Media Secret to Masvidal's resurrection

Not sure bro, I’ve been doing it for a long time and I wake up feeling better. Maybe it’s a matter of genes. As in everyone is different..

I’ve been lifting weights first thing in the morning for more than a decade now. I love it. It’s like I get it out of the way so I can get on with my day. It’s also a great way to wake yourself up. I have a full on home gym so it’s pretty easy for me to do..

Everyone's different, but that doesn't mean the Laws of Thermodynamics don't apply. If you personally feel Fasting works for you and your mental go for it, but I think people have this idea that it's more special than it really is, especially when it comes to Weight Loss.

If you want to lose weight, it's all about being in a Calorie Deficit, Fasting is a way to restrict eating to a particular window thus reducing how many Calories you are likely to consume IN THEORY. You can fast and still eat and gain weight. It's simply a tool to help people give structure to their eating habbits, but it's not going to magically make people lose weight and be healthy if they still eat like shit.

You seem like a smart guy, and you're comfortable doing it, awesome. I just with the average person would do their research instead of clinging to FAD Diets without understanding that losing weight and Fat will ALWAYS come down to eating less calories than your body consumes, period.

For the Record, I also don't eat in the morning, but I don't Fast either, I'll eat from the moment I'm done working out until whenever I please, and I've still lost 22 pounds and am at 12% Body Fat.

I have to agree, I usually train at afternoon and after I eat my last meal I go to bed with a light deficit in calories and woke up fantastic, it have helped me in this pandemic

Diets work but fasting is far better and the fastest way to lose weight.

Thanks for the input bro.

Can you provide some articles or research (maybe even videos) for more info on the topic?

Diets work but fasting is far better and the fastest way to lose weight.

No it's not, for the average person, it's simply a Tool and a FAD Diet like Keto. It gives people structure and a window to control their eating habits, it doesn't burn calories at the rate doing Cardio will.

You're kidding yourself if you think you can Fast, eat in a surplus and lose weight, that's not how Thermodynamics work. The average person Fasting and still eating like shit, won't lose weight if you're not in a Deficit.

If you don't take him down, he's one of the toughest nut to crack on the feet. He's not extremely flashy nor does he has Ngannou power, he's just a vet and mastered his own style.

Can you provide some articles or research (maybe even videos) for more info on the topic?

Probably gonna ignore this because you have some issue with me still but losing weight comes down to being in a Calorie Deficit, not choosing not to eat in the morning and for only 8 hours throughout the day.

Cardio, and monitoring your Calorie Intake will always be the best tools for Fat Loss.

Fasting benefits. 16-24 hrs
*Boost HGH by 2000%
*Burn fat and boost metabolism crazy fast, you will be super lean and build muscle easier
*Grow taller possibly by the HGH increase depending on your age
*Reset your hormones like testosterone
*Boost dopamine levels and mood
*Boost willpower and motivation
*Anti aging, will increase collagen production
*Overall health, your giving your organs and gut a rest

you will feel amazing

Another way to increase HGH, testosterone and fat burning is 5-7 fast sprints, you going full speed followed by resting for 2 mins each sprint. Which is why athletes who run track/sprinters and football players are so lean and in good shape compared to cardio runners. It works all your muscle groups.

Take L Argerine and L Lysine together before bed for a slight increase

Last edited:
No it's not, for the average person, it's simply a Tool and a FAD Diet like Keto. It gives people structure and a window to control their eating habits, it doesn't burn calories at the rate doing Cardio will.

You're kidding yourself if you think you can Fast, eat in a surplus and lose weight, that's not how Thermodynamics work. The average person Fasting and still eating like shit, won't lose weight if you're not in a Deficit.
Well technically fasting can boost your metabolism, therefore using more energy throughout the day. Energy = calories, so you can in theory eat more and still lose weight if you're already following a diet. But we're talking maybe 100cal-,300 more if you're fasting, I don't believe you can burn more than that just by fasting.

Well technically fasting can boost your metabolism, therefore using more energy throughout the day. Energy = calories, so you can in theory eat more and still lose weight if you're already following a diet. But we're talking maybe 100cal-,300 more if you're fasting, I don't believe you can burn more than that just by fasting.

Again this does not work for the Average person, if you're in the US, the average person is OBESE, they already don't follow a Diet, or healthy eating Habits, Fasting isn't going to magically make the shit they eat help them lose weight.

