See videos where UFC fighters hire guys to cook their meals.How legit is this?

MATT DAMON

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I've seen Pettis hire a guy to cook his meals, and I remember that Carwin also hired a cook.

How legit is this for an athlete that is supposed to be professional?

Don't they know about food?

Don't tell me that Pettis would just sit back and eat Wheaties all day either.

I never saw Brock Lesnar hire a food guy. Also, Brock knew what to eat for a guy his size.

Are MMA fighters just clueless when it comes to nutrition?

If I could afford it and was a pro fighter damn rights I would do that, I think PVZ uses a service where you buy premade meals you can just heat up.

If i could afford it, I would in a second.

I've seen Pettis hire a guy to cook his meals, and I remember that Carwin also hired a cook.

I never saw Brock Lesnar hire a food guy. Also, Brock knew what to eat for a guy his size.

Among the stupider comments in Sherdog today.

So much stupidity that I wouldn't have time or want to list it all. I'll just go with one obvious one.

If you are an wealthy individual whose job isn't to be a chef or a nutritionist, it's likely you'd hire an expert to take care of that for you. Kinda like you might not wash and wax your own car even if you are a NASCAR driver.

More time for training. A lot of fighters like to cook. Rick Story, for example.

Hmmmm...well...if you recall, didn't Rampage Jackson just eat like a pig in the off-season?

Also, Hendricks. Hendricks eats like a pig, too. It is no secret Rampage and Hendricks were known for being fat athletes in the off-season.

I'd be willing to be beat some MMA fighters don't know enough about their bodies to understand what to eat, and when to eat it.

Brock Lesnar lived on steak and beef jerky and got diverticulitis because of it. Don't think he knew too much about nutrition.

Last edited:
Thread reminded me of this video:

Both of these dudes are just so smug in the video, like making weight for UFC 142 is going to be no problem, just eating some organic eggs and bread.

Fast forward to Vitor chewing on an ice-towel like a rabid chihuahua with Dolce telling him not to accept catchweight (fast-forward to about 2:24 in, and the real carnage starts at 3:30):

Brock Lesnar lived on steak and beef jerky and got diverticulitis because of it. Don't think he knew too much about nutrition.

i thought diverticulitis was hereditary? So diet does play a factor in it?

Worrying about porperly balancing your nutrition, while counting calories, is a very daunting task, let alone during a fight camp/weight cut. The less a fighter has to think about besides fighting, the better off he is.

Back