Media Secret to Masvidal's resurrection

i can tell you guys that intermittent fasting works. i did it for a while and if you dont eat in the morning (only water) and you train early in the afternoon.......you train better. after that i ate of course, but a normal amount.

it may seem weird, but i train better on an empty stomach. im no longer intermittent fasting, but i do eat less meals than i did before. im lighter and stronger. 3 meals a day is bullshit and leads only to more eating/appetite

what resurrection are people talking about?

he won 3 fights straight, before losing the title fight. before his "resurrection" he got schooled by wonderboy and outgrappled by maia. the only difference now was that the marketing machine got behind him.

masvidal hasn't won 4 fights in a row since 2008, for fuck's sake. he's a ridiculously entertaining fighter, he has balls of steel, and he fights like a man. but he was always near the top, and never at the top. he will lose against top fighters again, and probably soon.

This seems like a fallacy. Where was the resurrection when Usman humiliated him?

Just playing devil's advocate here, but you are assuming consumed calories and digested calories are the same thing. It's possible that changing the times you eat could change the number of calories digested versus those than just end up in the shitter.

I would just suggest everyone see what works for them. I tried intermittent fasting for a month. Weight stayed the same, and performance at the gym was the same, so I saw no benefit to walking around hungry for a good portion of the day.
Wtf... no. You do not magically absorb more calories because your shit is in you longer.

3 meals a day is bullshit and leads only to more eating/appetite

It's not Bullshit, you don't have to knock normal eating Habits in order to make Fasting look good.

I've lost 22 Pounds eating 5 Meals a day at 1100 Calories a day without Fasting, I'm the leanest and happiest I've ever been and I did it without Fasting, the two can co exist you know.

Everyone's different, but that doesn't mean the Laws of Thermodynamics don't apply. If you personally feel Fasting works for you and your mental go for it, but I think people have this idea that it's more special than it really is, especially when it comes to Weight Loss.

If you want to lose weight, it's all about being in a Calorie Deficit, Fasting is a way to restrict eating to a particular window thus reducing how many Calories you are likely to consume IN THEORY. You can fast and still eat and gain weight. It's simply a tool to help people give structure to their eating habbits, but it's not going to magically make people lose weight and be healthy if they still eat like shit.

You seem like a smart guy, and you're comfortable doing it, awesome. I just with the average person would do their research instead of clinging to FAD Diets without understanding that losing weight and Fat will ALWAYS come down to eating less calories than your body consumes, period.

For the Record, I also don't eat in the morning, but I don't Fast either, I'll eat from the moment I'm done working out until whenever I please, and I've still lost 22 pounds and am at 12% Body Fat.
Absolutely. I use to have a bad habit of eating after dinner and going to bed. Cutting out those late night calories is what helps keep the weight off. But I find I get a better night sleep when sleeping on an empty stomach. Before I would eat before bed and wake up feeling like sh!t..

It's not Bullshit, you don't have to knock normal eating Habits in order to make Fasting look good.

I've lost 22 Pounds eating 5 Meals a day at 1100 Calories a day without Fasting, I'm the leanest and happiest I've ever been and I did it without Fasting, the two can co exist you know.
Eating one huge meal a day seems worse. Depends on your appetite though, some of us can’t go a whole day without eating something.

I could see myself maybe forcing myself into training in the morning, but the worst part is going to work after when you are tired, I just want to chill :p
But you may be right, it should wake me up.

So is your fasting finished by then? Or you have a meal or get protein/BCAA before? Til this day I'm not sure how training on empty stomach is affecting muscle mass.
I've stopped reading bodybuilding forums, because every year the myths from the past are busted. It's like you no longer know what's really real and what's not.
I train on an empty stomach every time. Maybe it’s something you have to get used to. But I have no issues. I feel energized during and after my workout. I normally have a protein shake and a bowl of oatmeal immediately post workout..

The big improvement is that he's more aggressive and is better at using his power. Masvidal use to coast in close fights and lost several split decisions he could have won with more activity, his fight IQ was atrocious.

Absolutely. I use to have a bad habit of eating after dinner and going to bed. Cutting out those late night calories is what helps keep the weight off. But I find I get a better night sleep when sleeping on an empty stomach. Before I would eat before bed and wake up feeling like sh!t..

