Seattle man starts using female bathroom says "the law has changed and I have a right to be here

Condescension rather than content? Really?
I did use Google, now and many times before, and that's why I asked for your sources, because there is nothing that supports your claim that transgenders have literally the same brain as those of the opposite sex from them. Their brain physiology is different from normal, and it resembles that of the opposite sex in some ways, but no, transgenders are not born with someone else's brain.
Anorexics and bulimics also have a different brain physiology; should we build separate bathrooms for them so that they have somewhere to puke without feeling judged?

Mental illness is often charactarized by a different brain physiology. Do you not know that? Depression is considered a mental illness, but scientists have begun mapping the physiology associated with it. Schizophrenia and bi-polar are considered mental diseases, and they have biological markers.

Yeah, it says the same thing to you and to the scientific community, but your conclusion is just wrong. If you have a pseudo-female brain in a male body, then yes, there is something wrong with your brain.
Yeah not trying to be condescending at all bud, I'm just tired and I'm drunkish and I don't want to do it right now. Reading your post there's no need anyway, we're already pretty close in agreement. I agree that they don't literally have the exact brain physiology of the opposite gender, as you said they have physiology resembling the other gender. Which is pretty strong information as to why they have the feelings they do..

I also agree that increasingly research is pointing out that mental illness typically has a biological cause, so again we're not far off here at all. I simply feel there is a large distinction between brain dysfunction telling you to barf up everything you eat, or that everyone is secretly lizard people, and brain physiology that makes you fee as if you are a different gender, because it is more closely aligned with that gender.

Anyway again if I came off condescending I apologize, that wasn't my intention.

Seattle fucking rocks. It's a bit smell your own farty, sure, but I'll take it for social progress mang. Also what's up dawg.

Seattle's tight, but most of us are crazy. It's a strange town.

I'm just chillin, killin. Yno. How you doing bud? Good to see you posting again.

Condescension rather than content? Really?
I did use Google, now and many times before, and that's why I asked for your sources, because there is nothing that supports your claim that transgenders have literally the same brain as those of the opposite sex from them. Their brain physiology is different from normal, and it resembles that of the opposite sex in some ways, but no, transgenders are not born with someone else's brain.
Anorexics and bulimics also have a different brain physiology; should we build separate bathrooms for them so that they have somewhere to puke without feeling judged?

Mental illness is often charactarized by a different brain physiology. Do you not know that? Depression is considered a mental illness, but scientists have begun mapping the physiology associated with it. Schizophrenia and bi-polar are considered mental diseases, and they have biological markers.

Yeah, it says the same thing to you and to the scientific community, but your conclusion is just wrong. If you have a pseudo-female brain in a male body, then yes, there is something wrong with your brain.
This is absolute nonsense. I'm telling you right now, if you went into any college in the United States and threw this out there in a psych or soc class, you'd be laughed directly out of the room.

Seattle's tight, but most of us are crazy. It's a strange town.

I'm just chillin, killin. Yno. How you doing bud? Good to see you posting again.
I'm doing alright bud. I've been around just not in the wr, needed a break.

Yeah not trying to be condescending at all bud, I'm just tired and I'm drunkish and I don't want to do it right now. Reading your post there's no need anyway, we're already pretty close in agreement. I agree that they don't literally have the exact brain physiology of the opposite gender, as you said they have physiology resembling the other gender. Which is pretty strong information as to why they have the feelings they do..

I also agree that increasingly research is pointing out that mental illness typically has a biological cause, so again we're not far off here at all. I simply feel there is a large distinction between brain dysfunction telling you to barf up everything you eat, or that everyone is secretly lizard people, and brain physiology that makes you fee as if you are a different gender, because it is more closely aligned with that gender.

Anyway again if I came off condescending I apologize, that wasn't my intention.

All good, man. I'm too prickly in general anyway.

Yeah, look, my view isn't that transgendered people should be beaten or shamed (I was actually a friendly acquaintance of one of this country's first recipients of successful gender reassignment, and they don't creep me out either) but I do think that there is something wrong with them and that, while they don't deserve fewer rights than the rest of us, we'd be better off trying to figure out what that something is than trying to change larger society to fit the needs of the disordered few.
My opinion on sex reassignment is the same: you don't change a functional body to match a broken brain, especially when you have a tenuous-at-best understanding of how that brain works.

Transgendered people are generally far less happy than 'normal people' and while I'm sure discrimination plays a part in that, I'd guess that the dysfunction (and I do consider it to be a dysfunction) of their minds carries a greater share of that guilt.

yeah I haven't been on much lately after that lame ass layout change. But I'm always around.

