Seeing your dad cry: Updated 5/10/21

Saw my father cry once,
when my sister died.

Never want to see that again.
If I had to guess,
that was probably the first he cried since he was like 9.

That shit changed him 4ever.
sorry to hear that

ive never seen my dad, my grandfather or my brother cry. not sure if i want to

Sure. When his mom and brother passed.

Oddly my kids said the same thing about me when my mom passed earlier this year. I don't think I'm cut off emotionally.

Teared up a bit due to joy when my kid scored 4 out of 5 goals in their championship game. Last one with like 10 seconds left in the game to get the game winner after being tied or behind all game.

I've seen my dad cry multiple times. He's cried at my wedding, and my sister's weddings, at my brothers funeral and at some of his friends funerals.

My dad is in no way shape or form, some loose cannon that cries at the drop of a dime, but I think he has learned to show emotions because of how stoic his father was towards him and promised never to be that way towards my sister, my brother and me.

The cancer, over time, has spread into his left shin. They radiated. Then it spread to his right shin. They radiated. Back to his left shin. Radiated x5. He now thinks it's in his ankle.

I've got a feeling that the clock is now truly winding down. I hope he makes it to Father's Day. He's to the point now where even getting in and out of the car takes too much energy. He's had valleys before and rallied, but this one feels different somehow.

The cancer, over time, has spread into his left shin. They radiated. Then it spread to his right shin. They radiated. Back to his left shin. Radiated x5. He now thinks it's in his ankle.

I've got a feeling that the clock is now truly winding down. I hope he makes it to Father's Day. He's to the point now where even getting in and out of the car takes too much energy. He's had valleys before and rallied, but this one feels different somehow.
Sorry to hear that brother. Take joy in knowing that you have a good relationship with your father.

My father has the misfortune of having poor relationships with both of his parents, and all three of his kids.

It was kind of wild.
He collapsed and hit his head for an heart attack (caused by liver problems he has had for some years), but he wouldn't go to hospital.
So we stole the number of his lover from his phone (we all in the family had known this for years) because she is a doctor and could convince him with a diangnosis, since he's a doctor too and gets stubborn and won't listen.

He survived the whole shit but he doesn't have much to live.

The hilarious part was the faces of everyone when the lover got in, it was awkward as shit.
At the end she even said "aww I'm sad we had to meet in such circumstances".
Thinking about it it's probably the best possible situation.

this is kinda pulling tthings out of the past but was you dad married at that time? Where was you mom?

this is kinda pulling tthings out of the past but was you dad married at that time? Where was you mom?

Ironically I visited Sherdog today after like 6 months (I've been living with my fresh fiancée so I don't have much lonely watching the pc time). I'm getting shit out of the past too it seems.

Yeah he was and still is, my mom was in the house and she was the one who made the call even (the idea was my twin brother's).

never did see him cry. then again, i only saw him 2 times in 34 years, so...
that's about it.

Twice:

When there was a decent possibility we'd be sent back to Communist Hungary. That would have been really, really bad.

When we spread my mom's ashes.

Both legit man reasons as far as I'm concerned.

Never seen my dad cry. He has no emotions, aside from a forced laugh, when someone makes a joke.

My dad cries out of happiness fairly often, weddings, meeting his grandkids for the first time. He’s a Vietnam vet and pretty level headed in hard times, but a bit of a softie when things are good. He cried when the family cat died, he’d had the cat since he and my mom starting dating, and later when my brother died of cancer, though he was working to calm my mother at that moment so he still had some composure.

I’ve never cried in front of my daughter and doubt I ever will.

I’ve laughed till I’ve cried admittedly but that isn’t the same.

Never seen mine cry
He's more the kind of man that react to extreme stress with long silence followed by rage if shit keep going (i think we are similar at that), but he's good man and had very rough early life

3. On Sunday, three days after his late-stage cancer diagnosis when he was talking about how he's not ready to go and how he's going to miss me and his grandchildren
Sorry to read that man, wish everything goes taking the least painful path possible

Back