I feel you man, and I'm glad Fasting and eliminating those late night snacks/calories has lead to you feeling better, genuinely, I can tell we're both passionate about Health and I think that's awesome. Most people don't think about their Health enough, that's why if Fasting works for someone that's smart, has done their research, and used Fasting correctly, I can't knock it, but the average person, especially where I live(USA) are morons, and think Fasting magically makes it okay to obliterate the McDonalds Menu and say it's okay because they're Fasting.

It's something that pisses me off, because than most people think Fasting it's a get out of jail free card when it's not, people just don't understand energy consumption enough to use it effectively. I've used Fasting twice for a combined period of a Year, I think it's Fantastic, but the average person still lacks the knowledge to use it the right way AND you can lose weight without it.

I'm sitting at 12% Body Fat having dropped 22 pounds without Fasting, again, if it works for you and your smart, that's Fantastic, do it if it helps YOU, but the average person looks at Fasting as this Magic Bullet when it isn't.

It's a useful tool if you have a good enough mental discipline to use it. If you do, than you reap the benefits of it

this is actually completely untrue. Fasting isn't just a way of restricting calories. This is a CICO talking point because people don't understand biology.

Your body doesn't burn fat while it's still digesting calories with food in it's stomach. Because why would it use fat while it's got calories in the oven?

By not eating for a longer period of time you're literally forcing your body to use the energy storage in your body (fat) and then consuming the same amount of calories as normal. This is a net loss in fat. There's lots of research and I would recommend you look into it a bit more.

Dr. Jason fung is a great source and has written lots of books on this. He even treats type 2 diabetes patients with time restricted eating.

I haven’t followed the nutrition developments closely, so I have what is probably a dumb question:

I get what you’re saying about forcing the body to burn fat for energy if there is nothing readily available. But if you later consume the same amount of calories after the fast concludes, don’t those “excess calories” that your body doesn’t need to burn anymore (since it accessed stored fat due to your fast) just get stored as fat anyway?

In other words, if I was initially eating 10 units of food energy over the course of the day and burning 10 units of food energy, and I switch to a fast which causes me to burn 2 units of stored fat energy, doesn’t that mean that when I consume my usual 10 units of food energy later my body will only need 8 of those units (since 2 units of fat took their place), resulting in 2 units from my meal getting stored as fat?

I am guessing that’s incorrect, but I don’t understand why.

Askren selling the fight is what made him famous. I don’t think he’s better than before. He looked dog shit awful against Usman.

The big improvement is that he's more aggressive and is better at using his power. Masvidal use to coast in close fights and lost several split decisions he could have won with more activity, his fight IQ was atrocious.

His Fight IQ is still pretty bad tbh.

or we can man up and say hes on some gear. no shame imo.

Do 19 hour fast 5 days a week. Dinner 7. Lunch ( usually power shake with all kinds of stuff in it ) at 2 , then healthy dinner at bout 6:30. Weekends eat two solid . Healthy meals . Works great for me . During this quarantine I’ve lost fat and gained muscle .

I train on an empty stomach every time. Maybe it’s something you have to get used to. But I have no issues. I feel energized during and after my workout. I normally have a protein shake and a bowl of oatmeal immediately post workout..
I actually would have no problem training on empty stomach. But you know how it was in the past, everybody said you need protein before training because you will burn your muscles ;)
Now it seems that it doesn't matter too much, as long as your daily intake of protein and calories checks out.

Do 19 hour fast 5 days a week. Dinner 7. Lunch ( usually power shake with all kinds of stuff in it ) at 2 , then healthy dinner at bout 6:30. Weekends eat two solid . Healthy meals . Works great for me . During this quarantine I’ve lost fat and gained muscle .
Not sure if I understand, you mentioned dinner twice, at 7 and then 6:30, doesn't add up to me :)
So you have 19h fast? How much calories and P/F/C do you take?

Not sure if I understand, you mentioned dinner twice, at 7 and then 6:30, doesn't add up to me :)
So you have 19h fast? How much calories and P/F/C do you take?
Sorry. Start dinner 6:30. Finish by 7. Then don’t eat ( light brunch or drink shake ) at 2pm next day. Calories ? Weekends bout 2000. Weekdays ? Prob 1200. I’m bout 168 at 5’9. Pre covid was 178. Heaviest in life 195 fat.

Back