Seemingly "weakest" one punch KO in UFC history?

Don Frye dropped some guy hector Ramirez I think with a jab

Dude was huge

X4QlJ1.gif

Not MMA. But this KO from boxing always looked weird.
George Foreman vs Michael Moorer
8NRYVKb.gif

The Lawler punch is deceptive. He walked into it.

When Heath knocked out that guy for kissing him during the referee instructions

Not MMA. But this KO from boxing always looked weird.
George Foreman vs Michael Moorer
8NRYVKb.gif

ESPN did a great one hour program about this fight. I remember, watching the fight on TV, when this happened I was surprised, but the KO was so extraordinary that didn't matter.
In the documentary, George tells how he took punishment for ten rounds waiting to find Moorer in the right position. When he found Michael in the right place, he thought he would KO him out with the first punch, but hit him on the upper-nose/forehead, and the second punch landed correctly. Moorer said that basically he was KOed with the first punch and after the second punch "my body was dead".
Seemingly it was a sequence of two weak punches, but the amount of energy they carried could KO a horse. You can see that, after connecting the second punch, George's expression shows he knows Moorer was done.
Teddy Atlas was Moorer's coach and he was in his corner that night, and he tells how he saw from the beginning what George was doing and tried to convince Moorer not to fall into the trap.
That was an incredible KO.

Sakuraba vs Ken Shamrock
Don Frye vs fat Ramirez at ufc 8

Makes you wonder what kind of shit the Yakuza had on Ernesto Hoost to not fight back against him.

You're right about the body kick, that's my impression too... Even an arm/shoulder injury, but not a cracked none in his face, not from that punch... Which looked like it grazed him at best.
Thought the straight left drilled him

I imagine it’s been said, but Lutter Eastman was the first to come to mind. That’s the fish in the barrel.

vkk075fo8wkz.gif

Considering Manhoef was walking backwards AND Hunt's legendary chin, this was shocking to me. I mean, the man took a prime Crocop kick to the face.

Every great chin dies, dude he took multiple left head kicks from Mirko and jumped up like a jack in the box.

ESPN did a great one hour program about this fight. I remember, watching the fight on TV, when this happened I was surprised, but the KO was so extraordinary that didn't matter.
In the documentary, George tells how he took punishment for ten rounds waiting to find Moorer in the right position. When he found Michael in the right place, he thought he would KO him out with the first punch, but hit him on the upper-nose/forehead, and the second punch landed correctly. Moorer said that basically he was KOed with the first punch and after the second punch "my body was dead".
Seemingly it was a sequence of two weak punches, but the amount of energy they carried could KO a horse. You can see that, after connecting the second punch, George's expression shows he knows Moorer was done.
Teddy Atlas was Moorer's coach and he was in his corner that night, and he tells how he saw from the beginning what George was doing and tried to convince Moorer not to fall into the trap.
That was an incredible KO.

I know very little about boxing so correct me if wrong but didn't George Foreman essentially have cinder blocks for hands?

Back