all. No way of refutting that.

You can misconstrue it anyway you like and say it’s sports entertainment more than a sport and get into the semantics of the purposefully vague criteria, but it isn’t as hard to judge a fight as they wanna make it seem. This is a sport but it’s still modeled after real fighting is it not ? Therefore inflicting demonstrable damage and knocking down/out your opponent should score higher than strikes that don’t and definitely higher than takedowns that aren’t followed up by anything significant, should they not?

Do we agree or not? Be honest and fair, leave your biases aside and think about it a second.

Its gotten so bad that it’s like they only take damage into account when it’s convenient for the oddsmakers which is shady as fuck. Any fight that goes to a decision nowadays has a 50% chance of getting a tampered/fixed result I feel. It depends heavily on how the odds were stacked or if there is an agenda in place to make a certain fighter win and progress in his/her career because he is marketable (or put a halt to a fighter’s career if he is an unmarketable fighter.) It’s become so obvious by now that anyone who doesn’t see is either dumb or in denial. Stop being a fanboy and protect the integrity of the sport.

The day when fanboys of their favorite fighters start being honest and raise their voices out against this clear corruption will be the day something is finally done about it.

Until then we will continue to be taken for fools, because we give this shadiness a safe haven and even enable it by parroting the words “don’t leave it to the judges”. The worse fans are those that know all this shadiness goes on but still let their sense of fanboyism dominate and not their sense of fairness ethics and integrity. We saw that happen many times here on sherdog and it’s downright sad. A society filled with people who are willing to look the other way when they see something unfair. Churchill would be proud.

Just watch closely and pay attention to what Dana typically says after these questionable decisions at post fight press conferences. They always go the same, he nervously and preemptously deflects by saying something like “I had it really close, it could’ve gone either way, but what do I know, don’t listen to me”. Isn’t it clear he is conditioning the masses into believing that the ufc has nothing to do with fixing decisions, and furthermore that nothing can be done to improve mma judging? He has repeated this almost verbatim a couple of times even.

“Don’t leave it to the judges” is basically saying to everyone, this is a fixed sport, where the rules are fucked up so don’t leave it to the rules. You just might get screwed. It’s Unacceptable and it’s dissapointing that we are in 2018 and more mma media don’t call them out on this.

At the end of the day this isn’t about our favorite fighter winning or losing that controversial decision, it should be about demanding a cleaner and legit sport, one that is transparent and free of corruption, or at least one that tries to be. They aren’t even trying!

I remember the saying
“The best way to rob a bank is by owning one” And It applies perfectly here.

I know I’ll get some rancid responses but I’m just being honest. More than they are, and I stand behind my opinion 100% because I believe that change is possible but it’ll take much more public outcry.

If you want a cleaner and more transparent sport then you would speak out on it, it’s that simple. Do the right thing.

mma judging is one major gig I'm looking forward to AI replacing

When will the day come where we get a fool proof, corruptless judging system in mma ?

Yesterday we saw MM lose despite outstriking, landing more damage and stuffing many takedowns. I’m not mad at the result though funnily enough because I wanted DJ to lose, I really did...but fairly. Not like this. I honestly wanted to see DJ get ktfo, or submitted in extraordinary fashion. Instead he got wrestlefucked and not a scratch to his face. Meanwhile cejudo took many heavy blows like body kicks and punches to the face. It was clear who inficlited more damage.

When Romero lost, a similar thing happened, only it was a closer fight damage wise admittably. But still though, the fighter that dealt more damage and knocked down the other fighter multiple times while not being floored himself, lost the fight. You can argue all you want but you must recognize that it takes a special strike to temporarily short circuit someone’s brain and floor them. It’s an accurate strike with pin point precision or sometimes a lucky strike, that connects on the opponent’s weak point and as a result causes a clear reaction of pain, instability and shows a clear shift in the fight.

These are undeniable events in fights that can’t just get ignored, swept under the rug, or underestimated using some bs subjective reasoning or logic. It’s an evident result of a significant strike and yet it sometimes gets passed up and not even scored or taken into account. What the fuck is that about?! meanwhile a takedown that isn’t even secured where the opponent gets right back up, or a td without any follow up punches elbows or sub attempts, gets scored higher? Gtfo!

It’s so selective that sometimes the point fighter wins, sometimes the wrestlefucker wins, there is no consistency in the judging and they are not being held accountable for bad decisions. You got company men like Rogan who could be more verbal about it and call them out about shit like that but they usually don’t. Of course he will be the first to call out that dumbass ice bucket boy who spills ice cubes by mistake and goes into a fit of rage about it, but will act all nonchalant and silent when a fight ends as a controversial decision and the victory given to the fighter who clearly did less and doesn’t deserve it. Ok maybe Rogan isn’t the best example but in general no one really speaks out against this shit in a meaningful way and it sucks.

