SED 276: No politics, no whining, just entertainment of the sporting variety (and butts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna say it every week. We are in a great age for wrestling and are spoiled.

Mir was out, trying to grab the refs ankle and still staring into space.

You have 2 options:

Option 1.

19-Safe-Haven-2013.gif

Or

Option 2.

tumblr_m9skftRsCJ1r44hby.gif

I've been trying to watch wrestling other than just WWE recently and... well... I don't get Lucha Underground. Like, SOME of the in-ring stuff can be fun to watch but I 100% do NOT understand the fucking rock thing that one lady is holding and a fair portion of the in-ring stuff is just... bad.

The female wrestlers, all wood...

Also, what the FUCK is Vampiro doing wrestling a match with light tubes at his age?

Well, Lucha style tends to be better if both wrestlers are Lucha-based. Mixing Lucha style with American big men style tends to produce unsavory results. Lucha (predictably) meshed better with American high flying style wrestlers. The style tends to be botchy, too. Just look at the original Sin Cara and what happened when he was fresh out of Lucha style into WWE style. However, when it is good it can be REALLY good though. Like Fenix vs Mil Muertes (both matches). Superb psychology and spots.

That Rock thing is basically what fueled Mil Muertes, see. Lucha Underground is fairly esoteric with its storyline, but that's why it is so different compared to the usual American fare. Coupled that with the grindhouse style of presentation and it is simply delicious.

As for Vampiro...ask him, i guess.

Mir should give half his check to Hunt in gratitude for the year of life Hunt saved him by not going for the GNP.

Another juicy tag team for the ever growing NXT tag team scene. Though Roode (and apparently EY is off contract too) will probably find their way to GFW imo.

Did Jarrett actually hold an event for his scam?

Did Jarrett actually hold an event for his scam?

Haha, that got a belly laugh from me.

I'm pretty sure they did those Vegas events and Chael Sonnen talked shit to Phil Baroni on them. I think Magnus is their World Champion last I heard. They also did that weird co-promotion with TNA and announced something for the UK. I think they're still trying to secure a TV deal or something, but I don't understand why they're filming so much TV episodes without a deal (since it'd cost more financially to keep producing them and the internet will spoil those events).

Haha, that got a belly laugh from me.

I'm pretty sure they did those Vegas events and Chael Sonnen talked shit to Phil Baroni on them. I think Magnus is their World Champion last I heard. They also did that weird co-promotion with TNA and announced something for the UK. I think they're still trying to secure a TV deal or something, but I don't understand why they're filming so much TV episodes without a deal (since it'd cost more financially to keep producing them and the internet will spoil those events).

This shit screams shady as fuck.

This shit screams shady as fuck.

Won't surprise me if we hear about payments being late soon because the attendance hasn't been great from what I read a few months back. Oh, I also watched a video of Kevin Nash helping the Bullet Club at an event that looked it was taking place before a baseball event. It looked poor as fuck. That's about all my GFW knowledge.

Booby Roode and Eric Young are now finished with TNA.

Any chance of either to NXT?

I'd like to see Roode. He's quite good.:)

Lol, Hunt would kill Lesnar

Lesnar (still is) a hell of a lot quicker than Mir. One take down and that would probably be it. If Hunt would catch Brock with a punch prior to that it still may not be enough as Brock in his mma career had a hell of a chin. So I'd favour Brock.:)

Yeah, because we can watch the Attitude Era on the Network.

You can also watch ROH, NXT, Lucha Underground and a shit load of Japanese wrestling. Plus Ranallo on Smackdown. No Stone Cold or Rock but they were once in a generation that we were lucky to get at the same time.

You can also watch ROH, NXT, Lucha Underground and a shit load of Japanese wrestling. Plus Ranallo on Smackdown. No Stone Cold or Rock but they were once in a generation that we were lucky to get at the same time.

Yeah, but ROH sucks, Lucha sucks, and Japanese Wrestling is irrelevant.

I'll take ECW, WCW, and WWF over that shit any day of week.

Japan was ECW before ECW was ECW.

Lucha is better than NWO.

I won't argue about WWF back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back