Second stage diet, IF+primal

Day 4; 267.8
Regime 8-12pm
Diet - tofu soup, 300 gram of cherries, rice/chicken/ spinach cafeteria dish
No workout, but spent all day in school studying
Hannibal tv show is partly filmed at our campus, lol.

Day 5: 267.3
Didn't sleep much - exam
Unfortunately went to Chinese buffet, nothing criminal - lots of fish, veggies, and meat. Some jelly and fruit.
And I only had 3 hours time slot
Overall around 3500 calories today. Which is maintenance considering my active day... I am starting to like IF

Had too much study,
Eat once a day but at Chinese buffet, mostly meat and veggies though.

Day 9 : 271
Wild fish lots of it.
3 hours of mma training

day 9: 266.4
Too much is happening with my personal life. Really need to cut down now.

Diet - fish coconut oil - 1000 calories
About 3 total hours of working out, medium intensity.

Day 10: 264.9 feel bloated.
Diet : Korean BBQ, mostly lean beef - around 1200 calories.
Workout - low intensity workout in the morning - abs/1 mile power walk/
Some rope and kettle bell training, but light.
Starting to get some headaches, but to be honest stressed out with relationships and such.
Will try to jog tonight.

Have been hitting functional exercises mostly push ups and pull ups, for the last several month, everybody told me i bulked up a bit. Spine looks more muscular now.

day 11: 252.2
Been to Korean BBQ again with gf, so had to eat a lot -this time around 600-700 grams of fatty meat. I have been feeling keto flu lately. Feel a bit lethargic.
Workout - Jogging 3 miles, fast pace. Abs/pull ups/push ups workout.
MMA training - several hours. Exhausted.

Edit : Had so much headache so couldn't resist eating 500 grams of lean pork ( 600 calories ) plus an apple and banana (150) . Feel better this morning. On the plus side - korean bbq was not more than 400 grams, but fatty. Should have been still a 2000 deficit for that day.

Last edited:
day 12 264.8
Here is a pic update, despite that I only been dieting hardcore for less than 5 days. It is still annoying that weight loss is not rapid. But mirror-wise I did slim significantly.
Diet - lots of coffee, kale 200 grams, wild cod fish, 350 grams cooked. 3 slices of lemon.
Apple, 3 cupts of tea, lot and lots of water.
4 scoops of BCAA, decided to give it a shot, since I am running on 2-3k caloric deficit each day.
Workout - jogging 6 miles.
2yv29ld.jpg

Last edited:
Had to eat some carbs yesterday in order to study, despite feeling no hunger. Namely chocolate and frozen mango. Should still be under 2500 for the whole day.

Have exam tomorrow, so eating normally , just under 2500. Staying away from grains, dairy , beans and other junk, so should be fine.

Had a very tough exam preparation day. So ate close to 5000 calories.

To compensate for this, I will fast for 2-3 days before resuming the PSMF diet.

day 14: Wrestling - 1.5 , some light boxing.

day 15-16 265
Diet has been ok - around 3000 calories/healthy.
Exercise - 15 : MMA , 3 hours, 16: Walking/shopping/cleaning/cooking all day.
Yesterday - ate around 500 grams of beef, chicken, 5 fruits, lots of veggies, 2 Small thai beef soups with veggies.
Bloated as hell this morning.

May 4: 261
Have been exercising like hell recently. Eat around around 1000 calories. Unfortunately not as clean as I would like. People are starting to tell me I slimmed down.
Somehow feels like I gained muscle from all the kettlebells and bw.

Last update.
Basically, the goal of this weigh loss was to get in shape for my ex-gf. I was at more or less acceptable 260 lbs, coming down from 315. Mission was successful, and looks like we are going to give "it a shot".
Lessons I learned: Best results came when I grabbed myself by the balls and ate very very little bit (0-1000 calories, mostly meat), while training my ass off. I would loose a lot off weight in short term, which I would then solidify with periods of normal eating. Eating at a certain maintenance for long periods of time was just too much for me.
2. Low carb is way better over all, but it is easy to slip out of it.
3. IF helps to control hunger, but its simply a small bonus to your overall diet. Its not a magic fix or anything, and you have to be retarded to think it can be a substitute for a smart and healthy diet.
4. For long term health -some sort of variation of Paleo. Despite having some holes in its theory and being a commercial brand these days, it makes perfect sense. Sort of like theory of evolution, not perfect but pretty much proven. Why people need to argue that eating wild fish, meat and vegetables are not optimal for human health is weird. If you pussied out of it because you can't control yourself , doesn't mean you have to trash it now. Research it first, read several major books like Paleo for athletes and etc.
5. Eliminate milk and grains. Enough said.
6. I never felt healthier when I "juiced" for a month. Throw lots of vegetables and blueberries/banana in a mixer, add water.
7. I was wrong about weight training. I think It does come as a nice compliment to MMA. And can help weight loss and give functional strength. I did push ups and pulls ups for half a year almost every day. And my strength in grappling went up considerably, without loss of speed.
8. Nothing beats running on treadmill when it comes to loosing weight ( at least for me).
9. BCAA works when you are dieting. I felt a lot more energy.
10. Somehow volume of food matters to weight loss as well. But I can't explain it.
11. Calories in - out are important , but not for overall health, or for long term weight loss. Useful in a shot term though.

I will spend summer woking and studying in Ecuador ( here now ), and Chili, will use that time to get to a ripped 230 :).
Good luck everyone, my apologies if I offended anyone. I did my research, but was too lazy to post studies and etc.

lol, wow, I disagree with a ton of your lessons learned.

lol, wow, I disagree with a ton of your lessons learned.

... I don't know. There has been a lot of conflicting information.it seems there is a study for any point of view these days.

Paleo just makes perfect sense to me. And people who follow it - do get healthy. If something else works for you - good luck.

Back