Seeing your dad cry: Updated 5/10/21

I have never seen my father cry. My father and uncles have never cried now that I think about it. Only seen my mom and aunts cry. I cry thought :(
There's no shame in it, mateface. Husband is the most stoic man I know but he cried when we had some bad health news last year and when his brother died the year before. He tried not to cry in front of me but it's difficult when you're expecting the worst news about your spouse's health.

There's no shame in it, mateface. Husband is the most stoic man I know but he cried when we had some bad health news last year and when his brother died the year before. He tried not to cry in front of me but it's difficult when you're expecting the worst news about your spouse's health.
Now you bout to make me tear up. I’ve been an emotional wreck since Covid hit. My mental health issues from panic attacks to depression have came back and I hadn’t had an episode in over 15 years.

Now you bout to make me tear up. I’ve been an emotional wreck since Covid hit. My mental health issues from panic attacks to depression have came back and I hadn’t had an episode in over 15 years.
Awwww, I'm sorry :( I didn't mean to get you upset.
I hear ya. The only thing that's really calmed me down since March is this new job. I know I'm the Covid police but everyone's so nice and it's given me something to focus on rather than watching orange twat and Newsom press conferences religiously every day.

saw it once, when he got his diagnosis of a brain tumour.
My mum didn't cry when she was told it was a cancerous brain tumour that would grow back as soon as it was removed out of relief that it wasn't Dementia. Mental.

Cheese pizza on his computer?

I mean, I think I know what you're talking about...

If so, yikes.

Yes it is what you think.
If it was my brother I'd be crying too. Shit was on his pc AND his work computer.
I mean imagine being so fucked up you can't wait until you get home to jack off to children.

Granted my father died when I was 15 so not exactly a large sample size but I never saw him cry even once.

Never seen him cry. Only time my mother saw him cry was when their last dog died.

Hang on my man, best thing you can do for yourself is excercise: decide how you want your day to be like and follow that pattern no matter what, not letting the episodes disrupt your schedule too much.

You'll want to spend days in the bed but forcing yourself to act is the best thing you can do, it'll become your normal soon.

I suggest you start from just doing some easy tasks that get you moving, even just a random walk, the important is acting and doing shit.

The pandemic is brutal, it's normal to feel like this. We are witnessing history and it's never good for the people who do.

Yes it is what you think.
If it was my brother I'd be crying too. Shit was on his pc AND his work computer.
I mean imagine being so fucked up you can't wait until you get home to jack off to children.

<6>

I am pretty sure my father is only capable of a single emotion: Rage.

Never seen him cry.
my dad only has that homer Simpson rage where he gets mad when his shenanigans or hijinks fail. it is actually quite hilarious.

I think my dad might have cried when my uncle died but I never saw it.

I've seen him tear up. Like tears streaming down his cheeks. I can't recall him ever crying. Like fully break out in sobs.

At the same time, it's not that he didn't have feelings. Like some men grow up emotionally castrated. It wasn't that.

I think he just wanted to be the strong one in a bad situation. He set the bar really high for what it means to be a man.

Once, my dad was an alcoholic with very bad anger issues so he messed up for years as a parent and in marriage, he cried when he lost in court and ended up with zero custody or anything like that of my sisters and I. The realization that he messed up that bad got him.

Hang on my man, best thing you can do for yourself is excercise: decide how you want your day to be like and follow that pattern no matter what, not letting the episodes disrupt your schedule too much.

You'll want to spend days in the bed but forcing yourself to act is the best thing you can do, it'll become your normal soon.

I suggest you start from just doing some easy tasks that get you moving, even just a random walk, the important is acting and doing shit.

The pandemic is brutal, it's normal to feel like this. We are witnessing history and it's never good for the people who do.

Thank you brother, if I could like your post I would.

I am pretty sure my father is only capable of a single emotion: Rage.

Never seen him cry.

This sounds like my dad. Tbh I like it, glad my dad isnt a pussy that cries. Raised by tough love but thank god I got it because theres alot of fake bad pieces of shit out there that dont have your best interests at heart. Made me more prepared for it

Back