Fasting is good yes, but it's just another way of restricting calories so you can be in a deficit EASIER, but people can still Fast and consume a lot of calories that causes their weight to stay the same.

It's still a Fad Diet that only people with a good mental discipline will benefit from, you can't take Honey Boo, make her Fast while still eating the same thing, and see her lose weight.

Calories in, Calories out, if you want to be in a deficit, you either have to eat less, or do Cardio. Fasting does not burn as much Calories as doing Cardio.

I haven't really kept up with the latest nutrition news but I usually have a casein protein drink before bed, to prevent muscle loss during sleep. Is this considered a no-go these days? It should be 3 hrs before bed, 2 hrs before bed?

Is there actual science behind this? How extensive was the research and how reliable?

there's a ton of research on cognitive and athletic performance on intermittent fasting.

Probably gonna ignore this because you have some issue with me still but losing weight comes down to being in a Calorie Deficit, not choosing not to eat in the morning and for only 8 hours throughout the day.

Cardio, and monitoring your Calorie Intake will always be the best tools for Fat Loss.

<{vega}>

Lol, I don't have an issue with you? I welcome anyone's input.

I'm not so concerned about losing weight I just wanna feel AWESOME.

Again this does not work for the Average person, if you're in the US, the average person is OBESE, they already don't follow a Diet, or healthy eating Habits, Fasting isn't going to magically make the shit they eat help them lose weight.

Fasting is good yes, but it's just another way of restricting calories so you can be in a deficit EASIER, but people can still Fast and consume a lot of calories that causes their weight to stay the same.

It's still a Fad Diet that only people with a good mental discipline will benefit from, you can't take Honey Boo, make her Fast while still eating the same thing, and see her lose weight.

Calories in, Calories out, if you want to be in a deficit, you either have to eat less, or do Cardio. Fasting does not burn as much Calories as doing Cardio.

this is actually completely untrue. Fasting isn't just a way of restricting calories. This is a CICO talking point because people don't understand biology.

Your body doesn't burn fat while it's still digesting calories with food in it's stomach. Because why would it use fat while it's got calories in the oven?

By not eating for a longer period of time you're literally forcing your body to use the energy storage in your body (fat) and then consuming the same amount of calories as normal. This is a net loss in fat. There's lots of research and I would recommend you look into it a bit more.

Dr. Jason fung is a great source and has written lots of books on this. He even treats type 2 diabetes patients with time restricted eating.

Well actually your not only burning fat not eating, your boosting metabolism by the increase in HGH

this is actually completely untrue. Fasting isn't just a way of restricting calories. This is a CICO talking point because people don't understand biology.

Your body doesn't burn fat while it's still digesting calories with food in it's stomach. Because why would it use fat while it's got calories in the oven?

By not eating for a longer period of time you're literally forcing your body to use the energy storage in your body (fat) and then consuming the same amount of calories as normal. This is a net loss in fat. There's lots of research and I would recommend you look into it a bit more.

LOL I've done Fasting buddy, so thank you I have done my research. I fasted when I was 17, and another when I was 20, both times helpful, both I did for months, but this time around during the Pandemic, I lost 22 Pounds and I didn't do it by Fasting, which was my original point.

I didn't knock the benefits, or say it doesn't work, what I did say is that it's not a magic bullet, and it's not going to magically erase bad eating habits or make them good. If you still eat like Shit, and Fast, it doesn't matter. My aunt Fasts, and guess what, she's STILL FAT, because she's ignorant and thinks that by not eating for an extended period of time she can eat whatever she wants which was another point I made about the average person not understanding Fasting and how to use it effectively.

It's another method of restricting calories for people that have a hard time by giving them a Window to eat. There's benefits to it yes, but you can still lose weight without fasting which was my point.

Don't twist my words, Fasting works for people smart enough to do their research and understand energy consumption. For the average person, it's a FAD Diet, for people that are smart, it's a useful tool

Lol at Intermittent Fasting, Jorge still eats like shit so it REALLY doesn't matter if he prolongs the McDonald's meal a little later instead of eating it when he wakes up.

Nutrition comes down to WHAT you eat, and how much of it, not WHEN you decide to eat.

There is enough evidence to suggest that timing plays a role.

Back