Seen any good documentaries since the pandemic began?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I watched McMillion$ about the McDonalds Monopoly scam on HBO yesterday. It's really interesting because they got so many people that were involved in the scam to do interviews as well as several FBI agents that worked the case. I ended up watching all six episodes in one sitting.
skynews-mcmillions-mcdonalds_5003735.jpg

Antarctica a Year on Ice is another good one I watched recently. Its about the ordinary (non-scientist) people that live on Antarctica some seasonally some all year round. Its really interesting how the place functions.

Movie_Poster_Winter_27x40_2.jpg

I think we've all seen Tiger King.

Seen any good documentaries since the Pandemic began?

The Last Dance obviously, v good. I watched the Undertaker one, not that good for me, I was hoping for more of a career type thing but most was recent, I haven't watched wrestling for years.

Rise of the Warrior Apes
ezgif-6-19102890b5d1.jpg

The Farthest
ezgif-6-3f83a1566235.jpg

Both are thought provoking shit

I saw this documentary about Jungle Fight and Wallid Ismail. I can’t remember what it was called, but it was free on Vudu. I thought it was going to be about the historic fights that happened in the org, but it was more about the modern fighters coming up. Still, it was pretty good. I know it had jungle in the name.

I watched, or rather listened to the Series on the Black Death on Amazon.

The Last Dance

And lately I've been watching youtube vids (not really documentaries) about the console wars between Nintendo and Sega and that's been pretty interesting.

The Last Dance

And lately I've been watching youtube vids (not really documentaries) about the console wars between Nintendo and Sega and that's been pretty interesting.
I saw some of those too. Saw one about Sega of America vs Sega of Japan too. The video game "wars" back then were really interesting. The Gaming Historian series is really well done.

tom dowd and the language of music if you can find it. Its about the birth of multitrack recording and the impact it had on music. Good stuff if you like that sort of thing.

Watched:

The Ted Bundy Tapes
LA 92
Free Solo
The Jeffrey Epstein documentary

And a documentary on climbing K2 that I can't remember the name of, it was an Eddie Bauer rewards member exclusive that I got in my email. Also started watching The Last Dance, but only finished the 1st episode so far.

EDIT: Also watched the Aaron Hernandez documentary. Forgot about that one.

Last edited:
The Last Dance-Over Rated
Murder On The Bayou-EXCELLENT
Wu Tang Clan of Mics and Men-EXCELLENT
The Forgotten West Memphis Three-EXCELLENT....Must watch
Epstein Filthy Rich-EXCELLENT
Aaron Hernandez Killer Inside-EXCELLENT

The history of black stand-up dating back to slavery times.
From minstrel shows to Dick Gregory to Richard Pryor, all the way to modern times .

McMillions was very good. I also liked Foosballers quite a bit.

foosballers_clr_2.jpg

Last edited:
I watched the five-part series on YouTube about Peter Brock and the development of the Shelby Daytona coupe.

Background: After Carroll Shelby developed the 289 and 427 Cobras the team found that these cars were fast on short courses but their poor aerodynamics limited their top speed on courses like Daytona and Le Mans. Peter Brock developed the Daytona coupe on his own time. It was showing real promise as it was 10 MPH faster than the Cobras. It was about this time that Ford came around to have Shelby help with the development of the GT40 and the Daytona coupe was pushed to the background. Several Daytona coupes can be seen in the recent Ford v Ferrari along with the wooden buck used to construct the bodies.

Part 1: The Need for a Faster Cobra

Part 2: The Project in the Corner

Part 3: Lap Records Fall

Part 4: The Daytona Tests In Europe

Part 5: The Daytona Races In Europe

Back