Seemingly "weakest" one punch KO in UFC history?

A lot of these punches just prove how significant it is to land a strike that you don't see coming as opposed to perhaps a huge overhand that lands and is effective but perhaps not as concussive as they can be seen from a mile away.

Check hook right on the chin. Jesus christ there have literally been 4 check hooks posted in this thread. It's an extremely powerful punch.

daay.gif

Paul "Wanna See a Dead Body" Daley...

GOAT HL reel. I've been a fan of his since he was fighting bums at The Troxy.

Yeah man, I read this... I still don't believe he was even injured, do you?

I've heard at different times that in that fight is broke his jaw, arm, collarbone, orbital, cheekbone, and hand... I've also heard varying versions of the damage. He says cracked eye socket - that's not even a medical term... Dude is full of more shit than a Porta-potty, and these days he's shameless too.

Entertaining in his day though.

Yeah man, I read this... I still don't believe he was even injured, do you?

I've heard at different times that in that fight is broke his jaw, arm, collarbone, orbital, cheekbone, and hand... I've also heard varying versions of the damage. He says cracked eye socket - that's not even a medical term... Dude is full of more shit than a Porta-potty, and these days he's shameless too.

Entertaining in his day though.
Probably not. I remember watching it when it happened and initially thinking Mirko had landed the kick on the liver, shutting him down. His reaction was very similar to a liver shot stoppage.

Sapp had like two or three legit showings early in his career where he seemed intent on winning. The rest were nothing more than appearance fees.

Probably not. I remember watching it when it happened and initially thinking Mirko had landed the kick on the liver, shutting him down. His reaction was very similar to a liver shot stoppage.

Sapp had like two or three legit showings early in his career where he seemed intent on winning. The rest were nothing more than appearance fees.
Makes you wonder what kind of shit the Yakuza had on Ernesto Hoost to not fight back against him.

You're right about the body kick, that's my impression too... Even an arm/shoulder injury, but not a cracked none in his face, not from that punch... Which looked like it grazed him at best.

Weidman backhanding an arm punch, fully extended, and KOing Anderoid. I lol'd. What an embarrassing way to end your streak.......showboating and getting slept with a 10% arm punch because you blinked while making faces.
Except that it was a pretty hard left hook that KO'd Anderson.

Chris-Weidman-Knock-Out-Anderson-Silva.jpg 4341f2a843a8cd6d5ddc8a7998d7c448.png

Except that it was a pretty hard left hook that KO'd Anderson.

View attachment 754459 View attachment 754461
LOL, it took way too long for a couple of you to correct my intentional slandering of Silva.

You're right, the actual KO blow had some force.....it was still thrown off balance and nowhere near his full power but was right on the button and enough to shut him down.

LOL, it took way too long for a couple of you to correct my intentional slandering of Silva.

You're right, the actual KO blow had some force.....it was still thrown off balance and nowhere near his full power but was right on the button and enough to shut him down.
For sure - not a full power shot but a pretty damn good left hook that hit perfectly on the button and Anderson in such a weird position.

But I know what you mean - those weird ass flurries punches that Weedman threw and then connecting with that left hook.

Come on man, anybody can find this stuff....

Very similar to Arlovski/Buentello.....short, snapping, counter with perfect placement.

Their first fight was a war, and Ali picked Liston apart. He was way too fast for Liston.
But the second fight was a ridiculous farce, and even when Liston went down Ali started shouting at him, not even Ali believed that his punch could put Liston away. It was a joke. Liston was a terrifying heavyweight, but seems that after losing the title to Ali he went to the bottle, and for the second fight he just wanted the money. It was really very sad.
In the documentary "Facing Ali", George Chuvalo speaks at length about this fight.

Their first fight was a war, and Ali picked Liston apart. He was way too fast for Liston.
But the second fight was a ridiculous farce, and even when Liston went down Ali started shouting at him, not even Ali believed that his punch could put Liston away. It was a joke. Liston was a terrifying heavyweight, but seems that after losing the title to Ali he went to the bottle, and for the second fight he just wanted the money. It was really very sad.
In the documentary "Facing Ali", George Chuvalo speaks at length about this fight.
Will check out the Facing Ali doc.....Chuvalo was a beast!

No arguments here....the first fight was legendary. You could tell Liston was only there for the money in the rematch....however that was a better punch than most people think it was. Liston was a scary dude for sure, but massively overrated imo.

I dont get why people think it was a soft shot if they actually watched the broadcast, where a minute later you see Chuck's lip split in two.

Chuck Split 2 3.png

For me it was just cause I was an inexperienced viewer only starting to get into MMA. Now I can see it was a solid shot.

Even with Misha/Oozdemir, which does indeed look unbelievably weak, I can at least now understand that behind the ear causes weird effects.

Last edited:
Back