I seent you @Bukowski82 !
Hey, what's up Buddy! haha, please don't tell me you saw me around town and didn't say what's up... How you been?

This is absolute nonsense. I'm telling you right now, if you went into any college in the United States and threw this out there in a psych or soc class, you'd be laughed directly out of the room.

Any college in the United States?

Also, what is a soc class?

All good, man. I'm too prickly in general anyway.

Yeah, look, my view isn't that transgendered people should be beaten or shamed (I was actually a friendly acquaintance of one of this country's first recipients of successful gender reassignment, and they don't creep me out either) but I do think that there is something wrong with them and that, while they don't deserve fewer rights than the rest of us, we'd be better off trying to figure out what that something is than trying to change larger society to fit the needs of the disordered few.
My opinion on sex reassignment is the same: you don't change a functional body to match a broken brain, especially when you have a tenuous-at-best understanding of how that brain works.

Transgendered people are generally far less happy than 'normal people' and while I'm sure discrimination plays a part in that, I'd guess that the dysfunction (and I do consider it to be a dysfunction) of their minds carries a greater share of that guilt.
Yeah I honestly think it's a mix of both societal pressures and the innate issues of being trans. I don't know that we have the capability to help them, but I think we should keep trying to. I'm sort of an idealist though, I want everyone to be happy and coexist somehow.

Hey, what's up Buddy! haha, please don't tell me you saw me around town and didn't say what's up... How you been?
Pm incoming

Actually send me one, I don't know how this shit works now.

Yeah I honestly think it's a mix of both societal pressures and the innate issues of being trans. I don't know that we have the capability to help them, but I think we should keep trying to. I'm sort of an idealist though, I want everyone to be happy and coexist somehow.

I don't think real help is available right now, and we should do what we can to make people comfortable... I think you and I mostly differ in our opinions of how far to go to make people comfortable. Not a bad disagreement to have.

Any college in the United States?

Also, what is a soc class?
Yes, any legit college that isn't a Christian school teaching psuedo-science based on Bronze Age mythology. 100%.

It's just short for Sociology.

I don't think real help is available right now, and we should do what we can to make people comfortable... I think you and I mostly differ in our opinions of how far to go to make people comfortable. Not a bad disagreement to have.
Yeah I don't think we're all that far apart. For what it's worth I think exactly what we can and should do is still being figured out as well, I don't necessarily agree that we should fall over ourselves doing anything and everything they want in the hope that it helps. I'm more of an advocate for continuing research. Psychology is one of the fields where we are just beginning to figure out what the hell we're doing.

Yes, any legit college that isn't a Christian school teaching psuedo-science based on Bronze Age mythology. 100%.

It's just short for Sociology.

Okay, what did I say, exactly, that would be laughed out of their classes?
Because, Johns Hopkin is one of the leading teaching hospitals in the United States, and sometime last year their head psychiatrist (or some other upper-echelon title) came out and said that Transgenderism is a mental disorder

"Employees report that the man made no verbal or physical attempt to identify as a woman"

liberal retards using their own logic against themselves.

Okay, what did I say, exactly, that would be laughed out of their classes?
Because, Johns Hopkin is one of the leading teaching hospitals in the United States, and sometime last year their head psychiatrist (or some other upper-echelon title) came out and said that Transgenderism is a mental disorder
Dude, did you just not read what me and Mike were just saying about how people this very occurrence and those like it? Or did you not understand...

Dude, did you just not read what me and Mike were just saying about how people this very occurrence and those like it? Or did you not understand...

What?
You can't accuse me of not understanding something when you can't even manage to put your words together in the right order.

Again. What did I say that would be laughed out of any college in America?

What?
You can't accuse me of not understanding something when you can't even manage to put your words together in the right order.

Again. What did I say that would be laughed out of any college in America?
JFC. I'll break it down for you again. Yes, I remember the news story of that guy doing that. Do you know why that was a news story?

It was a news story because he's the only one in that community that believes it. The evidence and consensus about this issue among experts are both vet clear and overwhelming. There is no debate.

But thanks for pointing out my poorly written sentence.

JFC. I'll break it down for you again. Yes, I remember the news story of that guy doing that. Do you know why that was a news story?

It was a news story because he's the only one in that community that believes it. The evidence and consensus about this issue among experts are both vet clear and overwhelming. There is no debate.

That's nice and all, but it's clear that you don't know what the consensus is, because the consensus is exactly what I said it is in that post that would apparently get me laughed out of any college in the states.

But thanks for pointing out my poorly written sentence.

No problem. An inability to structure your thoughts coherently is a sign of a disordered mind.

Back