Second Amendment also covers those in US illegally??

Unless being an illegal immigrant is a felony, what would be the basis of recognizing any Constitutional rights without including the 2nd? Can we just assign any old crime enough weight to deprive people of civil rights?

We seem to make out okay in Guantanamo.

You guys need to stop pretending this is some complicated legal puzzle. It's not. Just send them home. They're not American citizens.

I am compassionate - for my own countrymen who didn't break the law and have to put up with the consequences of this mass lawbreaking.

4 year old lawbreaker-

Again who cares? Lawbreakers must be sent back - that's the new norm. They shouldn't be rewarded for breaking the law anymore.

Yes, goddamn toddlers criminals

He apparently speaks enough to still identify with the country and to still say a few sentences of halting Spanish in press conferences. It's not like he'll be starting from scratch.

He will be a fish out of the water.

He is more American than he will ever be Mexican.

A country they dont even remember? sounds legit, that would be like sending black people to Africa.

I hope he has family back there or that at least speaks the language, its still pretty rough.

Oh their parents will go with them.

ok, so did some reading. This is interesting, and unsurprisingly, the reporter gets it wrong.

Essentially, Rudolph Randa overstepped when he stated unambigiously that the 2d amendment doesn't protect illegal immigrants, and consequently the law was unconstitutional. There really isn't a good constitutional basis for this ruling. The 7th circuit judges upheld the federal law on a government interest analysis, ruling that the 2d amendment applies but there is a sufficient government interest in dealing with this specific class of persons. The issue here is this might be an overcorrection: there really isn't a foundation for determining who the 2nd amendment applies to.

Flaum (who is probably my favorite 7th cir. justice), probably had it right in his concurrence: Given that there were more narrow grounds for upholding enforcement of the statute, there was no reason to make broad constitutional proclamations.

that said, there's a very direct originalist argument for the 7th circuit's position:

At the time it was written, Mr. Meza-Rodriguez would have had those rights, because there was no distinction on the basis of method of ingress. That distinction is a modern one, and should not be applied.

You guys need to stop pretending this is some complicated legal puzzle. It's not. Just send them home. They're not American citizens.

The only reason Guantanamo was remotely constitutionally excusable is it happened beyond the jurisdiction of our court system and borders, and to individuals with no meaningful connection to the U.S.

There isn't a statute of limitations for this crime? If not, then deport him. The courts never gave a damn about me or my struggles. The law should be blind to circumstance

Somehow it is perfectly normal and sensible for somebody to illegally jump the border into a foreign country known as America, which millions do constantly despite never having lived there ... but holy shit, to ask illegal aliens to do the reverse and return to their home country is like some inconceivable sci fi concept.

Mexican citizen illegally crossing the border to reside in America where they have never once been, yes, that's totally sensible and should be celebrated, but deporting non-citizen from America to Mexico where they were born, Jesus Christ that's insanity, these people haven't been in Mexico for many years.

It's not technically even permitted to immigrate into Mexico, the concept is unimaginable and inhumane, probably a war crime. If you try, you will be killed by the narcos.

Somehow it is perfectly normal and sensible for somebody to illegally jump the border into a foreign country known as America, which millions do constantly despite never having lived there ... but holy shit, to ask illegal aliens to do the reverse and return to their home country is like some inconceivable sci fi concept.

We are talking about someone who moved as a toddler.

Mexican citizen illegally crossing the border to reside in America where they have never been, yes, that's totally sensible and should be celebrated, but deporting non-citizen from America to Mexico where they were born, Jesus Christ that's insanity.

Deporting someone who grew up in a first world country since it was a baby to a third world country? yes, it sucks balls.

As I understand it, it's not technically even possible to immigrate into Mexico, and if you try, you will be killed by the narcos.

Good one Mr. Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_immigration_to_Mexico

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_diaspora

Trust me, i know several of these kids and they are like fish out of the water.

Its quite sad indeed.

Mexican citizen illegally crossing the border to reside in America where they have never once been, yes, that's totally sensible and should be celebrated, but deporting non-citizen from America to Mexico where they were born, Jesus Christ that's insanity, these people haven't been in Mexico for many years.

It's not technically even permitted to immigrate into Mexico, the concept is unimaginable and inhumane, probably a war crime. If you try, you will be killed by the narcos.

I've never disagreed with you before and I'm not starting now. Beautifully articulated argument

I was joking Rod1, of course it's possible to emigrate to Mexico, which is why it's so retarded that the concept of forcing somebody to return to Mexico is treated as some unimaginable war crime.

"Can you imagine, living in a country where you've never been, learning a new language, uprooting your whole life from where you grew up?"

Yeah, completely shocking and unimaginable, I suspect you'd die.

You can't distinguish citizenship from non-citizenship? Really, counsellor? Are you going to stick with that bullshit story or you got something better?

And checking papers is a routine part of every American's day. Welcome to the bureaucratic state. Not sure what fantasyland you've been living in for your entire life that caused you to miss it.

Okay, so you do check the social security card of every person you empathize with. You have the most politically efficient natural emotional compass in the history of the world.

That's your story. Good to know.

I tend to empathize on the basis of, you know, empathetic circumstances, like a human or something.

The current law allows us to send them home and they're going home. End of story. Save your legal counsel for your doomed clients, counsellor. Nobody's buying it.

So you can't understand the American criminal procedure or its tenants.

No, I don't. But the more important fact is neither do you.

"I can't argue on a topic, so I'll just admit it but blindly say you can't either."

By all means, for once on this forum, take on an actual argument. Your dissenters being poopy-headed traitors isn't a viable retort in every situation.

I thought with the stick up your ass, you'd appreciate the extra L.

Heck, maybe in Europe, you might be damned near a literate! You certainly couldn't grasp their policies any more loosely than you grasp ours. It's a win-win. I'm not sure how comfortable you'll be with the brown-people-trade-off, though.

I was joking Rod1, of course it's possible to emigrate to Mexico, which is why it's so retarded that the concept of forcing somebody to return to Mexico is treated as some unimaginable war crime.

"Can you imagine, living in a country where you've never been, learning a new language, uprooting your whole life from where you grew up?"

Yeah, completely shocking and unimaginable, I suspect you'd die.

There is a big difference between migrating and being deported, you are talking about the country that has several billionaires while 1/3rd of the population lives with less than 5 USD a day.

I do feel for him. Doesn't mean u make exceptions for every person with a sad story

No, but you could at least make an exception for people that have absolutely zero fault on their immigration status.

No, but you could at least make an exception for people that have absolutely zero fault on their immigration status.

And give ANOTHER way for illegals to game the system? I don't think so

Come on man.

220px-Tom_Jackson_2010.jpg

The only reason Guantanamo was remotely constitutionally excusable is it happened beyond the jurisdiction of our court system and borders, and to individuals with no meaningful connection to the U.S.

Obvious answer is obvious. Thank you.

There is a big difference between migrating and being deported, you are talking about the country that has several billionaires while 1/3rd of the population lives with less than 5 USD a day.

Let me guess. NAFTA sucked out all the jobs?

Back