DebtCollectorMMA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

1:27:14

- Intermittent fasting
- intense training
- goes to bed with an empty stomach

Keeping insulin low, training intensely, and not spiking your sugar within two hours of going to bed are all ways to naturally increase your Growth Hormone levels.

So please, ditch the Cheetos and soda, and head to the gym. Perhaps then you too may become a BMF one day.

tenor.gif

Is there actual science behind this? How extensive was the research and how reliable?

Going to bed on an empty stomach is a game changer. I’ve been doing this for years. Not only does it keep the pounds off you also get a better sleep..

What do you eat? I've eaten upwards of 1000 Calories before bed and still lost weight the next day?

The Laws of Thermodynamics don't change because of the time you eat before you go to bed you know that right?

Going to bed on an empty stomach is a game changer. I’ve been doing this for years. Not only does it keep the pounds off you also get a better sleep..
Interesting.
I've been on intermittent fasting for a few months now and not seeing great results. But the thing is, I have that fasting window from 9pm till 1pm next day and I also finish exercising basically right before I have that last meal at 9pm, and that meal is pretty heavy in fats. So the sleep may not be the best and the metabolism is also slow, I have some banana in there so some sugar.
I could start fasting earlier, but then I would have to exercise in the morning for example, or around noon or afternoon, which.. I'm not fond of. I hate training in the morning. And I also work so it's not easy.
I'm doomed.

What do you eat? I've eaten upwards of 1000 Calories before bed and still lost weight the next day?

The Laws of Thermodynamics don't change because of the time you eat before you go to bed you know that right?

Just playing devil's advocate here, but you are assuming consumed calories and digested calories are the same thing. It's possible that changing the times you eat could change the number of calories digested versus those than just end up in the shitter.

I would just suggest everyone see what works for them. I tried intermittent fasting for a month. Weight stayed the same, and performance at the gym was the same, so I saw no benefit to walking around hungry for a good portion of the day.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but you are assuming consumed calories and digested calories are the same thing. It's possible that changing the times you eat could change the number of calories digested versus those than just end up in the shitter.

I would just suggest everyone see what works for them. I tried intermittent fasting for a month. Weight stayed the same, and performance at the gym was the same, so I saw no benefit to walking around hungry for a good portion of the day.

Intermittent Fasting works, but there's nothing special about it, I've done it before, and I've lost weight without it as well.

I've lost 22 Pounds during this Pandemic, and I didn't do it by Fasting. If Fasting works for you go for it, but people are tricking themselves if they think Fasting is going to be this MAGICAL fat loss tool.

It's Calories in, Calories out, I've eaten WHOLE pies the night before, woke up the next morning, took a piss, and was still down a pound. Weight Loss is all about being in a Deficit, you can eat whatever you want whenever you want, as long as you eat less than your body is burning, or you can increase your energy expenditure by being more active like doing Cardio.

The Laws of Thermodynamics don't change because of a FAD Diet, if you want to lose weight, you have to be in a Calorie Deficit, point blank period. Fasting doesn't automatically put you in a deficit and you can still gain weight by Fasting if you're consuming more calories than your body is burning.

Fasting increases HGH by like 2000 percent. Go to bed hungry, it’s healthy and you will burn fat.

What if you go to bed after eating and sleep like 8 hours since technically that's still a long time to go without eating?

Now what if you skip breakfast on top of that and your first meal is lunch?

Not sure bro, I’ve been doing it for a long time and I wake up feeling better. Maybe it’s a matter of genes. As in everyone is different..

Interesting.
I've been on intermittent fasting for a few months now and not seeing great results. But the thing is, I have that fasting window from 9pm till 1pm next day and I also finish exercising basically right before I have that last meal at 9pm, and that meal is pretty heavy in fats. So the sleep may not be the best and the metabolism is also slow, I have some banana in there so some sugar.
I could start fasting earlier, but then I would have to exercise in the morning for example, or around noon or afternoon, which.. I'm not fond of. I hate training in the morning. And I also work so it's not easy.
I'm doomed.
I’ve been lifting weights first thing in the morning for more than a decade now. I love it. It’s like I get it out of the way so I can get on with my day. It’s also a great way to wake yourself up. I have a full on home gym so it’s pretty easy for me to do..

What if you go to bed after eating and sleep like 8 hours since technically that's still a long time to go without eating?

Now what if you skip breakfast on top of that and your first meal is lunch?
You can do that too however it’s better to get most of your fasting hours before and during sleep. I usually get my 8 hours then skip breakfast and eat something around 2. So that would be like a 16 hr fast.

I do 24h fasts as well, maybe like twice a week, I’ll eat one large meal at 6pm then not eat til the next day at 6pm. It’s difficult at first but trust me you’ll get used to it and the hunger goes away, you’ll feel a lot better as well and get lean. Your body even goes into keto mode around 18-24 hours. It boosts your metabolism a ton.

You can still drink water and black coffee during that time. Also buy some organic apple cider vinegar along with cayanne pepper supplements to burn even more fat, dilute 3 tablespoons of acv in some water in the morning. Also instead of cardio, I do 5-7 sprints to boost HGH as well and burn fat.

When your not eating your body eats fat for fuel and it gives your organs a rest, your whole body gets a reset including hormones like testosterone. Fasting is the number one way to lose weight and as an anti aging , it boosts collagen.

Last edited:

1:27:14

- Intermittent fasting
- intense training
- goes to bed with an empty stomach

Keeping insulin low, training intensely, and not spiking your sugar within two hours of going to bed are all ways to naturally increase your Growth Hormone levels.

So please, ditch the Cheetos and soda, and head to the gym. Perhaps then you too may become a BMF one day.

tenor.gif

None of that helped him against Usman and none of it will help against Colby either. Sooo...

<Fedor23>

awkward when you have sex and your stomach is constantly growling <Lmaoo>

You can do that too however it’s better to get most of your fasting hours before and during sleep. I usually get my 8 hours then skip breakfast and eat something around 2. So that would be like a 16 hr fast.

I do 24h fasts as well, maybe like twice a week, I’ll eat one large meal at 6pm then not eat til the next day at 6pm. It’s difficult at first but trust me you’ll get used to it and the hunger goes away, you’ll feel a lot better as well and get lean. Your body even goes into keto mode around 18-24 hours.

You can still drink water and black coffee during that time. Also buy some organic apple cider vinegar along with cayanne pepper supplements to burn even more fat, dilute 3 tablespoons of acv in some water in the morning. Also instead of cardio, I do 5-7 sprints to boost HGH as well and burn fat.

It's weird because I remember when we were told "DON'T SKIP MEALS". In fact, eat more often but small meals.

It's hard to tell what's legit.

Not sure bro, I’ve been doing it for a long time and I wake up feeling better. Maybe it’s a matter of genes. As in everyone is different..

I’ve been lifting weights first thing in the morning for more than a decade now. I love it. It’s like I get it out of the way so I can get on with my day. It’s also a great way to wake yourself up. I have a full on home gym so it’s pretty easy for me to do..

I could see myself maybe forcing myself into training in the morning, but the worst part is going to work after when you are tired, I just want to chill :p
But you may be right, it should wake me up.

So is your fasting finished by then? Or you have a meal or get protein/BCAA before? Til this day I'm not sure how training on empty stomach is affecting muscle mass.
I've stopped reading bodybuilding forums, because every year the myths from the past are busted. It's like you no longer know what's really real and what's not.

Back