At the end of the day It’s a fight, the main criteria should be damage, shouldn’t it ? Since that’s the main objective,the ufc is based on fighting, its even included in its name: ultimate FIGHTING championship, and to win a fight you need to do more fighting, fighting = damage. Supposedly. They program you into believing that effective fighting that wins fights is mostly about control. It isn’t. It’s purely about damage. That is the main criteria, the end all be all. No way of refutting that.

You can misconstrue it anyway you like and say it’s sports entertainment more than a sport and get into the semantics of the purposefully vague criteria, but it isn’t as hard to judge a fight as they wanna make it seem. This is a sport but it’s still modeled after real fighting is it not ? Therefore inflicting demonstrable damage and knocking down/out your opponent should score higher than strikes that don’t and definitely higher than takedowns that aren’t followed up by anything significant, should they not?

Do we agree or not? Be honest and fair, leave your biases aside and think about it a second.

Its gotten so bad that it’s like they only take damage into account when it’s convenient for the oddsmakers which is shady as fuck. Any fight that goes to a decision nowadays has a 50% chance of getting a tampered/fixed result I feel. It depends heavily on how the odds were stacked or if there is an agenda in place to make a certain fighter win and progress in his/her career because he is marketable (or put a halt to a fighter’s career if he is an unmarketable fighter.) It’s become so obvious by now that anyone who doesn’t see is either dumb or in denial. Stop being a fanboy and protect the integrity of the sport.

The day when fanboys of their favorite fighters start being honest and raise their voices out against this clear corruption will be the day something is finally done about it.

Until then we will continue to be taken for fools, because we give this shadiness a safe haven and even enable it by parroting the words “don’t leave it to the judges”. The worse fans are those that know all this shadiness goes on but still let their sense of fanboyism dominate and not their sense of fairness ethics and integrity. We saw that happen many times here on sherdog and it’s downright sad. A society filled with people who are willing to look the other way when they see something unfair. Churchill would be proud.

Just watch closely and pay attention to what Dana typically says after these questionable decisions at post fight press conferences. They always go the same, he nervously and preemptously deflects by saying something like “I had it really close, it could’ve gone either way, but what do I know, don’t listen to me”. Isn’t it clear he is conditioning the masses into believing that the ufc has nothing to do with fixing decisions, and furthermore that nothing can be done to improve mma judging? He has repeated this almost verbatim a couple of times even.

“Don’t leave it to the judges” is basically saying to everyone, this is a fixed sport, where the rules are fucked up so don’t leave it to the rules. You just might get screwed. It’s Unacceptable and it’s dissapointing that we are in 2018 and more mma media don’t call them out on this.

At the end of the day this isn’t about our favorite fighter winning or losing that controversial decision, it should be about demanding a cleaner and legit sport, one that is transparent and free of corruption, or at least one that tries to be. They aren’t even trying!

I remember the saying
“The best way to rob a bank is by owning one” And It applies perfectly here.

I know I’ll get some rancid responses but I’m just being honest. More than they are, and I stand behind my opinion 100% because I believe that change is possible but it’ll take much more public outcry.

If you want a cleaner and more transparent sport then you would speak out on it, it’s that simple. Do the right thing.

TLDR;

You suck as a fan if you are helping enable a corrupt sport.

you want a point competition, like Karate and Freestyle?

look, round 2 was close. where i watched, it was about split down the middle. waddyagonnado.

Don't agree in this case, but they could pick three random fans at each event to judge the fights and I'm certain we'd have better decisions than the political hires from the athletic commissions. Not hyperbole, I truly believe that.

The day we factor in the viewers vote honestly. We're all watching the fight too and most of the time we have a lot better angle than the judges. Big judging table
Plus viewers vote for consideration. That's just my opinion though.

Guys deducing from your ultra quick responses , you couldn’t have even read the whole post. How about giving it a fair read and then forming an opinion?

He did lose fairly. He got walked down on the feet and put on his ass repeatedly. Lol @ you

Most fans and people on this board think the judges got it right last night based on the polls that took place after the fight the average person scored 2, 4 and 5 to cejudo

What do you mean?

Exactly what I said. How do you think people like Adalaide Byrd end up as judges? They are appointed by the athletic commissions. Meaning they know the right people. It's all cronyism. It's why they are never fired or face any consequences, because it means the other political hires on the athletic commissions can be fired for incompetence too. They cover for each other.

Back