See why I said this wasn't a very good for a fox card?

didn't it look like Brad was out from that punch i was literally screaming he's out! and faber paused for a sec when he dropped him, i think faber even thought he was out
I'm pretty sure everyone thought he was out. Seemed like one of those "oh shit...is it over already?" moments and then they just continued.

I'm pretty sure everyone thought he was out. Seemed like one of those "oh shit...is it over already?" moments and then they just continued.
fucking big john coulda made fabers ending sooo much better

Why does a former Invicta champ not deserve the main event?

I guess it depends on what you consider deserving. She was an atom weight in Invicta not a straweight and she got stomped in her last title defense there.

I guess it depends on what you consider deserving. She was an atom weight in Invicta not a straweight and she got stomped in her last title defense there.

I think it's fine for a TV card. And she definitely performed. Another performance or two like that and people are gonna start talking about a title shot.

I thought it was great 3 hype trains derailed in one night.
3 Hype-Trains and one Hype-Train that the UFC was hoping to launch with Irene Aldana. The UFC was banking on Leslie being a punching bag for her and having a new Mexican Fighter to hype up in the 135 division for a future card in Mexico. I'm happy about that train catching fire before it left the station!
silk-city-burn-460.jpg

Everything went wrong for the UFC tonight with exception of Faber having his Swan song. I like Faber, but I was desperately hoping for Pickett to land a lucky punch.

worldburn-top.jpg

Paige sucks?
Yes get angry at me for having an opinion again. It's not like that's what forums are for or anything.
true that buuuuuuut Brad has been declining for a while now too but i can see your point

I think it's fine for a TV card. And she definitely performed. Another performance or two like that and people are gonna start talking about a title shot.

Lets be honest here though. Fabers retirement fight in his home town and they don't give him the main event, not even the co-main for christ sake. Nothing against Waterson but thats fucking absurd.

Lets be honest here though. Fabers retirement fight in his home town and they don't give him the main event, not even the co-main for christ sake. Nothing against Waterson but thats fucking absurd.

Oh yeah, on that I actually agree and in fact I made a thread about it. So for this specific event, yes, I would like to have seen Faber get the main event.

But for a TV card, in general, I have no problem with a PVZ/Waterson headliner.

Yah it was a bunch of hype-train fighters. Last fox-card had a few divisional relevant fights (Maia Condit, Pettis Oliveria). This one had nothing but GET HYPED fighters. Although I did enjoy watching Urijah go out on top.

Oh yeah, on that I actually agree and in fact I made a thread about it. So for this specific event, yes, I would like to have seen Faber get the main event.

But for a TV card, in general, I have no problem with a PVZ/Waterson headliner.

Thats fair. I just think the UFC should have thrown the guy a bone for his last fight. He's done way more for the sport than Waterson or Van Zant

Thats fair. I just think the UFC should have thrown the guy a bone for his last fight. He's done way more for the sport than Waterson or Van Zant

Yeah. At least this time they did some good shit for Urijah. In the lead out from FS1 they were talking about their favorite Urijah moments and they had a little documentary of sorts at the end. And they gave him plenty of time to talk in the cage.

Granted, some of these fighters took the UFC by surprise (I assume), but I really would've liked to have seen more done for a lot of others who have walked away. I don't remember much in the way of special production for Couture. He just got his tooth karate kicked out and gave an interview. GSP just gave a weird interview (though I guess he didn't technically retire). Tate was just like, "Hey guys, I'm retiring." Etc.

Yea because i'm a fight fan not some fair weather spoiled shit like you. Go to the next fucking fad already.

The card sucked. The skill level was very mediocre (and that's being nice) but it was a free card but I sure as hell wouldn't have ever paid for that shit.

Yeah. At least this time they did some good shit for Urijah. In the lead out from FS1 they were talking about their favorite Urijah moments and they had a little documentary of sorts at the end. And they gave him plenty of time to talk in the cage.

Granted, some of these fighters took the UFC by surprise (I assume), but I really would've liked to have seen more done for a lot of others who have walked away. I don't remember much in the way of special production for Couture. He just got his tooth karate kicked out and gave an interview. GSP just gave a weird interview (though I guess he didn't technically retire). Tate was just like, "Hey guys, I'm retiring." Etc.

Thats true. They really didn't do fuck all for Randy who was by far one of there biggest stars at the time.

I'm not even a Faber fan but after all he has done for the sport at the very least he deserved the main event on a card in his home town. He was also by far the biggest star on the card.

Back