Second Kickboxing fight

Simplest thing - remember to kick, when you started kicking in the last round you were having good success, just drill lots of combos with kicks and a bit more practice checking kicks and get that ingrained rather than the natural tendency to revert to punching and trying to catch kicks - it will all come together!

Hello my F11 homies. Well heres my 2nd kickboxing fight. Any critique or pointers will be greatly appreciated and highly welcome. I ended up losing this fight, but I think I learned alot. Hope you guys enjoy!

Rules:
-135 lbs
-No clinch, pretty much Glory rules
-No catching kicks either
-Three 1:30 minute rounds

Im in the red gloves

Link to my first fight is here in this link:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/first-fight-video.3065111/

The only thing I'd say is that it might help to relax more. You look tense which probably gassed you out and took range and power off your punches. You're undoubtedly athletic, I think if you took your time a bit more you could land some big shots with your hands.

1) Was this a smoker? If so, they don't require shin guards where you're at?
2) Were you not allowed to check kick? I didn't see either of you guys check a kick (or may have missed it).
3) Was this in Hawaii? Read something about "aloha" on that alma mater thing on the wall.
4) What style do you normally train in?

1) Was this a smoker? If so, they don't require shin guards where you're at?
2) Were you not allowed to check kick? I didn't see either of you guys check a kick (or may have missed it).
3) Was this in Hawaii? Read something about "aloha" on that alma mater thing on the wall.
4) What style do you normally train in?
1. No, it's a normal amateur fight.
The environment looks smoker-ish, but that's because in Hawaii all our pro and amateur mma and kickboxing fights are held at schools or community centers.
2. We both just suck at checking kicks. A lot of it has to do with emphasis on too much pointless movement imo. As a grappler with mma as the eventual goal, I also love to catch kicks.
3. Yup Hawaii
4. Dutch kickboxing, little bit of MT.
We lost a coach recently so we have only been training Dutch style long combinations with hands only. Gonna probably switch gyms soon.

Last edited:
Back