Seems like Rory vs Lombard isn't a done deal...

doomy200

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Lombard just tweeted to Rory recently saying:

https://twitter.com/HectorLombard

Hector LombardVerified account
‏@HectorLombard
@rory_macdonald lest make this fight happen Brotha

Before that, Lombard also tweeted:

Hector LombardVerified account
‏@HectorLombard
Damn Someone got the wrong news!

Strange. Looks like there may be a problem.

No win situation for Rory. No win situation for the UFC. I don't think this fight gets made.

And Johnson will just hit you with a jab and you'll go down.. Yes, we all see the future so clearly

Like bobby green did?

Haha yeah right he will be walking on crutches after getting stopped with leg kicks

Whats the issue, he wants the fight in Australia?

Well yeah, it was reported that it was VERBALLY agreed to and there was an event targeted. That doesn't mean it is a done deal.

Lots can come up when the managers and their fighters sit down and make correspondence with the UFC brass.

Brilliant AV. I don't think I've seen that before.. Or I forgot.

Hah, it was actually another users from AGES ago here, can't remember the name. Given your account date I'm betting you've seen it before. :wink:

I like this fight...I think it makes sense given this stupid trilogy nobody wants to see

I really hope this fight doesn't happen. I'd rather see Rory wait for Hendricks/Lawler III and Lombard fight Condit or Brown/Saffiedine winner

yAZoKxq.jpg

I'd still rather see MacDonald vs Lawler. If I was Rory I would not fight Lombard in Australia. Because who knows what will happen. The judges may try and screw him over and give Lombard a decision he didn't earn. Have the fight on neutral territory.

He already has earned a title shot and doesn't owe Hector anything.

Unless they're going to give Rory a TS next, this is the best option.

Rory is next in line after the trilogy. Too much risk. If he beats Lombard then the UFC loses a challenger after Rory fights for the championship.

I'd still rather see MacDonald vs Lawler. If I was Rory I would not fight Lombard in Australia. Because who knows what will happen. The judges may try and screw him over and give Lombard a decision he didn't earn. Have the fight on neutral territory.

He already has earned a title shot and doesn't owe Hector anything.

Where are the tin foil hats?

Back